THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas selected to his 10th consecutive Pro Bowl

Canton Dawg

Congrats Joe Thomas!! Gumby"73" A Decade recap celebration of my favorite NFL Player...Joe Thomas was 1st Team Big Ten in 05 & 06. Outland Award also in 06. Phil Savage drafted JT at #3 in 07 Draft.(the fishing with dad was better than the NFL hand shakes) Yep, JT made 1st team Pro Bowl his 1st Season but in 08 was the only season JT was a 2nd Team Pro Bowler(enter Boooo Here) from 09-2016 all 1st Team Pro Bowler at LT.. It's Browns Football on Sundays.. but Thank You Lord theirs a Joe Thomas out there at LT on Sunday's :)

Still a VERY good left tackle.

Never a road grading run blocker...but one of the best pass blockers the Browns have ever had. Great guy. Great team mate. (and he never stick whipped a child)

It's about time to draft his replacement to play RT until it's time to take over.

Joe will play forever...

He actually seemed to have slowed down a beat vs. Cinci. His kick drop did not have the same snap in it.

Vs. BUF he was back to the Joe I saw all last year. He was a kick-step deep before anyone on either Line had moved. Live I was expecting flags for false starts that never came.

I'm guessing he was nursing something in the Bengals game.

There's a lot of inertia in reputations that have been firmly established. Both Ben and Luke have it in spades. Both flashed enough of their past form to earn them their 2016 spot.

JT must be getting to the point in his career where he's thinking about life after football.

He's recently become a partner in a restaurant (Mission BBQ) that has locations in Canton & Parma.

They have a military oriented theme, with very good food.

Joe Thomas rocks. I hope he wants to stay with the Browns. And he is part owner of Mission BBQ?

We're taking our friends staying with us then, from NC, there right after Christmas. Canton Mike speaks

very highly of it.

The Golden Boyz were talking about JT today. Goldhammer was trying to question his position as an all time great Brown because he has never been to the playoffs. He also said something about how Orlando Pace played in a Superbowl.

I understand that Goldhammer is a malignant narcissist who has made a living off of trolling Browns fans, but this one is just too obvious. How the hell is it Joe's fault that the Browns have spent his entire career looking for a viable QB? I guess a guy who didn't earn his job on his own merit would be the type of guy to confuse football with golf.

The Golden Boyz were talking about JT today. Goldhammer was trying to question his position as an all time great Brown because he has never been to the playoffs. He also said something about how Orlando Pace played in a Superbowl.

I understand that Goldhammer is a malignant narcissist who has made a living off of trolling Browns fans, but this one is just too obvious. How the hell is it Joe's fault that the Browns have spent his entire career looking for a viable QB? I guess a guy who didn't earn his job on his own merit would be the type of guy to confuse football with golf.

I agree Thomas is an all-time Brown. What I don't understand is why he hasn't asked to be traded behind the scenes. I guess I kinda question why a professional athlete who is competitive would resign himself to being a perennial loser when he could go to a team with a chance of winning. It just seems odd.

I agree Thomas is an all-time Brown. What I don't understand is why he hasn't asked to be traded behind the scenes. I guess I kinda question why a professional athlete who is competitive would resign himself to being a perennial loser when he could go to a team with a chance of winning. It just seems odd.

odd how ? and who are to question someone's character

You know, I've often questioned the so-called "will to win" when it comes to a lot of guys in professional sports in general. It's easy to have that passion and what not when you are in high school and even college because it's not about the money. But seriously, think about it-Joe Thomas is loved (rightly) by us here in Cleveland. The guy is on pace to make well over $100 million dollars in this professional career. The guy gets to take less of a beating and have more time off to golf in FL or w/e the fuck he wants to do. All the while by not being a dude who demands a trade looks awesome to everyone.

That's not a bad gig if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the guy is not a competitor. I just think that "competition" aspect changes a lot when it becomes your profession and livelihood.

Certainly will by your tenth season...

But you can see that Joe's "inner kid" is alive and well in most interviews. I am sure that kid still loves the game. There's also no doubt in my mind that he is justifiably proud of his effort/performance week in and out. No better evidence of either than his start streak during which we know he has played thru both injury and pain.

That kind of personal make-up can sustain a player through a lot of team-level, hard times.

Certainly will by your tenth season...

But you can see that Joe's "inner kid" is alive and well in most interviews. I am sure that kid still loves the game. There's also no doubt in my mind that he is justifiably proud of his effort/performance week in and out. No better evidence of either than his start streak during which we know he has played thru both injury and pain.

That kind of personal make-up can sustain a player through a lot of team-level, hard times.

Oh, about 2000 some odd years ago they would have called him Peter.

You know, I've often questioned the so-called "will to win" when it comes to a lot of guys in professional sports in general. It's easy to have that passion and what not when you are in high school and even college because it's not about the money. But seriously, think about it-Joe Thomas is loved (rightly) by us here in Cleveland. The guy is on pace to make well over $100 million dollars in this professional career. The guy gets to take less of a beating and have more time off to golf in FL or w/e the fuck he wants to do. All the while by not being a dude who demands a trade looks awesome to everyone.

That's not a bad gig if you ask me. Don't get me wrong, I don't think the guy is not a competitor. I just think that "competition" aspect changes a lot when it becomes your profession and livelihood.

I've never been in his position but I look at so many other pro-athletes who have chased the ring and Joe doesn't even seem to want to chase the playoffs. I'm not saying he isn't a good guy but it just seems counterintuitive to me. I've had the luxury of knowing a couple of guys who made it to the highest level at their sport and the common theme is the drive to win.

I do think it's great he wants to stick with the Browns, I hope the Browns can turn it around before he retires. He is for sure one of the best football players on the Browns and a great person, but sometimes I think he's a bit too nice.

There have been many times when the Browns were getting stomped, and the camera cuts to Joe Thomas laughing on the sidelines. That gets me. I understand the value of keeping morale up, but come on. A little competitive fire from a veteran would go a long way for this young team. Show that losing DOES matter and change this loser culture once and for all. I think it's that "nice guy" persona that is keeping him from trying to chase a ring though, so good for the Browns that they have at least some stability somewhere on the team.

I've never been in his position but I look at so many other pro-athletes who have chased the ring and Joe doesn't even seem to want to chase the playoffs. I'm not saying he isn't a good guy but it just seems counterintuitive to me. I've had the luxury of knowing a couple of guys who made it to the highest level at their sport and the common theme is the drive to win.

I mean he still has time to chase the ring though. Most guys who do what you're describing are in their last season or two, JT even at his age has 5-6 more seasons if he wants the way he keeps playing so well.

I do think it's great he wants to stick with the Browns, I hope the Browns can turn it around before he retires. He is for sure one of the best football players on the Browns and a great person, but sometimes I think he's a bit too nice.

There have been many times when the Browns were getting stomped, and the camera cuts to Joe Thomas laughing on the sidelines. That gets me. I understand the value of keeping morale up, but come on. A little competitive fire from a veteran would go a long way for this young team. Show that losing DOES matter and change this loser culture once and for all. I think it's that "nice guy" persona that is keeping him from trying to chase a ring though, so good for the Browns that they have at least some stability somewhere on the team.

Sorry for double post, but I don't really get that. The way the guy acts and plays is arguably the best all-time at the position. I'd clearly argue his cool demeanor is the reason he's been so rock solid for all these years. There's plenty of guys who can do that crazy nonsense, but I'm not changing a thing about JT as a dude or professional. It literally doesn't get any better than how he plays and acts.

Archived