THE BROWNS BOARD

Stop Saying I told you so

jrb12711

I like the way these guys are doing it. Sure its the most painful thing ive ever witnessed, but it actually feels right this time.

Ditto...

Agree. Some of the pompousness around our fan base is tough to take. All this losing is making fans crazy.

The word is "pomposity"... get it right you fucking peasant...

Yep. These guys are f'ing annoying. Even some of those who are NOT jumping off the cliff now predicted that we would suck, so why are the cliffjumpers bragging about how they called it?

Meh... bothers me less than those who predicted 8-8 or better and now cry "suck"...

I don't understand why the same people saying "we have needs everywhere, our roster blows, not one position is set, etc." are the same ones saying they will blow up a mall if we trade back.

lol... You're still using "consistency" as a measuring stick? How long have you been here?

I look forward to next years draft, but if we tank next year, please don't give any fucking excuses like, "the plan was to tank and rebuild for another year for another #1 pick too", because i'll go absolutely fucking mad then.

How will we know?

I'm with jrb. For fuck's sake everybody was predicting the team to go 1 + 15 or 0 and 16 and now we're surprised as shit.

Actually I'd bet the 1-win + 0-win pack would be under 25%... but can't prove it.

Tried searching the forum several ways and not finding a prediction thread for 2016 other than this thinly participated one:

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41066&hl=predict%2A

Maybe someone else will have better luck...

I'm not one who starts thread, but this shit has been driving me crazy on this forum lately. This Browns 2016 team was going to suck, and that was intentionally the plan. To sit here and act holier than thou in so many threads and say shit like "SEE, I told you guys!" is driving me insane. It's just as stupid as Dareus predicting a win against us this week. Look at the better teams in the NFL right now:

Chiefs

Raiders

Titans

Colts

Dolphins

Bucs

etc.

You know what these guys did before they got good? They sucked and built through the draft. Three of those teams used top 3 picks on the QB position and lived in the bottom of the barrel until they got that right. They purged mediocre talent and got young guys who can play, but young guys don't instantly play at pro bowl levels. We clearly suck, but the point was to clearly suck. Sure we probably suck more than even I expected, but my personal over/under on wins this season was two. I get being frustrated, and I get the argument of this plan not working with previous regimes. The thing is though, this is the 1st time we've truly executed the reboot the way it should be done, at least IMO. You don't hold on to mediocre to below average veterans in lieu of developing young guys. You tank to get that game changing player.

The point is, the goal this year was to suck and we do, in fact, suck. You aren't the smartest guy in the room for saying you knew this was going to happen because we all did.

There's a few FAS as well, but ya, they did it through the draft...Smart drafting. And no argument about the merits of that system. But when you see most of those teams suck, get good, then suck and get good again while we just maintain the steady vacuum of a Hoover. Kinda like the old story about the kid who cried wolf. Fans are tired of hearing it and are gonna bitch and there's not much shortage of reasons.

How will we know?

Actually I'd bet the 1-win + 0-win pack would be under 25%... but can't prove it.

Tried searching the forum several ways and not finding a prediction thread for 2016 other than this thinly participated one:

http://thebrownsboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=41066&hl=predict%2A

Maybe someone else will have better luck...

I had us at about 2-14, but I figured both wins would come in the first 6 games. Once we got to 0-8, I figured we'd go winless, maybe 1 victory in the last week or three.

I agree with this coming draft, save for a truly blockbuster deal.

I think we nabbed more than a handful of long term starters and role players in this last draft, which we did not have prior. I count four guys off the top of my head who could turn into easy long term starters for us.

33%? guess it's better than 32%

oh, is it too late to say 'i told you so'?

Good post.

Been singing the same song, different hymnal.

Mine goes:

Dallas Cowboys 1989 1-15

Dallas Cowboys 1992 Lost NFC championship to Lions

Dallas Cowboys 1993 Super Bowl champs

Get the reboot right.

I had us at about 2-14, but I figured both wins would come in the first 6 games. Once we got to 0-8, I figured we'd go winless, maybe 1 victory in the last week or three.

I thought 2-2 start (+/-) then maybe a decent push at the end with the favorable home schedule and week 13 bye....

.....not the worst BROWNS team since WWII. Ouch.

my bad it's 35%. you said four players were solid picks and will be on the roster going forward. 4 outta 14 picks. 1 in 3.5 or 35%.

and the 'i told you so' was to get under the OPs skin.

meanwhile tell me which four players you think will latch on and be solid NFL players? Nassib? Ogbah? Kessler? Coleman?

pretty sad commentary considering other teams pick talent that come in and take over the league with their talent.

Hit Rate is pointless. The FO is working on the assumption that hit rate is roughly the same whatever happens, so more picks = more hits. And hey! 4 hits this year compared to 2 in previous years. Look at that. Magic.

I think there's two great prospects (Allen and Garrett) that have game changing potential. Unless something drastic changes either of those guys would be a great upgrade.

Hey I have no doubt there's a handful of guys that would be a great upgrade. First pick of the draft great?

I'm thinking Elway, Suh, LT, somebody along those lines.

And that's assuming that Sushi and depodesta can find their ass with both hands and remember not to select a designated hitter.

WSS

I like the way these guys are doing it. Sure its the most painful thing ive ever witnessed, but it actually feels right this time.

You know I suspect that's exactly what people in prison say about their 2nd "date".

I wonder if Jimmah will hold auditions for court Jester. I could use the $$. :D

Hit Rate is pointless. The FO is working on the assumption that hit rate is roughly the same whatever happens, so more picks = more hits. And hey! 4 hits this year compared to 2 in previous years. Look at that. Magic.

MATH RULES!

what years and what two?

funny how some of the picks of other regimes are starting for teams way better than the browns right now.

what years and what two?

funny how some of the picks of other regimes are starting for teams way better than the browns right now.

Well start with 2015, Danny Shelton looks good, as does Duke. Orchard - maybe? Erving, no. Cooper, no. Campbell, backup. Mayle, Gaines, M. Johnson, Pullard, Ife no longer on the team. Randall Telfer meh.

2014 - Bitonio & Kirksey. We drafted six players that year, Gilbert, Manziel, West and Desir were the others, none are on the team.

2013 - No players from that draft are still with the team

2012 - TRich, Weeden, no. Schwartz, yes. Hughes, no. Benji, yes, mostly. Johnson, Miller, Acho, Winn, Wade, Smelley, no.

how far do you want to go back? The draft with the most maybes is 2015, where we took maybe 12 players? Then 2014, 2013 we took 6 and 5 players and have two to show for it.

Well start with 2015, Danny Shelton looks good, as does Duke. Orchard - maybe? Erving, no. Cooper, no. Campbell, backup. Mayle, Gaines, M. Johnson, Pullard, Ife no longer on the team. Randall Telfer meh.

2014 - Bitonio & Kirksey. We drafted six players that year, Gilbert, Manziel, West and Desir were the others, none are on the team.

2013 - No players from that draft are still with the team

2012 - TRich, Weeden, no. Schwartz, yes. Hughes, no. Benji, yes, mostly. Johnson, Miller, Acho, Winn, Wade, Smelley, no.

how far do you want to go back? The draft with the most maybes is 2015, where we took maybe 12 players? Then 2014, 2013 we took 6 and 5 players and have two to show for it.

so as far as i can tell farmer did no worse in his drafts than sashi and co. did last year.

Archived