THE BROWNS BOARD

After Halftime

gumby73

outscored 193-87 after Half Time.3 times Browns have been shutout in 2nd half.We outscored 1 Team Bengals 10-3 Once.Browns scored most 2nd Half points @ Titans still losing 2nd Half total 13-14.Most points Browns giving up 2nd Half was to Jets 24.Baltimore 22.Both at Home. Browns have scored 10 points twice,11 & 13 once in 2nd Half. 13 of 14 games Browns give up about 14/game on average after Half..Browns may see O-10 points. May want to just have a picnic under goalpost at Half

outscored 193-87 after Half Time.3 times Browns have been shutout in 2nd half.We outscored 1 Team Bengals 10-3 Once.Browns scored most 2nd Half points @ Titans still losing 2nd Half total 13-14.Most points Browns giving up 2nd Half was to Jets 24.Baltimore 22. Browns have scored 10 points twice,11 & 13 once in 2nd Half. 13 of 14 games Browns give up about 14/game on average after Half..Browns may see 7-10 points. May want to just have a picnic under goalpost at Half

And when was the last time we had the lead? Even if it did only last a minute. It reminds me of a Stepian style of ownership...Sigh.

We have a bunch of 22-23 year olds playing against teams full of 27-28 year olds. Yeah, around the halfway mark, our guys start to get a little beat up and lag a bit. It's not surprising. We will probably have second half issues for 2017 and 2018 as well while we wait for this group to mature. Free agents could change that dynamic a bit. We will see.

outscored 193-87 after Half Time.3 times Browns have been shutout in 2nd half.We outscored 1 Team Bengals 10-3 Once.Browns scored most 2nd Half points @ Titans still losing 2nd Half total 13-14.Most points Browns giving up 2nd Half was to Jets 24.Baltimore 22.Both at Home. Browns have scored 10 points twice,11 & 13 once in 2nd Half. 13 of 14 games Browns give up about 14/game on average after Half..Browns may see O-10 points. May want to just have a picnic under goalpost at Half

this whole 2nd half thing is a new phenomenon......we had a way of roaring back just a couple seasons ago.....wish we still had that kinda backbone now.....

Cant say what the difference is tho.....could just be a lack of leadership in the lockerroom.....no old timers to show the kids the way...which is my guess....

Of it could be coaching?.......poor conditioning?.....poor game planning/adjustments?.......kids w/o talent or legs?......

Choose your poison......

this whole 2nd half thing is a new phenomenon......we had a way of roaring back just a couple seasons ago.....wish we still had that kinda backbone now.....

Cant say what the difference is tho.....could just be a lack of leadership in the lockerroom.....no old timers to show the kids the way...which is my guess....

Of it could be coaching?.......poor conditioning?.....poor game planning/adjustments?.......kids w/o talent or legs?......

Choose your poison......

The defense being gassed in the second half has always been the MO of a Ray Horton defense.

I just wish I could think of an excuse for the first half.

Choose your poison......

We have a bunch of 22-23 year olds playing against a bunch of 27-28 year olds. Couple years ago we had a significantly older team.

We have a bunch of 22-23 year olds playing against a bunch of 27-28 year olds. Couple years ago we had a significantly older team.

lol

well...hell just froze over....cause we almost agree....

there isnt one....except.....the plan.....

The "after halftime struggles" are beyond maddening, and the 3rd quarter numbers are just awful. I forget the exact stat, but at one point during the season we had so few points during the 3rd quarter, that it about made me cry. And here's what's even MORE frustrating. Two weeks in a row now, we got a rare 3rd quarter touchdown, and cut the lead to 7 points or so. Then we did NOTHING. Take the Bills game for example. We score a touchdown, cut the deficit to 7 points, and then our defense does absolutely nothing, and the Bills run up the damn score. We were only down 7 points! That's the time to create a turnover, get that sack-fumble, or even make that play for a pick-6. SOMETHING to take momentum and push the tide toward taking control of the game. But we never do that. We never string together big plays. It's so...frustrating.

The defense being gassed in the second half has always been the MO of a Ray Horton defense.

Not that a failure of 3-and-outs by the D is not a contributor, but when they are also the O's MO, then gassed happens...

Works in the first half, too... at least for Q2.

Archived