THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL Divisional shake up- changes needed

BrownsfaninPa

I know this idea may make some fans ponder my thoughts, some may agree, or see my point, and some may say stop the madness. Here is what's on my mind. Changes in divisions;

AFC EAST - PATRIOTS, BILLS, JETS, RAVENS

AFC NORTH - BROWNS, BENGALS, STEELERS, COLTS

AFC SOUTH - TITANS, JAGUARS, DOLPHINS, TEXANS

NFC EAST - GIANTS, EAGLES, REDSKINS, PANTHERS

NFC SOUTH - COWBOYS, SAINTS, FALCONS, BUCCANEERS

WHY? Well why is the Patriots in the AFC EAST, and not the AFC North ? Its a never ending question with geographic answers.

Personally I would love to see the Colts face the Browns twice a year, and seeing the Steelers & Colts meet as well. The Cowboys should be in the NFC South .

I know this idea may make some fans ponder my thoughts, some may agree, or see my point, and some may say stop the madness. Here is what's on my mind. Changes in divisions;

AFC EAST - PATRIOTS, BILLS, JETS, RAVENS

AFC NORTH - BROWNS, BENGALS, STEELERS, COLTS

AFC SOUTH - TITANS, JAGUARS, DOLPHINS, TEXANS

NFC EAST - GIANTS, EAGLES, REDSKINS, PANTHERS

NFC SOUTH - COWBOYS, SAINTS, FALCONS, BUCCANEERS

These have been discussed before. I assume that by not listing the other division your plan would be to leave them as is?

Sure, these make sense....but, a few things.....

A. Jerry Jones would not want to move the Cowboys....as the other teams in his current division are NY, Phil, Wash DC...and he thinks he is a fucking big timer and would not want to "stoop" to being in a division with smaller city teams. Plus, maybe he wants to keep the Cowboys and Indians rivalry going.

B. Miami thinks it is a Northeastern city, not a southeastern city. Tons and tons and tons of Native New Yorkers have migrated to Miami (many Jewish)...so they want to keep that connection to NY.

C. The league seems to think that Baltimore has natural rivalries with Pittsburgh and Cleveland. With CLE...it is a remnant of "the move". With Pitt, it is just the fact that those two have now been predominant in the division for a decade and a half or more, so there has been good competition there and they don't want to disturb that. If the Rats had been as shitty as the Browns have been, it may have been a different story.

D. In your scheme, Charlotte NC is really a more natural rival with its fellow southern cities Atlanta, Tampa, NO...so that one is a non sequiter.

Swap Miami and Indy. And even that I'd be hesitant about because Miami is, as Gipper said, a northern city.

The rest is fine.

Having family from Florida, you must all know the old adage: In Florida, the more northern you go, the more southern you git. And vice versa.

They were the original Cleveland football team, no?

That honor would belong to the Cleveland Tigers of the American Professional Football Association (APFA)... which was later renamed the NFL.

Cleveland does not have 13 fucking titles. They have the 1964 NFL Championship and 12 Boyscout Badges earned with leather helmets

I should think that we could go back to the 1950's and have 4 titles to our credit.

The Browns in Cleveland are a fake team. The Browns are in Baltimore and are now called the Ravens.

There are other ways for someone to say, "Whoh, that's not my team any more!" The team doesn't have to move. The owner could sell the team...and change the entire front office...and start hacking the players off the team for new ones....this owner could change the uniforms into clown outfits...

What if the Browns never moved? And Art ended up selling the team to Haslam? - "Hey, that's not the organization that 'I' rooted for. MY team's gone and dead forever"

Since we can claim areas now for titles, let's just lump west PA in there and get Pittsburghs too.

Maybe extend out to the coast and up to Canada and grab all of NE's as well.

NFL uses the 75 mile radius as a teams natural market. You know that from the blackout rules. In a few areas there is some overlap.

I don't know if you have ever lived in Northeast Ohio, but if you are trying to claim that Akron and Canton are not part of the greater Cleveland market area, well, you just know nothing Jon Snow.

Cleveland does not have 13 fucking titles. They have the 1964 NFL Championship and 12 Boyscout Badges earned with leather helmets playing mostly opponents who were confined to an iron lung. They didn't even have jackstraps in those days, they used hollowed out orange halves held on by rubber bands.

NOrtheast Ohio owns 13 Pro Football Championships. No Steelerfag thought process can ever change the truth.

I should think that we could go back to the 1950's and have 4 titles to our credit.

We go back to the 1920 season when the NFL was formed...and we have 13 titles to our credit.

To deny that fact would be like saying that Al Smith and Wendell Wilkie and Thomas Dewey and Adlai Stevenson and George McGovern actually became Presidents of the USA. You can't change historical facts

There are other ways for someone to say, "Whoh, that's not my team any more!" The team doesn't have to move. The owner could sell the team...and change the entire front office...and start hacking the players off the team for new ones....this owner could change the uniforms into clown outfits...

What if the Browns never moved? And Art ended up selling the team to Haslam? - "Hey, that's not the organization that 'I' rooted for. MY team's gone and dead forever"

I don't know, with some it seems like they must think that every time there is a change in ownership, or a change in a GM, or a change in a coach that " that's not the team it used to be".

Well, once upon a time the SF 49ers were owned by Ed DeBartolo and were the best team in the game. Now they are owned by Jed York are about the worst team in the game. Does that mean that the 49ers are not longer the 49ers....just because ownership changed and they now suck?

Absurd.

I don't know, with some it seems like they must think that every time there is a change in ownership, or a change in a GM, or a change in a coach that " that's not the team it used to be".

Well, once upon a time the SF 49ers were owned by Ed DeBartolo and were the best team in the game. Now they are owned by Jed York are about the worst team in the game. Does that mean that the 49ers are not longer the 49ers....just because ownership changed and they now suck?

Absurd.

Quite right. Absurd.

We all could have said, 'Hey, that's not my team anymore.' when Belleyache kicked Kosar out and inserted Todd Philcox.

It is what it is. You're either a Browns fan, or you're not. If not, then ya can go root for the Cowboys or the reigning super bowl champ like every other non-committal.

The USA has 50 Super Bowl victories.

The Browns are part of the USA.

The Browns have 50 Super Bowl victories.

I mean, if you are a rootless vagabond with no ties to a particular location....or if you are a FRAK, you can perhaps have that attitude.

But most of us have an identity with our home towns, home regions.

A person without an identity with a place, culture or origin is like a tree without roots.

In other words, Tumbleweed.

How do you like blowing in the wind?

I mean, if you are a rootless vagabond with no ties to a particular location....or if you are a FRAK, you can perhaps have that attitude.

But most of us have an identity with our home towns, home regions.

A person without an identity with a place, culture or origin is like a tree without roots.

In other words, Tumbleweed.

How do you like blowing in the wind?

I'm from America. That's my identity. The Browns are from America too. We have 50 Super Bowl rings. Tied for the best in the league!

Gipper, when most fans of a team don't want to claim certain "titles," you should probably just give it up.

Facts are facts. Truth is truth. In the history of Pro Football going back to 1920, Northeast Ohio has won 13 Championships. I can list them if you would like. It doesn't matter what people think, or claim, or have an attachment to.

Its like saying: "I didn't vote for Donald Trump, I don't like Donald Trump, I don't want to claim him as my President ergo, he is not my President". Well....he IS, whether you like it, or claim it or not.

Facts are fact, Truth is truth.

And we are the good ol' Northeast Ohio Browns

That is absolutely true. I would venture to say that 85-90% of people that attend the games live outside of Cleveland proper.

I suspect this could be verified if just the zip codes of all season ticket holders were published.

I do love the way "Northeast Ohio" is painted across the front of the jerseys. It's a nice touch.

I mean, a ton of teams don't even play in the city in which they have on their jerseys:

The East Rutherford Jets/Giants

The Orchard Park Bills

The Landover Redskins

The Miami Gardens Dolphins

The Independence Chiefs

The Arlington Cowboys

The Glendale Cardinals

Neither LA team will actually play in LA.

Not to speak of teams that use an entire state: Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings. New England Patriots (Not even a state), Arizona Cardinals.

Yes, despite bearing the name of a particular city, all NFL...hell, all major league sports teams are really regional entities.

I mean, a ton of teams don't even play in the city in which they have on their jerseys:

The East Rutherford Jets/Giants

The Orchard Park Bills

The Landover Redskins

The Miami Gardens Dolphins

The Independence Chiefs

The Arlington Cowboys

The Glendale Cardinals

Neither LA team will actually play in LA.

Not to speak of teams that use an entire state: Tennessee Titans, Minnesota Vikings. New England Patriots (Not even a state), Arizona Cardinals.

Yes, despite bearing the name of a particular city, all NFL...hell, all major league sports teams are really regional entities.

But you don't see those teams claiming titles won by other teams in their area, do you?

Or do the Jets get a ring every time the Giants win?

Archived