THE BROWNS BOARD

Pep Hamilton Leaves

DKAllDay

Agree... these are not Haslam's moves, so his words don't apply. Hue's on the other hand... well... we now know he has the "vote-of-confidence" ploy down pat...

Well, they just fired Hal Hunter too......scapegoat IICounting the dominis

as well as, 5 defensive coaches(which was expected)....

So....this amazing new coaching staff is pretty much dismantled after year one.....OC - DC - OL - OLB - ILB - DB - CB coaches all gone....

Counting all the individual dominoes that follow a coordinator change is cheating a bit.

Hunter was a bit of a surprise, but it's inarguable that our OL failed to play well as a unit. I'll reserve judgement on this move until see who replaces him.

If we play the WCO here next year im taking the year off. We have two good RB's and a deep play action threat in Pryor. The wco can lick my asshole.

Roman pounded the ball constantly in San Fran and Buffalo. I wouldn't be too concerned.

Combo reply...

While the WCO does come in many forms, but it tends to bring the ZBS with it. Our OL is not a good candidate unit for the ZBS.

While neither the scheme or the ZBS fully deserves the pussified take many ascribe to it, it's not the pound and ground attack Hue espoused in 2016. And is not a compliment to our incoming DC's style.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roman's a WCO guy so I don't see the fit with us personally. OC'd it at SF before his abbreviated stint with the Bills.

Jim Donovan just reported that Roman is going to the Ravens and said another guy we wanted to talk to(cant remember who tho) was just signed with the Bills as a DB coach.....so, maybe it was one of Williams' guys?

But....thats 2....already....who dont even want to take the interview.....

As expected....not boding well for Hue to score top notch coaches......

Jim Donovan just reported that Roman is going to the Ravens and said another guy we wanted to talk to(cant remember who tho) was just signed with the Bills as a DB coach.....so, maybe it was one of Williams' guys?

But....thats 2....already....who dont even want to take the interview.....

I really don't see Flacco as a WCO QB.

Im no expert on Roman or his system.....but what Ive read this week says he favors a power running game and havent really seen him listed as being married to WCO or any other specific system......and THAT sounds like a Baltiwhore type football plan to me......

Im no expert on Roman or his system.....but what Ive read this week says he favors a power running game and havent really seen him listed as being married to WCO or any other specific system......and THAT sounds like a Baltiwhore type football plan to me......

Let's hope that whatever it is, it doesn't work. Fuck them. (ooh, sorry, I cursed....does that upset you as well).

Well... it is a very attractive job...

It's PFR's listing of the teams' offense everywhere Roman OC'd...

While the WCO does come in many forms, but it tends to bring the ZBS with it. Our OL is not a good candidate unit for the ZBS.

While neither the scheme or the ZBS fully deserves the pussified take many ascribe to it, it's not the pound and ground attack Hue espoused in 2016. And is not a compliment to our incoming DC's style.

1000x yes. The zbs is another non corporeal concept that can also eat my whole ass.

Rumors for Michigan's OC heading to WMU to be HC. We would be looking at Roman potentially as a replacement. Maybe.

Is this post from two weeks ago?

Pep Hamilton to Michigan, Roman to Baltimore.

Zombo

It's the FO making these changes. or is the fact that ALL the changes made thus far are coaching changes escaped everyone

While I doubt the FO is fighting the changes, I'm as sure as I can be that they are not "making them".

Unless you have newer, better sources, then it looks to me like Pep left and was not forced out.

And, again, the number of changes looks worse than it is because of the DC change. Coord's are going to bring their guys if they can... especially when their style differs as much from their predecessor's as Gregg's does from Ray's.

The loss of a coordinator has no real impact. A team is run by the head coach.

Let's take a look at the definition of "assistant".

1. a person who assists or gives aid and support; helper. 2. a person who is subordinate to another in rank, function, etc.; one holding a secondary rank in an office or post: He was assistant to the office manager.

Let me ask you something, What the fuck exactly do you dumbfucks think a head coach does? Seriously? If the offense is run by the OC and the defense is run by the DC.............why does a team even need a head coach?

Look, dumb shits, a coordinator only fetches coffee. Nothing more, An assistant doesn't think, scheme, plan or any fucking thing else. And assisstant is just that.......a fucking assistant. He is NOT the Head Coach of his unit.

All an assistant does is develops the plays and schemes the head coach tells him to develop. The assistant is given a plan from the HC, and based on what situations arise, he calls the scheme or play EXACTLY the way fucking way he was told to call it. Unless Hue changes the defense, no coordinator has the authority to do it. ASSISTANTS do not create company policy.

In a lot of your posts there are some diamonds hiding in the turd. This isn't one of them. The assertion that an actual OC does nothing more than "fetch coffee" is asinine. Certainly the level of stroke they have varies from team to team but its an important role. Now I will agree on the point relevant to the Browns OC because he's not really an OC in anything other than title. I'm not sure exactly what Pep's duties were. Honestly I'd like us to bring back Flip as the "OC / Asst HC. His real job would be QB coach.

While I doubt the FO is fighting the changes, I'm as sure as I can be that they are not "making them".

Unless you have newer, better sources, then it looks to me like Pep left and was not forced out.

And, again, the number of changes looks worse than it is because of the DC change. Coord's are going to bring their guys if they can... especially when their style differs as much from their predecessor's as Gregg's does from Ray's.

Exactly, Pep could have left on his own. Doesn't mean he was forced out.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived