THE BROWNS BOARD

Fact or Fiction

The Gipper

Here is some fact or fiction. You say what you believe...and perhaps why:

1. The Green Bay Packers will beat the Dallas Cowboys

2. The New England Patriots will beat the Houston Texans

3. The Atlanta Falcons will beat the Seattle Seahawks

4. The Kansas City Chiefs will beat the Pittsburgh Steelers

5. The 2000s New England Patriots dynasty is greater than the 1970s Pittsburgh Steelers dynasty.

6. The Quarterback Class of 1949 rivals that of the QB classes of 1983 and 2004. (Three HOFers..Van Brocklin, Blanda, Finks plus several NFL and AFL titles)

7. Alabama and Clemson will both be back in the CFP next year.

8. RGIII will be the Browns starting QB on opening day next year.

9. The Cavs and Indians will both make return trips to NBA Finals and World Series.

10. The Browns will draft a QB with the #1 overall pick.

Fiction

Fact

Fiction

Fact

5. The 2000s New England Patriots dynasty is greater than the 1970s Pittsburgh Steelers dynasty.

Fact

6. The Quarterback Class of 1949 rivals that of the QB classes of 1983 and 2004. (Three HOFers..Van Brocklin, Blanda, Finks plus several NFL and AFL titles)

Fact

Fiction

Probably fiction...too early to call

9. The Cavs and Indians will both make return trips to NBA Finals and World Series.

Baseball is too hard to call, cavs for sure though

Leaning towards fiction, but also too early to tell

1. The Green Bay Packers will beat the Dallas Cowboys...Fiction

2. The New England Patriots will beat the Houston Texans...Fact

3. The Atlanta Falcons will beat the Seattle Seahawks...Fact (a total hunch)

4. The Kansas City Chiefs will beat the Pittsburgh Steelers...Fiction

5. The 2000s New England Patriots dynasty is greater than the 1970s Pittsburgh Steelers dynasty....Fact

6. The Quarterback Class of 1949 rivals that of the QB classes of 1983 and 2004. (Three HOFers..Van Brocklin, Blanda, Finks plus several NFL and AFL titles)...Fiction

7. Alabama and Clemson will both be back in the CFP next year...Fiction

8. RGIII will be the Browns starting QB on opening day next year...Fiction

9. The Cavs and Indians will both make return trips to NBA Finals and World Series...Fiction, but hope I'm wrong

10. The Browns will draft a QB with the #1 overall pick...Fact..Trubisky

Mike

Fiction... the 'Boys ground attack will be the determining factor.

Fact... Bill B. eats young QBs for lunch. HOU D will acquit themselves well, but ultimately fail.

Fact... too much balance, too strong of an attack in an unfriendly dome.

Fact-ish...

Fiction... primarily it's a question of consistency. The '70 Steelers did it the same way, with the same key pieces in place throughout. Their assemblage of talent remains unparalleled.

For the Pats it's been Bill and Tom and a revolving door.

Fiction...

Fiction... simply due to the odds alone.

Fact... RG's late season showing combined with the prospect of a raw rookie in training as his likely competition cast the die.

Fact... and why not? How can the Indians be more injury plagued than they were in 2016? The 2017 Cavs' squad is discernibly better than the 2016 Champs.

Fiction... it's just not in the cards. I wish there was an elite QB prospect to take at #1 overall, but alas... it turns out timing is everything.

1. The Green Bay Packers will beat the Dallas Cowboys fiction

2. The New England Patriots will beat the Houston Texans fact

3. The Atlanta Falcons will beat the Seattle Seahawks fact

4. The Kansas City Chiefs will beat the Pittsburgh Steelers fiction (hate to say that)

5. The 2000s New England Patriots dynasty is greater than the 1970s Pittsburgh Steelers dynasty. fiction

6. The Quarterback Class of 1949 rivals that of the QB classes of 1983 and 2004. (Three HOFers..Van Brocklin, Blanda, Finks plus several NFL and AFL titles) fact

7. Alabama and Clemson will both be back in the CFP next year. fiction

8. RGIII will be the Browns starting QB on opening day next year. fiction (please!)

9. The Cavs and Indians will both make return trips to NBA Finals and World Series. fact (homer take)

10. The Browns will draft a QB with the #1 overall pick. pseudo-fact lol 22-1 odds I suppose

1. The Green Bay Packers will beat the Dallas Cowboys YES

2. The New England Patriots will beat the Houston Texans YES, BUT NOT BY MUCH

3. The Atlanta Falcons will beat the Seattle Seahawks NOPE

4. The Kansas City Chiefs will beat the Pittsburgh Steelers YEP

5. The 2000s New England Patriots dynasty is greater than the 1970s Pittsburgh Steelers dynasty. NOPE

6. The Quarterback Class of 1949 rivals that of the QB classes of 1983 and 2004. (Three HOFers..Van Brocklin, Blanda, Finks plus several NFL and AFL titles) NOPE

7. Alabama and Clemson will both be back in the CFP next year. NOPE

8. RGIII will be the Browns starting QB on opening day next year. NOPE

9. The Cavs and Indians will both make return trips to NBA Finals and World Series. YEP

10. The Browns will draft a QB with the #1 overall pick. NOPE

My own answers:

Fact...reason: Aaron Rodgers

Fact: Reason: Tom Brady, to begin with

I say fact: reason: Home field, mainly. If the game were in Seattle I would choose the Seahawks.

Fact: reason: Steelers defense is pedestrian, Chiefs is not. They will bottle up Bell.

Fact. more or less. Reason: Longer sustained success. Same # of titles, but Pats have had more title game appearances.

While, no, the plethora of the same players in place is not the same as the Steelers, I think that actually may make it a bit more impressive. The dynasty is sustained despite the great turnover in personell.

Fact....ish. This class had both Van Brocklin and Blanda both win multiple titles. I think it comes close to the 2004 class. People just don't remember this group.

Fiction. It was hard enough for both to repeat this time around. There could be stiffer competition next year...primarily within these teams own conference...especially the ACC.

Fact. Hue will back his boy. (but I don't think he finishes the year)

I say Fact....and why not. No great competition for the Cavs in the east. And the Indians got stronger at the bat with Encarnacion...and will have a couple of key starters back...and hopefully healthy. Biggest competition is Red Sox who have a tough starting pitching crew.

Fact. I think there would likely be a big push from the owner to get things done with the QB position.

You can bemoan all you want about how you may think there are better prospects out there than what is available at QB.

But, let me just emphasize one word: Quarterback. Perhaps the most important position in any of the team sports. (arguably you have the starting pitcher and a hockey goalie...

#5, regarding the Steelers vs Patriots..

The 70s to me stand out as just a great era. Miami, Oakland, Pittsburgh..all led by great coaches. Denver & Houston had some moments later in the decade.Even the Browns were good in 1971 & 1972, and really should have beat Miami in Miami (5 Phipps interceptions and a blocked punt, Browns lost 20-14).

The Patriots have a cloud over them (to me, anyway). Video spying for one, and one of the worst calls in NFL history went their way with the "tuck rule." While I do give Belichick a ton of credit for winning with high turnover, to me it's not as impressive as 70s football.

As much as I hate the Steelers, they had to go through Madden, Shula, & Bum Phillips generally. Tough task right there.

#5, regarding the Steelers vs Patriots..

The 70s to me stand out as just a great era. Miami, Oakland, Pittsburgh..all led by great coaches. Denver & Houston had some moments later in the decade.Even the Browns were good in 1971 & 1972, and really should have beat Miami in Miami (5 Phipps interceptions and a blocked punt, Browns lost 20-14).

The Patriots have a cloud over them (to me, anyway). Video spying for one, and one of the worst calls in NFL history went their way with the "tuck rule." While I do give Belichick a ton of credit for winning with high turnover, to me it's not as impressive as 70s football.

As much as I hate the Steelers, they had to go through Madden, Shula, & Bum Phillips generally. Tough task right there.

70s Steelers have some of the same taint.....as the progenitors of the mass use of steroids.

And the 60s Packers had a lot of the same hurdles...and did better actually.

Fiction....I know the upset is expected, just not seeing it ......Zeke runs wild and wins....

Fact.....of course they'll win...they usually do....

Fact.....the Squeakawks are done

Fact.....Stools eat dogshit and smile....

Fact.....it's not even close.....Pats have been great for 15 years now,,,,,best everrrr

Wha???......who the fuck knows???.....1949??!!??......most of us weren't alive to see these guys, so how can we rate them?

Fiction.....nope....not again

Fact....you all can thank our brilliant offensive mind for this one too.....

Fact....why not?.....they should both be better too....

Fiction....they want to keep their jobs, so they will draft a quality player instead of a prayer....

Wha???......who the fuck knows???.....1949??!!??......most of us weren't alive to see these guys, so how can we rate them?

Half the people on this forum were probably not alive in 1983,(were you? yet they attempt to rate that class as well.

Fiction

Fact

Fact

Fiction

Fact

Fiction

Fiction

God I hope fiction

Fiction, tough in MLB

God I hope fiction

DIOTIC HORSESHIT - The Steelers won 4 SB in 6 Years. They beat much tougher teams than NE beat. They beat many Hall Of Famers............The Pats won 3 in 10 years. This is like comparing Phyllis Diller to Jennifer Aniston. Only a fucking dickless Browns fan who is filled with envy for the Steelers, could pick the Patriots fewer wins over shit competition as equal to the Great Chuck Noll.

Just one note: The Pats have the same number of wins. If they won again this year, they would have more.

DIOTIC HORSESHIT - The Steelers won 4 SB in 6 Years. They beat much tougher teams than NE beat. They beat many Hall Of Famers............The Pats won 3 in 10 years. This is like comparing Phyllis Diller to Jennifer Aniston. Only a fucking dickless Browns fan who is filled with envy for the Steelers, could pick the Patriots fewer wins over shit competition as equal to the Great Chuck Noll.

Just one note: The Pats have the same number of wins. If they won again this year, they would have more.

2001 (XXXVI), 2003 (XXXVIII), 2004 (XXXIX), 2014 (XLIX)

They won three SB's in 4 years, four in 14. It's debatable whether to include those 9 winless years as part of their dynasty.

The one thing for certain that separates the Steeler dynasty from all the others, especially New England, is the cast of players.

Those Steelers were the greatest team ever assembled.

You know them.. .Bradshaw, Harris, Webster, Swann, Stallworth, Greene, Lambert, Ham, Blount, plus the non HOF'ers who were pro bowlers. Hard to imagine such a team ever being assembled again.

I cant name a defensive starter for New England.

2001 (XXXVI), 2003 (XXXVIII), 2004 (XXXIX), 2014 (XLIX)

They won three SB's in 4 years, four in 14. It's debatable whether to include those 9 winless years as part of their dynasty.

Except, of course, in those "winless years" they went 18-0 in one before losing, and lost another Super Bowl in a kind of fluky manner and probably appeared in a majority of the AFC title games.

The one thing for certain that separates the Steeler dynasty from all the others, especially New England, is the cast of players.

Those Steelers were the greatest team ever assembled.

You know them.. .Bradshaw, Harris, Webster, Swann, Stallworth, Greene, Lambert, Ham, Blount, plus the non HOF'ers who were pro bowlers. Hard to imagine such a team ever being assembled again.

Except, of course for the 1960s Packers who have more titles, and more Hall of Fame Players, and the 40s/50s Browns who had more titles and just as many HOF players. The "cast of characters" for those two teams is just as impressive.

The Steelers are in the team picture as one of the greatest dynasties. But that IS a group photo. (30s Packers, 40s Bears, 50s Browns, 60s Packers, 70s Steelers, 80s/90s 49ers and Cowboys, Patriots....all stand on the podium)

(as for a group like that being assembled again....likely not. Free agency, salary cap restrictions, changes in the way the sport is run make it unlikely)

I cant name a defensive starter for New England.

Again....that may in fact make it more impressive. The Steeler dynasty lasted half a decade with all the guys you mention. The Pats dynasty has gone a decade and a half with a lot of changes in personnel...except for that coach/QB combo.

The Patriots cheated their way to at least three of their Super Bowls. They should be stripped of them.

Well, you know, that is not going to happen, any more than the Steelers being stripped of titles due to steroid use/abuse.

I mean, even MLB is going the other way. Bonds and Clemens may both be close to making the Hall of Fame in that sport.

Fact. Funny, if it was in Lambeau I'd pick the Boys, because of the running game in January Wisconsin weather, but Jerry's dome will allow ARog to shine.

Fact, no explanation needed.

False. The Seahawks have found a run game and the Seahawks will rattle Ryan early, keeping that explosive offense reeled in.

False. The three B's (bitches) will be shut down......next week in Foxborough.

Fact. Without the roids.

Fiction. 83 by far.

False. I'm going to go with neither. But definitely not Clemson.

False. Pretty much because fans would riot.

Cavs yes, but baseball is so reliant on hot streaks, it's hard to tell who will conjur up some magic this year.

False. It's gonna be Garrett.

Fact ....High Scoring game 34 -30 GB

Fact .... Even if they had RG3 at QB

False ... Seahawks running game with take them down ...24-17

False....Hoping for a KC win but see Squealer win 27- 17

Fact ......Even tho they cheat

Fact

Nahhhhh Buckeyes all the way

Fact ....until the week 3 injury

Cavs yes ....Indians wont get past Toronto in 2017

False .....We will draft Vontae Mack then trade up to get Ray Jennings

False .....We will draft Vontae Mack then trade up to get Ray Jennings

OK, if the Browns were to follow that model....What ILB would be taken #1, and what RB at #12?

(Note: only MLB taken #1 in the history of the draft...since 1970 at least...WAS an Ohio State MLB....just like Mack: Tom Cousineau I wonder if Vontae Mack turned out better?

FACT

FACT

FACT

FACT

FACT

FICTION

FICTION

FICTION

FACT

10. The Browns will draft a QB with the #1 overall pick.FICTION

The Patriots won 3 SBs, the Steelers won 4. We are talking about dynasty categories here. 4 in 6 is more impressive. It took 14 to do what the Steelers did in 6.

The Pats have won 4...DOH!!!

Also, The Pats do not have 6.

The Steelers are the best HGH fueled football franchise in the NFL.

Hey, Fixed it for you. Though I prefer 70s music.. I ain't living in the 70s.

The Steelers are the best football franchise in the NFL.

The Steelers are among the best franchises in the NFL, with Green Bay, Denver, New England, and probably the NY Giants.

Call me bitter, jealous or whatever you want, but I still cannot believe they changed the time of that game in KC....I suspect the Rooneys influenced that decision. The Steelers have a ton of pull in the league office, I hate it.

Archived