THE BROWNS BOARD

'You cannot eat here': Hawaii café riles residents with ban on Trump voters

OldBrownsFan

More lunacy from the tolerant left:

1482872245332.jpg?ve=1&tl=1

"Honolulu’s Café 8 ½ gets rave reviews on Yelp for its “Radiatore Verde” and “Italian stir fry,” among other popular dishes at the eclectic mom-and-pop restaurant – but the response to its new 'policy' barring pro-Trump patrons has been decidedly more mixed.

A bright yellow, handmade sign posted on the restaurant's front glass door declares: “If you voted for Trump you cannot eat here! No Nazis.”

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/12/27/cannot-eat-here-hawaii-caf-riles-residents-with-ban-on-trump-voters.html

Here's another one:

Maine Gas Distributor Won’t Deliver to Trump Supporters Business owner vows to leave neighbors who voted for president-elect in the cold

An owner of a propane dealership in Maine is refusing to deliver gas to anyone who voted for President-Elect Donald Trump.

Michael Turner, owner of Turner LP Gas in Skowhegan, Maine, recorded a voicemail greeting that leaves little question as to his feelings for those in his community who supported Trump.

“If you voted for Donald Trump for president, I will no longer be delivering your gas — please find someone else.”

“Thank you for calling Turner LP Gas. If you voted for Donald Trump for president, I will no longer be delivering your gas — please find someone else,” the message states.

Turner isn’t the first person to refuse to do business with Trump voters — in late November, Mathew Blanchfield, CEO of an Albuquerque, New Mexico-based marketing firm, issued a statement saying he would no longer work with Trump supporters.

http://www.lifezette.com/polizette/maine-gas-distributor-wont-deliver-trump-supporters/

Huh?

WSS

Apologies, I was a little vague on that analogy:

DH asked if it was illegal to, I assume, refuse service based upon political beliefs; as far as I know, there is no law against it.

However, my analogy of the cake baker's case is more directed towards some conservative's outrage over this man refusing service over his beliefs; to me, it's just a tad odd that the same people who said that the Christian baker's shouldn't be forced to serve those against their religious beliefs would, in turn, be outraged at someone refusing service based on their own beliefs, albeit political ones. Whether religious or political, beliefs are still beliefs.

I could have sworn the people were forced to make the gay cake even though they didn't want to.

Negative. They were fined by the government (wrongfully so, imo), but they didn't make the cake, and luckily, others donated money to help pay their fine.

Negative. They were fined by the government (wrongfully so, imo), but they didn't make the cake, and luckily, others donated money to help pay their fine.

Well, fined is still being punished for not making the cake. So that should apply to this situation also. Not that I would particularly want to eat at a place that didn't want me too. It's dangerous enough eating out.

Well, fined is still being punished for not making the cake. So that should apply to this situation also. Not that I would particularly want to eat at a place that didn't want me too. It's dangerous enough eating out.

It was wrong to legally punish the bakery, and it would be wrong to legally punish this fuel moron as well. Let the free market punish this person; if you keep excluding people from your customer base because they believe a different way than you do, eventually you'll exclude your business into bankruptcy.

Apologies, I was a little vague on that analogy:

DH asked if it was illegal to, I assume, refuse service based upon political beliefs; as far as I know, there is no law against it.

However, my analogy of the cake baker's case is more directed towards some conservative's outrage over this man refusing service over his beliefs; to me, it's just a tad odd that the same people who said that the Christian baker's shouldn't be forced to serve those against their religious beliefs would, in turn, be outraged at someone refusing service based on their own beliefs, albeit political ones. Whether religious or political, beliefs are still beliefs.

Whether or not it's a complete strawman I think the actual idea was, at least in my opinion, the homosexuals and the bakery were being assholes and it could have easily been avoided by just going to some place that was happy to make your cake. Of course you on the left decided to make an example of the Christian Bakery and came down upon them with the full force of the United States government and crush them out of existence.

The main issue here is the hypocrisy and none of us believes that a Muslim Bakery would be forced out of business for the same thing. Or a black Bakery refusing to make swastika cookies for a klan meeting.

But if the US government in all its political correct Fury comes down on these restaurants that refuse to serve Trump supporters then I guess we can agree on sauces and how the effect geese and ganders.

:)

If you were a betting man where would you put your money?

WSS

Archived