THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Trump really reviving the Reform Party?

htownbrown

H. Ross Perot

If you get past the fake racist argument and some awkward personality traits, Trump's policies are almost identical to that of Perot. I guess my question is, if all goes well or better than you thought would you be able to support a Reform Party canidate in the future? Rest assured these policies will never happen within the Republican Party again. You can see the anguish on Paul Ryan's face these days.

I would support a reform party candidate in the future, but Trump is not the guy that'll revive the reform party as he was just elected as a republican and is 70 years old.

Well true, but Ron Paul was old and I would say he woke up some people to reformist ideology. But now you will get to see it in action.

I would also argue that he is a reformist that snuck in the Republican party. Perot even after dropping out got 20% of the vote so I think people just need to see it work to jump ship.

Of course the Reform Party the libertarian party and the green party or three completely different entities.

WSS

Certainly, but what do you mean?

Supporters of smaller parties shift with canidate's all the time because in many cases they're not that different other than charisma or popularity. I would think libertarian and reformist are only seperated by minor differences. Not the green party though, but there is probably something that went over my head about them in this context.

Who's to say it's not just the evolution of a party? Unfortunately for the left Trump's not racist, or whatever other label that has been attached to him recently. If the GOP were to pick a time to shift direction slightly, it would be now.

I agree, but the leaders of the party have not been supportive.

Archived