THE BROWNS BOARD

2017 Opponents

TopDawg31

CLEVELAND BROWNS Home: Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings (in London), New York Jets Away: Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, San Diego Chargers

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2017/01/2017-nfl-opponents-all-32-teams-home-and-away-games-for-next-season/

Im road trippin to Indy and Chicago. Flying in to Houston.

So, they did take a home game away from the Browns to play in London? Still no date on that game?

San Diego road trip late in season could be nice as well.

If you would like to visit Los Angeles and the Coliseum.

If you would like to visit Los Angeles and the Coliseum.

I might...but I hope not. Why would the Chargers want to move to LA to be second class citizens to the Rams. Its BS. If they really HAVE to move out of SD, then go somewhere else. San Antonio, Portland, Sacramento...if they must say west. St. Louis?

I might...but I hope not. Why would the Chargers want to move to LA to be second class citizens to the Rams. Its BS. If they really HAVE to move out of SD, then go somewhere else. San Antonio, Portland, Sacramento...if they must say west. St. Louis?

Because they've already been approved to move to LA and SD will NEVER get a new stadium built in SD. The team value will at least double with a move to LA. The announcement will come this week most likely and by the January 15th deadline for sure. Only thing that stops them now is Kronke (Rams owner) paying to keep the Chargers in SD and keeping the LA market for himself.

Because they've already been approved to move to LA and SD will NEVER get a new stadium built in SD. The team value will at least double with a move to LA. The announcement will come this week most likely and by the January 15th deadline for sure. Only thing that stops them now is Kronke (Rams owner) paying to keep the Chargers in SD and keeping the LA market for himself.

Well, my opinion of the LA market is that it could give a shit about having any NFL team, so much as having 2. The Rams and Raiders left for a reason....which, yes, was mostly stadium related which is being rectified.

But I don't think LA is NY....which can fully get behind two teams.

Sorry....I just think that a smaller market will be more fully behind a team like that.

And Jesus, its not like smaller markets can't support an NFL team.....see Green Bay, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cincy, Cleveland., Charlotte etc. etc.

Well, my opinion of the LA market is that it could give a shit about having any NFL team, so much as having 2. The Rams and Raiders left for a reason....which, yes, was mostly stadium related which is being rectified.

But I don't think LA is NY....which can fully get behind two teams.

Sorry....I just think that a smaller market will be more fully behind a team like that.

And Jesus, its not like smaller markets can't support an NFL team.....see Green Bay, Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Cincy, Cleveland., Charlotte etc. etc.

Only if you can find a smaller market willing to pony up around $500 million (at least) to help pay for the costs of the new stadium. Where would they play in the meantime in any of those citites other than San Antonio?

I don't disagree on LA but the league wants two teams there and they at least have a new stadium being built.

Only if you can find a smaller market willing to pony up around $500 million (at least) to help pay for the costs of the new stadium. Where would they play in the meantime in any of those citites other than San Antonio?

I don't disagree on LA but the league wants two teams there and they at least have a new stadium being built.

St. Louis has a perfectly functioning dome stadium that is only about 20 years old, no?

San Antonio has the Alamodome.

Consider Toronto?

So, they did take a home game away from the Browns to play in London? Still no date on that game?

San Diego road trip late in season could be nice as well.

It's going to be in week 7 or 8. I can't find the link, but I read it recently.

St. Louis has a perfectly functioning dome stadium that is only about 20 years old, no?

Consider Toronto?

I said other than San Antonio. A 20 year old dome that has been sitting empty for a year in St. Louis? Doubt a team wants to go there and be right back at the beginning of trying to get a new stadium in a few years.

Other thing that has to be considered. The Spanos family is from California, maybe they're ok being the tenant in LA rather than having to live somewhere else.

I said other than San Antonio. A 20 year old dome that has been sitting empty for a year in St. Louis? Doubt a team wants to go there and be right back at the beginning of trying to get a new stadium in a few years.

Other thing that has to be considered. The Spanos family is from California, maybe they're ok being the tenant in LA rather than having to live somewhere else.

No, I am not doubting that if they move it will be up the coast to LA. I just wish it were not that way. Though, I don't think it would take a lot to spruce up the dome in St. L....to make it functional while a new stadium would be built.

The guy that we have to thank for all this fucked up moving around is Donald Trump. Had he not fucked up/blown up the USFL then this whole musical chair situation would not have happened. Cards would never have left St. L (because Arizona Wranglers would have been in the league. No "Browns move" to Baltimore...Stars would be in league. etc. etc.). I do not expect him to perform any better in his forthcoming position.

CLEVELAND BROWNS Home: Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, Jacksonville Jaguars, Tennessee Titans, Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings (in London), New York Jets Away: Cincinnati Bengals, Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, Indianapolis Colts, Houston Texans, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, San Diego Chargers

Read more at: http://nesn.com/2017/01/2017-nfl-opponents-all-32-teams-home-and-away-games-for-next-season/

I'd like to go to Chicago, So Cal and London.

And maybe return the favor and visit Tour in Houston.

Zombo

oh no...

I'm out of town the weekend the Browns are playing the LA Chargers.

No you're not.

Your wife already invited me.

Said there was a spare room for me.

Zombo

Looks like an easy schedule next year. Only like 2 teams outside our division that look like tough wins...

No you're not.

Your wife already invited me.

Said there was a spare room for me.

Zombo

Sure...only 80 miles from the Coliseum or 90 miles from Qualcomm in San Diego, if by some miracle they're still there.

Zombo

I have the top 3 on my bucket list of trips to take. And I have another that would take me near enough that a side trip to Houston would not be out of the question. (New Orleans/Lafayette La. area) (though I was just in Houston a week ago today). Though, my wife has designs on seeing Chicago....and it would be quite a hornet's nest to go to London without her. A bit of a dilemma for me. SoCal and Houston less so. If I went to SoCal I would be making a road trip up to the Big Sur Coast, then back down to the desert via Bakersfield.

Keep updates on plans.

Zombo

Zombo

We are planning for road trips to Chi and Indy. Fly into Houston to be hosted by the Bulls On McNee. I was requested to extend the Houston invite to your group also just waiting for an actual date.

Consider Toronto?

Kroenke moved because he's a Grade A a-hole. Actually worse than Modell if you think about it. He's from Misouri, and was named after Stan Musial. If the Rams suck for the next 20 years it will serve him right. I've been to the dome in St. Louis several times, it's not bad, but 20 years old is ancient in current stadium owner demands. (You've probably already seen they're doing an upgrade on the Q in Cleveland- and MHO is there's nothing wrong with it either. ) Back to St. Louis- the city & state had plans to build a new stadium for the Rams with financing in place. Stan the carpetbagger flipped 'em the bird and got out of town anyway. The local populace is so POed about the Rams pulling out it's unlikely they'd go out of their way to recruit another team to play there. Lord knows the metro area is big enough- but they've already lost two teams.

Zombo

We are planning for road trips to Chi and Indy. Fly into Houston to be hosted by the Bulls On McNee. I was requested to extend the Houston invite to your group also just waiting for an actual date.

Chicago is a fun town- haven't been there in many years though. Indy is a shorter road trip for me than Cleveland, 110 as opposed to 220 miles. Z, Lucas Oil is a great venue. May well fly down to Houston to hook up with Tour.

Yeah...because driving 80 miles with drunk Zombo after the game sounds so amazingly appealing.

That is why they make back seats in cars. Throw him in the back....or in the trunk. And, you never know, if things fall right I might even be along for the ride.

I would love to be in on the Houston game, but knowing my luck it will be somewhere during Oct 11-24 when we will be in Spain.

I really don't know why the league delays putting out the next year's schedule for so long. What is it? Mid April. They know who is playing who right now. I guess the big thing is figuring out who is going to play on Thursday's and on Monday's. Still, they could get all that done within a week or two after the Super Bowl.

Though, correct me if I am wrong....that week 7 or 8 when they plan the London game would be about in the time you are talking about no? I think week 7 would fall on October 22, and week 8 on Oct. 29th. (assuming they are played on a Sunday) Hell, maybe you can fit the London game into your travel schedule. Shorten or extend your Spain trip to go.

I really don't know why the league delays putting out the next year's schedule for so long. What is it? Mid April. They know who is playing who right now. I guess the big thing is figuring out who is going to play on Thursday's and on Monday's. Still, they could get all that done within a week or two after the Super Bowl.

Though, correct me if I am wrong....that week 7 or 8 when they plan the London game would be about in the time you are talking about no? I think week 7 would fall on October 22, and week 8 on Oct. 29th. (assuming they are played on a Sunday) Hell, maybe you can fit the London game into your travel schedule. Shorten or extend your Spain trip to go.

Tickets already bought to coordinate with my brother & wife and wife's sister and her husband. Those cheap non-refundable, set in stone kind of tickets with reservations made for various paradores around the country. Should be a great trip.

Houston is a slam dunk here...

Still aiming at London for the "home" trip, but date will have to be "friendly".

I might consider Houston or SoCal to go along with my regular fall trip that I take. I would love to do London, but just not sure if I could pull that one off.

Archived