THE BROWNS BOARD

Carson Palmer

The Gipper

I heard on the radio this morning that Carson Palmer has pulled his kids out of school in Phoenix and has sold his house. So....it seems he is either planning to retire, or play elsewhere next year. That could mean that the Cards are all in on going for a QB.

http://cardswire.usatoday.com/2017/01/31/carson-palmer-selling-house-moving-out-of-state-retirement-imminent/

Yes, I heard the same report. Sounds as though Carson is planning on ending his playing days. If so, could this be an open spot to slide a Tony Romo in as starter?

Seems reasonable given the Cards are a win-now team.

Have to believe Denver is thinking about Romo. Jerrah would love a second, serious suitor to come calling.

I think they are definitely in the market for a young QB. I could see them trading up for a guy they like.

Zombo

They could be another player in the Garropolo market. But if, as others say, they may be a landing place for Romo, that would contradict the idea that they may be looking for a "young" QB. Though, maybe not really. Even if they go the Romo route, that would not discount their need for a young guy. IMO, Palmer is likely not in as bad shape as Romo is physically.

• 2 weeks later...

This article says that Carson Palmer will definitely be returning to the Cardinals next season. There was a lot of speculation after he put his house up for sale that he would be retiring...but apparently not.

Still, at his age, 37, and not being in quite the same good shape as some of his contemporaries, the Cards still could be in the QB market, maybe even in round 1 of the draft:

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/carson-palmer-to-return-in-2017-now-cardinals-need-him-to-play-like-its-2015-211219075.html

Archived