THE BROWNS BOARD

Corey Coleman possible assault

darren15

I almost vomited when I saw the headline a few minutes ago. Please Jesus...please let this be complete crap. If what Coleman says is true, and he wasn't there, then it's time to throw that woman in jail for as long as legally possible. You don't mess with a person's life.

Wait a second, so neither the victim or the witness was able to provide a statement to the police? The victim couldn't identify any of the four people that beat him up? The incident occurred at 3am on 12/31, and Corey Coleman traveled with the Browns to Pittsburgh on 12/31? I seriously doubt Coleman was up at 3am the same day he was playing his last game of the season. The bus probably left Cleveland around 7am, right?

No he's not:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/01/corey_coleman_police_report_de.html

"A source told cleveland.com that Cleveland Police are in possession of a 30-45 second video that shows Coleman was not involved in the fight.

At this time, Coleman is not listed as a suspect, but police must still interview witnesses and study the tape, according to police spokesperson Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia."

Still goes in the category of stupid though.

I hope he was nowhere near the situation. I remember the Manziel posse fight a few years ago and the optics are bad. I just wish the culture of the Cleveland Browns would go back to that blue-collar, quiet toughness of the 1980s.

You mean when all shit attached to football players everywhere got swept under the rug? :P

No he's not:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/01/corey_coleman_police_report_de.html

"A source told cleveland.com that Cleveland Police are in possession of a 30-45 second video that shows Coleman was not involved in the fight.

At this time, Coleman is not listed as a suspect, but police must still interview witnesses and study the tape, according to police spokesperson Sgt. Jennifer Ciaccia."

Still goes in the category of stupid though.

How would it be stupid if the chick made the whole story up? Coleman doesn't have a Pac-Man Jones history. Now that's stupid.

How would it be stupid if the chick made the whole story up? Coleman doesn't have a Pac-Man Jones history. Now that's stupid.

I'm sure you've heard that famous expression of nothing good happens past 2 a.m. right? Even if the guy wasn't there, it does seem clear these guys who did are folks he associates with. Corey better realize quick that associating with folks who beat people up in elevators at 2:30 a.m. aren't the friends you should be hanging out with.

I think I saw a statement which indicated Coleman wasn't there, but I'm not sure. I would THINK that if the police knew he wasn't there, they would've already released a statement to the team. Lord I hope this goes away. This is the one thing we really don't need right now.

Here's the best article I can find about the incident. In it, an individual with "someone he trusts within the police department", told him that the video clearly shows Coleman was NOT involved, and the police should not need to contact him.

Here's to hoping...

Archived