THE BROWNS BOARD

Positive FO Article... How It is "Effectively Working Fringes"

Tour2ma

Noticed this on reddit... It's worth a read.

Cleveland Browns: Front Office Effectively Working Fringes
by Peter Smith18 hours ago

The Cleveland Browns front office has done an excellent job taking advantages to improve the roster during this season.

Most of the focus for this season is on the 14 players the Cleveland Browns selected in the 2016 NFL Draft. 12 of those players are on the current roster with Trey Caldwell on the practice squad and Scooby Wright signed off of their practice squad to the active roster of the Arizona Cardinals. The front office has done an excellent job of manipulating their roster to essentially add extra draft picks and talent in general as other teams got pinched by roster constraints.

http://nflspinzone.com/2016/12/15/cleveland-browns-front-office-effectively-working-fringes/

Full article lists and discusses six, in-season pick-ups: Darius Jackson, Tyrone Holmes, Dan Vitale, Anthony Fabiano, Briean Boddy-Calhoun and Trae Elston. Only Elston came with a hint of being a problem-child.

If all goes according to plan, then we will have one more year of the opportunity to make these kinds of pick-ups. Reads like we are milking the silver lining of this cloud we're under for all it's worth.

Wow, I like it. Something actually positive about our Browns.

I've been telling my friends to give this FO a chance. They have to have at least 3 or 4 years, along with Hue, and then let's see where they're at. To me, 0-13 is awful but blowing it up again isn't the answer.

Wow, I like it. Something actually positive about our Browns.

I've been telling my friends to give this FO a chance. They have to have at least 3 or 4 years, along with Hue, and then let's see where they're at. To me, 0-13 is awful but blowing it up again isn't the answer.

Is there anything left to blow up? Never occurred to me to ask that before...

As for "a chance"... you and me both, Bob. This kind of opportunistic "haul", is no accident. I have zero doubt that these are players from our 2016 board that simply did not fall to where we thought they would... where we saw their relative value commensurate with a pick.

I posted that in the move over sashi thread. I like the optimism but while you can find role players like that it's extremely rare to find the elite talent needed to turn an NFL team into winners. This is why this draft is crucial.

Lol...just the endless negativity. I understand there hasn't been a ton of positivity this year, I'm just sick of the media bashing virtually everything.

That being said, I will be angry if they trade down again.

Off topic....Browns will beat Buffalo.

This draft is possibly the biggest in franchise history definitely since 99. I would not be surprised to see a them move up from their first pick in the 2nd back into the ladder 1st round. I would be down with 3 top 25 draft picks and they could very well be all defensive.

Personally I don't touch any of the QB talent in this class. I would sure hope they haven't done all this trading and positioning strictly for a QB. If they were not turned on by top 2 in 2016 I really cant see them being excited about 2017 class. I think Kessler and a few Trailblazing Josh McCown type can get us to a future draft.

I would be more comfy with trading away 2nd and 3rd round picks to see about high potential qbs that haven't gotten a shot because they sit behind a blue chipper at that position on their team.

does the Good outweigh the bad & the Ugly? Time will tell..We got a Punter but No Punt Returners. We got No QB's but Kess might be. We have dealt for several WR's & RB's we still never see them play. Atkinson was a OK RB at Oakland? Let's try Dallas's Too. We see where our OL struggles (C A M) & we saw 2 attempts to fix it Johnathan Cooper & Reiter..Fabiano? don't know leeO'. Waiting for Jeopardy, to say the answer is Shon Coleman? Put Your Sand Baggin Players on the Field, so we might be able to take ours Off..Hell, maybe even Win A Game :o

I posted that in the move over sashi thread. I like the optimism but while you can find role players like that it's extremely rare to find the elite talent needed to turn an NFL team into winners. This is why this draft is crucial.

exactly.

12 scooby dooby fresh and fruitys does not equal 3 stud playmakers. i get the 'foundation' players but we've had foundation players every year since '99.

exactly.

12 scooby dooby fresh and fruitys does not equal 3 stud playmakers. i get the 'foundation' players but we've had foundation players every year since '99.

Right.....I think the last thing this teams needs is a bunch more below average bodies.....we have a whole roster full.....

The ONLY......only only only.....quality "mid-season" move they made, was to get Collins......and that is only a quality move IF they keep him....otherwise, it was just a waste.....

As for "a chance"... you and me both, Bob. This kind of opportunistic "haul", is no accident. I have zero doubt that these are players from our 2016 board that simply did not fall to where we thought they would... where we saw their relative value commensurate with a pick.

Well Tour- after the fact in that survey, the thought crossed my mind a truck bomb at 76 Lou Groza Boulevard wouldn't do much damage either. :D

This draft is possibly the biggest in franchise history definitely since 99.

Ain't it the truth...

As if the weight of failed draft after draft isn't enough, the 2017 follows the Mother of all blow-ups... plunged us to depths heretofore unimagined so hard and fast that even a relatively error-free haul could not arrest our fall.

This is the draft that has to detectably reverse course.

And it's all on My Cousin Sashi...

Archived