THE BROWNS BOARD

Gus Bradley gets canned

DKAllDay

Gus- a Walsh/Holmgren coaching Tree..but I sure would luv some of Gus's playing with some emotion on this defense....remember Hue's real choice as DC is soaking up the sunshine in Miami with Case..talent matters, so does timing in our case

eh, not so sure. The Bradley defense reads very similiar to what Horton is running. I think Horton even stated prior to the season he runs a seattle style hybrid. Read up on it here, http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/1/19/3890928/gus-bradley-defense-leo-position

On paper it sounds good and when you have the players that Seattle did, yeah...great. We don't have them. And that's not a bad thing or a good thing. We have to run the defense that fits our players. The Vikings, Panthers, Dolphins come to my immediate mind when I think about the kind of 4-3 we ought to be running with our current roster and what's coming available in the draft. We really should target either Allen or Garrett. I'm ok with either but im on record saying Allen's physique is more NFL ready. I'd love to be a fan of a team that takes a player like Garett and develops him into an elite NFL athlete..but history has shown if you come to play for the Browns and you still need time in the weight room, it probably ain't gonna work out for you here.

I mean we all saw in the offseason how Mingo had to employ some former roided out female bodybuilder in order to "bulk up"...and what good did it do him? Putting on some water muscle doesn't do fuck squat for you in the NFL. How do the Steelers take a college no name like James Harrison and turn him into not just one of the strongest but one of the most feared defenders in NFL history...but we can't take a standout like Mingo from an SEC powerhouse and make shit out of him? Ridiculous state of affairs on this team.

eh, not so sure. The Bradley defense reads very similiar to what Horton is running. I think Horton even stated prior to the season he runs a seattle style hybrid. Read up on it here, http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2013/1/19/3890928/gus-bradley-defense-leo-position

On paper it sounds good and when you have the players that Seattle did, yeah...great. We don't have them. And that's not a bad thing or a good thing. We have to run the defense that fits our players. The Vikings, Panthers, Dolphins come to my immediate mind when I think about the kind of 4-3 we ought to be running with our current roster and what's coming available in the draft. We really should target either Allen or Garrett. I'm ok with either but im on record saying Allen's physique is more NFL ready. I'd love to be a fan of a team that takes a player like Garett and develops him into an elite NFL athlete..but history has shown if you come to play for the Browns and you still need time in the weight room, it probably ain't gonna work out for you here.

I mean we all saw in the offseason how Mingo had to employ some former roided out female bodybuilder in order to "bulk up"...and what good did it do him? Putting on some water muscle doesn't do fuck squat for you in the NFL. How do the Steelers take a college no name like James Harrison and turn him into not just one of the strongest but one of the most feared defenders in NFL history...but we can't take a standout like Mingo from an SEC powerhouse and make shit out of him? Ridiculous state of affairs on this team.

LOL! You need to do a little research before you make a claim like that about needing time in the weight room.

"Listed at 6-5, 262, Garrett’s got the chiseled physique of a DB — a huge DB. The junior has off-the-charts workout numbers. He told me this month he power cleans 440 pounds and bench-presses 485 — staggering when you consider he also has a 40-inch vertical"-Bruce Feldman, Fox Sports, July 2016

You guys are homos.

Don't fire anybody. Don't hire anybody.

Get better players.

Not sure about the "homo" thing, but agree with the rest.

It's not as if Bradley's 'Hawk D wasn't stacked. He had a lot of high-value, PAC 12 talent with which to work that Pete Carroll had in his memory bank from his USC days.

keep the whole lot of 'em until we find out if they can do better with better talent. if they can get rid of them all.

i hate to see anyone lose their job but this is a cut-throat biz. next year there has to be improvement, from everywhere in this franchise.........i don't care if it's 3 wins (yeah that's kinda where my measuring stick is at) but i want to see improvement in every coachable stat across the board and improvement in some that you can't coach, which is god-given talent. browns need to score big in the next draft, on both sides of the ball.

keep the whole lot of 'em until we find out if they can do better with better talent. if they can get rid of them all.

i hate to see anyone lose their job but this is a cut-throat biz. next year there has to be improvement, from everywhere in this franchise.........i don't care if it's 3 wins (yeah that's kinda where my measuring stick is at) but i want to see improvement in every coachable stat across the board and improvement in some that you can't coach, which is god-given talent. browns need to score big in the next draft, on both sides of the ball.

Yep

LOL! You need to do a little research before you make a claim like that about needing time in the weight room.

"Listed at 6-5, 262, Garretts got the chiseled physique of a DB a huge DB. The junior has off-the-charts workout numbers. He told me this month he power cleans 440 pounds and bench-presses 485 staggering when you consider he also has a 40-inch vertical"-Bruce Feldman, Fox Sports, July 2016

Two things...

1) you never take a kids word for it, especially when they're angling to be the #1 pick

2) my assessment of him is from tape where he gets swallowed by tackles. Whatever he does in the weight room is if no consequence to me if you cant duplicate it on the field. For a guy supposedly so strong he has serious problems keeping his arms extended, allen....not as much

Two things...

1) you never take a kids word for it, especially when they're angling to be the #1 pick

2) my assessment of him is from tape where he gets swallowed by tackles. Whatever he does in the weight room is if no consequence to me if you cant duplicate it on the field. For a guy supposedly so strong he has serious problems keeping his arms extended, allen....not as much

If you are watching injury tapes (From Ark. on) then don't pick him. But high ankle sprains do eventually heal. And Garrett is noted for his honesty in directly answering questions about his play /conditioning. He is well known to be a weight room fanatic (you can find some you-tube stuff with him throwing them up like a DT).

Early in the year I thought he locked out and stacked LTs consistently. I even commented on his discipline and the fact that TAMU was not cutting his pass rush loose all the time.

TBH I did not see much of him later in the year.

Archived