THE BROWNS BOARD

The Las Vegas Raiders

The Gipper

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I understand it, the Raiders 'lease" on the Oakland Coliseum has run out. Yet, the Raiders have no where to go to play until a Las Vegas Stadium is built...unless they stay right where they are.

So, if I were the City of Oakland I would say: Your rent to play here next year is $150,000,000.00 If you don't want to pay that, get the fuck out.

Where would they go then.

As I understand it, the Raiders 'lease" on the Oakland Coliseum has run out. Yet, the Raiders have no where to go to play until a Las Vegas Stadium is built...unless they stay right where they are.

So, if I were the City of Oakland I would say: Your rent to play here next year is $150,000,000.00 If you don't want to pay that, get the fuck out.

Where would they go then.

i would imagine they would play at the UNLV stadium which holds about 30k and those September home games are going to be fucking miserable when its 110 degrees in Vegas.

i would imagine they would play at the UNLV stadium which holds about 30k and those September home games are going to be fucking miserable when its 110 degrees in Vegas.

I am incorrect. Actually the Raiders lease with the Oakland Coliseum lasts two more years. They are supposed to play there in both 2017 and 2018.

Now, in the past when this happened, excluding the Browns situation, the league/team and the city agreed to a buyout. This was when the Oilers left Houston. There, just like here, the league felt that it was untenable to have the team still play in the old stadium while planning to move to to a new city. So there, they agreed that the team could move early....and the Oilers played in Memphis for two years awaiting the Nashville stadium construction. Not quite, but similar, Houston got some assurances (though no guarantees...unlike Cleveland) that it would be first in line for expansion. There the league knew with the "new Browns" coming in as the 31st team that they needed to have another team, and Houston got chosen.

In Oakland, there are no such guarantees/assurances. They will just be gone after the two years.

What I don't know is whether or not the City of Oakland can enforce "specific performance" the way Cleveland had Modell over the barrell. In his case the Browns had an additional 3 years on the lease, in Oakland it is two.

Does Oakland have that? Would they enforce it?

And what would it look like at Raiders games if they did? I mean, it could be a Hell's Angels/Black Panthers like riot scene for every game.

What would Oakland charge to let the Raiders go, so as to not have the NFL have a terrible black eye on their hands, like they were afraid of here if Modell was forced to have the Browns play in old Muni stadium?

The team's lease in Oakland runs through the 2018 season, but there is some expectation the Raiders will leave earlier than that. When the Oilers relocated to Tennessee in the mid-1990s, they were also supposed to play two more years in Houston while waiting for their stadium in Nashville to be ready. They ended up playing in Memphis for a year after Houston fans understandably abandoned the team, leaving it to play home games in a mostly empty Astrodome throughout the 1996 season.

The Raiders could play at UNLV's Sam Boyd Stadium beginning in 2018 while they wait for their custom-built stadium to be done in time for the 2020 season.

I don't think Raiders stadium would be "abandoned". I could see Raider's come there to wreak havoc.

UNLV's Stadium This doesn't seem like it would be much better than playing in either Paul Brown Stadium in Massillon or in Fawcett Stadium in Canton, though, you know it may not be any worse than the stadium the Chargers are playing in for a while.

1920px-Sam_Boyd_Stadium_from_the_air_Jul

This doesn't seem like it would be much better than playing in either Paul Brown Stadium in Massillon or in Fawcett Stadium in Canton, though, you know it may not be any worse than the stadium the Chargers are playing in for a while.

1920px-Sam_Boyd_Stadium_from_the_air_Jul

Those metal bleachers are going to be a great place to be sitting in September when the average temperature in Vegas is like 90 degrees. The league will have lawsuits when people die in the stands from heat stroke.

Those metal bleachers are going to be a great place to be sitting in September when the average temperature in Vegas is like 90 degrees. The league will have lawsuits when people die in the stands from heat stroke.

Well, I guess they are going to be having some Thursday/Sunday/Monday night games there early in the season.

Though, is that the image they want for their prime time games? They may not care.

Awnings...like at Stubhub?

King of the board. There must be more important things in your life than that?

You're fooling nobody with this tough guy arsehole act. The real Tom is obviously a nice guy , there's nothing wrong with that, embrace it chap

Great news for Vegas, and for fans of Vegas; me being perhaps the biggest. According to reports the Raiders will open the 2019 season in Las Vegas. I have already invited Stan to attend the inaugural opener with me. It will be interesting to see where his thoughts are on this.

I welcome all the good riddance horseshit that will follow, but there are some great discussion points with this move.

"Fuck You Ghoolie, if you are a Raidiers fan why not just switch allegiance now?"

Well, wait a minute, snapper heads, it is YOU fucktards who insisted that the Browns name must stay in Cleveland, not me. You blowtards are the ones who would never accept the Baltimore Browns (Browns real name). So, hell, I am just like you sissies, I am a Vegas loyalist. Fuck the Raiders..................until that is they start fresh in Vegas.

I wonder if the Raiders fans will cry like pussies and demand that the name and colors stay in Oakland? Boo Hoo.

This is a great day for the NFL, and certainly a great day for the Ghoolmiester. Buh bye shit stains........hello Vegas.

Only pussies switch their team allegiance. and FrontRunnerAssKissers. Is that what you have become?

So, if that is the case, will that mean you will no longer patronize the Browns Board?

(or does it mean that the admins will now ban you as a troll of another team?)

Prediction: Browns win a Super Bowl before the Raiders do.

(besides...how do you know you will live long enough to even see that first Raider game in Vegas?

And no, it would surprise me if Stan would FRAK along with you. Just because he spends time in Vegas? Lots of people on this board who are Browns fans live or spend a lot of time in other cities. Z lives close to Tampa, should he become a Bucs fan? Hoorta lives in Dayton, should he become a Bengals fan? Flugel lives in Nashville, should he become a Tits fan? Tour lives near Houston, should he become a Texan fan? Ballpeen lives in Chattanooga, should he become either a Tits of Falcons fan? MarkO lives in SoCal, should he become a Chargers or Rams fan? etc. etc. etc. We got fans from the UK on here, should they switch allegiances to the Boston teams or the NY teams, simply because those are a few miles closer to the UK? (I could see a switch if the UK gets a team)

So, if that is the case, will that mean you will no longer patronize the Browns Board?

(or does it mean that the admins will now ban you as a troll of another team?)

One can only hope. The king of bluster and bullshit will never leave here. He loves the attention too much. He's an attention whore and as long as he gets it, he will be here to tell us all how great he is. And if people would stop quoting is bullshit, I'd never see any of his nonsense.

One can only hope. The king of bluster and bullshit will never leave here. He loves the attention too much. He's an attention whore and as long as he gets it, he will be here to tell us all how great he is. And if people would stop quoting is bullshit, I'd never see any of his nonsense.

Well, I just figure that if y'all let him on I will respond. I agree with him on about half of his BS....but clearly not on this subject.

Now, if he just said: "I'm moving to Vegas, and the Raiders are moving to Vegas, so I think I will take some interest in that team", that would be fine. But he tends actually to go licking the yarbles of whatever team is his flavor of the day: Raiders, Steelers, Texas Goat Fuckers...whichever.

;) to the Lone Star state boys.

Prediction: Browns win a Super Bowl before the Raiders do.

i recall another clevelander making a similiar prediction about a team way down south that wouldn't get a championship before a cleveland team did. That didn't go so well. Plus the Raiders are a really good budding team, who knows perhaps the move to Vegas gets them over the top.

i recall another clevelander making a similiar prediction about a team way down south that wouldn't get a championship before a cleveland team did. That didn't go so well. Plus the Raiders are a really good budding team, who knows perhaps the move to Vegas gets them over the top.

Competitive, not over the top.

Damn... Idda been there had the threads not merged...

It worked for the Browns.

Here comes a "Browns never moved" fusillade...

INCOMING!

Done deal, guys...

Owners' vote was 31-1... the one holdout was Miami.

Of course it passed. If it didn't then the owners wouldn't get any relocation monies.

Of course it passed. If it didn't then the owners wouldn't get any relocation monies.

Also fills a regional void... unlike the nonsense about Jimmah moving us to Tennesee.

About 12 million for each team...in this case. Enough to at least pay a backup QB. Probably 10 mill after the NFL get their cut. The NFL has said it will chip in to the stadium cost, so it has to get that money from somewhere.

In the case of the Chargers and Rams they each got about 24 million. Or maybe 20 after the NFL vig.

That's 20+20+10....50 million, all without having to sell a ticket or a beer.

Also fills a regional void... unlike the nonsense about Jimmah moving us to Tennesee.

Regional void? What regional void?

Vegas is a transient town. No real Las Vegans were clamoring for a team, as they all probably followed a team from whence they came.

Well, I just figure that if y'all let him on I will respond. I agree with him on about half of his BS....but clearly not on this subject.

Now, if he just said: "I'm moving to Vegas, and the Raiders are moving to Vegas, so I think I will take some interest in that team", that would be fine. But he tends actually to go licking the yarbles of whatever team is his flavor of the day: Raiders, Steelers, Texas Goat Fuckers...whichever.

;) to the Lone Star state boys.

The morbidly obese trailer park dwelling welfare loving Ravens fan isn't moving any fucking place. Guarantee this fat blowhard fuck never leaves the board, either.

Did I miss a banning?

The morbidly obese trailer park dwelling welfare loving Ravens fan isn't moving any fucking place. Guarantee this fat blowhard fuck never leaves the board, either.

You seem to know a lot for a guy with 14 posts...

Archived