THE BROWNS BOARD

Jimmy's Letter to the Season ticket holders

hoorta

See, why wouldnt you have said this 10 replies ago? I literally said that the stuff you're mentioning is tangible actions we can take as fans. I literally said we can only effect the team with our wallets. We are agreeing with each other and I cant for the life of me understand why you wouldnt read what I wrote and said this to start.

I dont buy browns stuff ever anymore. I wouldnt buy tickets for free. We are on the same page there. But other than that its just out of our hands.

I did. In the initial post that you decided to puff out your chest at, i wrote, "And some wondered why I took a hiatus away from anything to do with this team..."

I just went back and re-read my comments. I don't see anything in that entire reply that would cause you to string this thing out all night.

I started off with, "I don't know how any team can win when the projection is not too." .... I stand by that statement. Hell take three years off or play the games in front of free admission if you know that you are not going to win. Play at Byers Field in Parma and lets use the big house to bet on live dog races.

I also wrote, "This has become a loser franchise and we are loser fans if you accept that bullshit" ... Three year plans so far have turned into three year plans, followed by a three year plan, followed by a three year plan, followed by a three year plan, followed by a three year plan, and now we are heading into year two of a ... drum roll please ... (Everyone together now!) ... a Three Year Plan!
And people are accepting that like it is the first time they have heard of a "THREE YEAR PLAN"! ... although this time it is a bit catchy because it might even be a groovy FOUR YEAR PLAN ... Who's got FIVE?!?! ...Sold to the guy in the dog mask drooling in the first row! But Oh I see, it is different this time also because we stripped the roster talent down to the bare bones, I get it ... I think I read that formula before on the back of a paint can for best use.
sigh, fml.

See, why wouldnt you have said this 10 replies ago? I literally said that the stuff you're mentioning is tangible actions we can take as fans. I literally said we can only effect the team with our wallets. We are agreeing with each other and I cant for the life of me understand why you wouldnt read what I wrote and said this to start.

I dont buy browns stuff ever anymore. I wouldnt buy tickets for free. We are on the same page there. But other than that its just out of our hands.

Here's the thing JRB, we fans have very few outlets....which you have clearly pointed out......and, since we dont have quality football or a quality team to discuss, our only outlet is to discuss player moves, the draft, the constant rotation of coaches and staff, etc......which, to some of us, seem to suck everytime......why?.....cause thats all they've given us to discuss....

Now, you seem really bothered that some of us are unhappy and want to voice our displeasure....which(again) is all we have and our only outlet.....and you want to post how you dont like our posts.....which, again, is all we have......

I also was a season ticket holder(for 24 years, actually) and sold mine too.....we've done the "tangible" and now have nothing but frustration to show for it....why not just let us fans do our thing and post our opinions, w/o bitching at us for having feelings??? Where are we supposed to go to voice those opinions, other than here....the Browns Board......

How shitty would this place be if we all agreed and all just sat on our hands,,,,in a big kum by ya circle jerk???.....waiting for ANOTHER multi year plan and saying yessir, we're gonna great....someday.....

That would suck worse than the Browns do......

There are a few of you guys who spend an awful lot of time tearing down other peoples opinions, instead of just posting yours.....we all have one......all have a right to post it......and some of us, who have been at this for decades have earned the right to say it like it is, without some snot nosed kid trying to tell us what to say, how to say it and that we dont know football or the Browns......(not saying you're a snot nosed kid, but you might be......)

In life....when bad shit happens....many of us fight back, say what we dont like, voice our displeasure, etc.....thats how it goes....

And, on the Browns Board.....nothing else to discuss....

Give me enough TANGIBLE growth or positive moves and Ill be the first to be elated.....but, the last 20 years with the Browns, the bad is over powering the good and thats what we're gonna discuss.....

Here's the thing JRB, we fans have very few outlets....which you have clearly pointed out......and, since we dont have quality football or a quality team to discuss, our only outlet is to discuss player moves, the draft, the constant rotation of coaches and staff, etc......which, to some of us, seem to suck everytime......why?.....cause thats all they've given us to discuss....

Now, you seem really bothered that some of us are unhappy and want to voice our displeasure....which(again) is all we have and our only outlet.....and you want to post how you dont like our posts.....which, again, is all we have......

I also was a season ticket holder(for 24 years, actually) and sold mine too.....we've done the "tangible" and now have nothing but frustration to show for it....why not just let us fans do our thing and post our opinions, w/o bitching at us for having feelings??? Where are we supposed to go to voice those opinions, other than here....the Browns Board......

How shitty would this place be if we all agreed and all just sat on our hands,,,,in a big kum by ya circle jerk???.....waiting for ANOTHER multi year plan and saying yessir, we're gonna great....someday.....

That would suck worse than the Browns do......

There are a few of you guys who spend an awful lot of time tearing down other peoples opinions, instead of just posting yours.....we all have one......all have a right to post it......and some of us, who have been at this for decades have earned the right to say it like it is, without some snot nosed kid trying to tell us what to say, how to say it and that we dont know football or the Browns......(not saying you're a snot nosed kid, but you might be......)

In life....when bad shit happens....many of us fight back, say what we dont like, voice our displeasure, etc.....thats how it goes....

And, on the Browns Board.....nothing else to discuss....

Give me enough TANGIBLE growth or positive moves and Ill be the first to be elated.....but, the last 20 years with the Browns, the bad is over powering the good and thats what we're gonna discuss.....

Right, and trust me man I get that- I mean that's why I write on these forums too. We often don't agree with us each other but as I noted in my first post the thread the only option we have as fans to voice frustration is to do what you both did and stop paying this organization for failure.

My point in all of this though is that outside of dropping the Browns all together what else can we do? To be honest, I used to let the Browns "get to me". It used to honest to goodness bring my mood down to bad levels. Last year during the Manziel nightmare I sat there and realized I was letting a bunch of adults throwing a ball around that I had no control over dictate my whole day. All I'm trying to say here is that I get it, bitch and moan all you want but outside of the almighty dollar there's nothing we can do to steer this shitstorm that has been the Browns for the better part of a decade. It's not about accepting losing, it's realizing there's little to nothing we as fans can do to control the outcome of the field (outside of cheering loudly). So it comes down to the fact that you are a fan of a team and you root for them, or you say enough is enough and go to a new team or a new outlet. Frankly, while I don't think I ever would go that route I sure as shit understand why people would.

Took some balls to write that letter. I like it. If only Hue would adopt atenear's genius football plan of kicking a trash can, we'd be in the Super Bowl next year.

Truth is, we'll win 6 next year. Fans will want everyone run out on a rail even though 10 wins and playoffs will be a very feasible next step.

Took some balls to write that letter. I like it. If only Hue would adopt atenear's genius football plan of kicking a trash can, we'd be in the Super Bowl next year.

Truth is, we'll win 6 next year. Fans will want everyone run out on a rail even though 10 wins and playoffs will be a very feasible next step.

Stupid me ... any REAL fan knows that a 1-15 season leads to a 6-10 season and into a 13-3 season ... all you have to do is have a three year plan! ... I must have missed the day they taught that in football practice as a youth, although I did see the movie ...

keep-calm-and-follow-the-yellow-brick-ro

Right, and trust me man I get that- I mean that's why I write on these forums too. We often don't agree with us each other but as I noted in my first post the thread the only option we have as fans to voice frustration is to do what you both did and stop paying this organization for failure.

My point in all of this though is that outside of dropping the Browns all together what else can we do? To be honest, I used to let the Browns "get to me". It used to honest to goodness bring my mood down to bad levels. Last year during the Manziel nightmare I sat there and realized I was letting a bunch of adults throwing a ball around that I had no control over dictate my whole day. All I'm trying to say here is that I get it, bitch and moan all you want but outside of the almighty dollar there's nothing we can do to steer this shitstorm that has been the Browns for the better part of a decade. It's not about accepting losing, it's realizing there's little to nothing we as fans can do to control the outcome of the field (outside of cheering loudly). So it comes down to the fact that you are a fan of a team and you root for them, or you say enough is enough and go to a new team or a new outlet. Frankly, while I don't think I ever would go that route I sure as shit understand why people would.

Don't lie ... they still do, it is just that now you let out that deep laugh that comes from somewhere between your heart and hell.

Tampa Bay went 2-14 in 2014, drafted a QB, went 6-10 as part of a rebuild plan and went 9-7 this year and just barely missed the playoffs. You're telling me if that's what happens to the Browns you'd be boo hoo about it? It's almost like there's evidence having such a plan works!

Don't lie ... they still do, it is just that now you let out that deep laugh that comes from somewhere between your heart and hell.

Sure a little, but WAYYY less. I simply tune to another game or do something else instead if it's obvious the Browns are shitting the bed (which is a lot). 24 year me would NEVER have done that, but now I really don't care.

Tampa Bay went 2-14 in 2014, drafted a QB, went 6-10 as part of a rebuild plan and went 9-7 this year and just barely missed the playoffs. You're telling me if that's what happens to the Browns you'd be boo hoo about it? It's almost like there's evidence having such a plan works!

Wrong!

Tampa Bay went 2-14 in 2014. then 6-10 in 2015 ... the FIRED THEIR HEAD COACH and went 9-7 in the first year with Dirk Koetter.

Three year plan ... BOOM!

Wrong!

Tampa Bay went 2-14 in 2014. then 6-10 in 2015 ... the FIRED THEIR HEAD COACH and went 9-7 in the first year with Dirk Koetter.

Ditto for the Miami Dolphins who turned a 6-10 squad in its 4th season of rebuilding under Philbin to a 10-6 team in the first season under Adam Gase

Tennessee Titans from 3-13 after two seasons of rebuilding under Whisenhunt (2-14 & 1-6), improve to 9-7 under the first full season with Mike Mularkey.

NY Giants improved from 6-10 on the tail-end of a stale Tom Coughlin's rein to 11-6 in the first year under Ben McAdoo

Wrong!

Whose to say firing the coach wasn't part of the three-year plan? We're talking about organizational, front office changes which includes firing coaches and players. Also, Dirk was the OC for the Bucs before he got upgraded to the HC job. If the back-up QB comes in as part of the plan, does not that apply either? Come on now, stop grasping at straws. There's plenty of empirical evidence that teams follow multi-year plans to become successful. It's just that the Browns have been awful at it.

Stop accepting losing. Stop talking about gay three-year+ plans. Stop harming pets.

We all don't accept losing. But, honestly, what can we do about it?

I guess I could dress up as a homeless guy, and stalk Jimmy Haslam, and beg for him to "draft Mitch".

Hey....what a good idea!! :lol:

We all don't accept losing. But, honestly, what can we do about it?

I guess I could dress up as a homeless guy, and stalk Jimmy Haslam, and beg for him to "draft Mitch".

Hey....what a good idea!! :lol:

I'd station myself further down the street with, "Remember Manziel? Draft Garrett orAllen!" :P

Whose to say firing the coach wasn't part of the three-year plan? We're talking about organizational, front office changes which includes firing coaches and players. Also, Dirk was the OC for the Bucs before he got upgraded to the HC job. If the back-up QB comes in as part of the plan, does not that apply either? Come on now, stop grasping at straws. There's plenty of empirical evidence that teams follow multi-year plans to become successful. It's just that the Browns have been awful at it.

C'mon man. You win ... I give up.

Bottomline: A Good Coach can take can take his'n and beat your'n, and then he can turn around and take your'n and beat his'n.

oh jesus christ we've got people now saying they expect us to be in the playoffs next year. FFS people can you please stop this? it'll take next year o possibly the year after to know what "LAST" years prospects will end up being. We'll be ecstatic to be 500

Three to four impact or solid players is what we need.

A franchise QB, a killer edge rusher. A shutdown defensive back...and a solid OL, hopefully center. That, and the talent we have on hand should make the Browns highly competitive.

Now, yes, that is a lot....and the Browns can't be drafting the Brady Quinn/Weeden/JFF type QBs or draft the Cam Erving type OL, or the Justin Gilbert like DBs like we have in the past.

But it could be done.

I'd station myself further down the street with, "Remember Manziel? Draft Garrett orAllen!" :P

Well, imo, those guys may in fact be no better than Ogbah or Nassib. Nor may they be any better than Barnett or Williams who we could bet at #12.

Point is....the Browns have many more viable options to obtain an edge rusher than they do to obtain an franchise QB.

Use your top commodity on your top need and the most vital position. Use your next best commodity on the position that you need shoring up. My opinion is that, though we do need a killer edge rusher, we are still better off at that position ...with Ogbah, Nassib, Orchard, Collins, than we are at QB.

(though....actually, our second necessary position that needs help is probably DB rather than that rusher)

So all your one year examples culminate in this year (a good year for all of them)? How convenient. We can revisit next year when some of those teams fall off.

Also, if we fired Hue after 2017 and kept the FO the same, and a new coach wins 10 games, that does not at all mean Hue wouldn't have won just as much if given the opportunity, nor that the shiny new 10-winner wouldn't have struggled just the same as Hue.

Archived