THE BROWNS BOARD

Fisher Fired

darren15

Was Fisher angling to be let go ?, the owners never let him off the hook after he took the bait of a contract extension

Not sure I follow you. The owners offer and sign him to a 2 year extension. How is that Fisher "angling" to be let go? Unless it was basically as I said before a Golden Parachute for past services rendered.

He can do TV if he wants...and still get paid 2 years. He can be a DC I believe elsewhere....and still be paid, perhaps with no offset. Though he may not become an HC....though I am not even sure of that. Again, offset language issue. Just like Joey Bosa.

It was only a matter of time before Goff got Fisher fired, I just thought there would be a little more time than 14 weeks..... Bring on the Chargers.

Saw shots of Fisher on the sideline yesterday. He looked done... just flat worn out. Never seen him like that before.

Probably merely coincidental, but I heard somewhere that his Rams' loss yesterday to ATL left him tied for the HC career loss record. At least now he may never break the tie.

I would take him as our DC in a heartbeat.

Theres some talk about them going after harbaugh. That would suck for michigan. I was looking forward to that rivalry meaning something again

I think Jim would simply put the call on hold for a couple more years...

The half empty stadium Sunday just shows why LA went so long without a team.

.... guess you missed the overhead shot of Browns' FirstEnergy Stadium.

6 winning seasons out of 22? That is better than what we been doing, We have 2 some what winning seasons since we been back and 1 playoff game. MAYBE if we would stop getting a new coach every other fucking year this shit would change. But it wont, They will bring in a new coach full of political promise struggle to win 3 games if that and do it all over again.

Do you forget why the Rams left in the first place? LA has no interest in football with the Lakers, Clippers, Ducks, Dodgers, Angels, etc

All vying for a piece of the revenue pie. Roger Goodell is an A$$hole for his role in getting the team away from St. Louis!

But we do know one thing; Jared Goff needs a better QB coach and better weapons around him. What have the Rams been doing these past five years? All those RG3 draft picks, they should have a killer defense and Offensive line by now!

can someone explain why given the already stunning amount of sports franchises in that town, now plus 1 with the Rams who are showing that LA fans could give a fuck....that the chargers are heading there next year too. I don't get it. I don't get leaving SD in the first place, but if you have to go....go somewhere where you're pretty much the only game in town save for maybe one other team. I mean in every major sport they're gonna have two teams. Why go somewhere where not only is there all those other teams, there's also another football team there now too.

Saw shots of Fisher on the sideline yesterday. He looked done... just flat worn out. Never seen him like that before.

Flipping between jets coaches & Fisher's coaches yesterday had doom & gloom written all over it. Fisher set in $ for now & many don't take a move Backwards but Sean Peyton came to mind as a guy that always needed a Fisher as a DC. than the ghost of Greg Williams reappeared

I don't get it. I don't get leaving SD in the first place, but if you have to go....

The reason for leaving San Diego is playing in a nearly 50 year old dump of a stadium and a city and citizens who have no interest in keeping the team in San Diego.

can someone explain why given the already stunning amount of sports franchises in that town, now plus 1 with the Rams who are showing that LA fans could give a fuck....that the chargers are heading there next year too. I don't get it. I don't get leaving SD in the first place, but if you have to go....go somewhere where you're pretty much the only game in town save for maybe one other team. I mean in every major sport they're gonna have two teams. Why go somewhere where not only is there all those other teams, there's also another football team there now too.

Send 'em to St. Louis, though that's unlikely.

Do you forget why the Rams left in the first place? LA has no interest in football with the Lakers, Clippers, Ducks, Dodgers, Angels, etc

All vying for a piece of the revenue pie. Roger Goodell is an A$$hole for his role in getting the team away from St. Louis!

But we do know one thing; Jared Goff needs a better QB coach and better weapons around him. What have the Rams been doing these past five years? All those RG3 draft picks, they should have a killer defense and Offensive line by now!

Did you forget the Rams left Cleveland for LA?

Probably merely coincidental, but I heard somewhere that his Rams' loss yesterday to ATL left him tied for the HC career loss record. At least now he may never break the tie.

Look up Mack Brown's brother's head coaching record. It's absurdly bad. He must produce the most high character kids college football has ever seen otherwise it makes no sense he got 25 years worth of head coaching jobs.

Send 'em to St. Louis, though that's unlikely.

If my relatives from St. Louis are any indication, there is little to no interest in bringing an NFL team back to town. They are done with pro ball and and trying, but having a hard time, to get into the college game. Mizzou and the nonsense from a year or two ago aren't helping.

Two words: Stadium revenue.

Archived