THE BROWNS BOARD

Vetting process

Westside Steve

So yesterday just half watching the local news there was a segment about a large group of Somalians who had been brought to the United States as refugees.

I would imagine that under anyone's definition Somalia would most certainly count as a third-world shithole. The thing that struck me about the story, a human interest piece assumedly meant to warm the heart hello was the idea that each of them was assigned January 1st as their birthday. January 1st besides the fact that this was the day they were all brought to some Suburban town? Because, the story said, the documentatin was so sketchy that they had no idea when or exactly where they were born. Assuming that this is the depth of the vetting process I think that gives us is reason for concern.

WSS

So yesterday just half watching the local news there was a segment about a large group of Somalians who had been brought to the United States as refugees.

I would imagine that under anyone's definition Somalia would most certainly count as a third-world shithole. The thing that struck me about the story, a human interest piece assumedly meant to warm the heart hello was the idea that each of them was assigned January 1st as their birthday. January 1st besides the fact that this was the day they were all brought to some Suburban town? Because, the story said, the documentatin was so sketchy that they had no idea when or exactly where they were born. Assuming that this is the depth of the vetting process I think that gives us is reason for concern.

WSS

Stop being a meanie. Every one of those people is coming over here to be a productive member of society and will in no way be criminals or affiliated with a terror organization. We promise.

In WV we are dealing with that right now but it is with Syrians. They are moving 100 Syrian refugees to Charleston, WV but have had the same issue of knowing jack shit about them. What could possibly go wrong?

I heard on the news this morning there were Syrian refugees brought to Toledo, their words "Our fear of refugees seems to fade when we see their faces", or something to that affect. Because they're desolate, sad, and fearful, I suppose. It would be a horrible ordeal, but with what they've been through, we don't know what we're getting. I'm not a judgmental person, but these refugees have lived in a world that we can only imagine and they just don't think like us. One can only hope they are here for the right reasons.

I heard on the news this morning there were Syrian refugees brought to Toledo, their words "Our fear of refugees seems to fade when we see their faces", or something to that affect. Because they're desolate, sad, and fearful, I suppose. It would be a horrible ordeal, but with what they've been through, we don't know what we're getting. I'm not a judgmental person, but these refugees have lived in a world that we can only imagine and they just don't think like us. One can only hope they are here for the right reasons.

Exactly Gidget. I can't believe that all of these refugees are horrible people or 'terrorists'. It boggles the mind.

In the times we are living anyone coming to our country needs to be thoroughly vetted. If not we are asking for trouble. The Obama administration has been lying all along about the refugees being thoroughly vetted. They haven't been. The first requirement for any Muslim wanting to come here should be a renouncement of Sharia law. Sharia law and our constitution are not compatible.

Archived