THE BROWNS BOARD

My only free agency prediction

jcam222

You know, it goes against the philosophy, but I wouldn't mind it for a year or two.

Look at it this way, would you rather practice your baseball swing with a pitching machine or with a 6 year old? Romo would aid the development of everyone on offense.

I think when addressing the QB position everyone is off the mark. I do believe Haslam will push for a splash after going 1-15. I am predicting the 2017 Browns starting QB to be none other than Tony Romo. His understudies will be Kessler and Mahomes. Fire away now

Any firing away at you over this should be self inflicted wounds. Honor should require you to commit Sepeku.

Price for another fragile QB is way to high.

The contract would be heavily incentive laden. I am confortable with Kessler and Mahomes behind him. I guess as the newly self appointed Browns GM I will go ahead and lay out the rest of my offense here before I fall on my sword. I really need to change the thread title to "Crazed season ticket holder takes over team"

QB1 Tony Romo FA

QB2 Cody Kessler Current

QB3 Patrick Mahomes Draft (3rd round)

RB1 Leonard Fournette Draft Round 1 pick 12

RB2 Duke Johnson Current

RB3 Darius Jackson Current

FB Dan Vitale Current

WR1 Josh Gordon Current

WR2 Terrelle Pryor Current (franchise tag)

WR3 Corey Coleman Current

WR4 Andrew Hawkins Current

WR5 Ricardo Louis Current

WR6 Rashard Higgins Current

TE1 Gary Barnidge Current

TE2 Seth Devalve Current

TE3 Bucky Hodges Draft Round 4

LT Joe Thomas Current

LG Joel Bitonio Current

LG2 Spencer Drango Current

C1 Stefen Wisniewski FA

C2Austin Reiter Current

RG1 John Greco Current

RG2 Shon Coleman Current

RT Riley Rieff FA

Oline depth Cameron Erving Current

Defensive roster in progress and coming soon. Superbowl Baby!!

Both or 1 of the CB's--Trumaine Johnson played in G.Williams system at Rams..or CB-Logan Ryan from Pats(Julio Jones 4 catches)..SB's leads to "can't pay'em all"..

The contract would be heavily incentive laden. I am confortable with Kessler and Mahomes behind him. I guess as the newly self appointed Browns GM I will go ahead and lay out the rest of my offense here before I fall on my sword. I really need to change the thread title to "Crazed season ticket holder takes over team"

QB1 Tony Romo FA

QB2 Cody Kessler Current

QB3 Patrick Mahomes Draft (3rd round)

RB1 Leonard Fournette Draft Round 1 pick 12

RB2 Duke Johnson Current

RB3 Darius Jackson Current

FB Dan Vitale Current

WR1 Josh Gordon Current

WR2 Terrelle Pryor Current (franchise tag)

WR3 Corey Coleman Current

WR4 Andrew Hawkins Current

WR5 Ricardo Louis Current

WR6 Rashard Higgins Current

TE1 Gary Barnidge Current

TE2 Seth Devalve Current

TE3 Bucky Hodges Draft Round 4

LT Joe Thomas Current

LG Joel Bitonio Current

LG2 Spencer Drango Current

C1 Stefen Wisniewski FA

C2Austin Reiter Current

RG1 John Greco Current

RG2 Shon Coleman Current

RT Riley Rieff FA

Oline depth Cameron Erving Current

Defensive roster in progress and coming soon. Superbowl Baby!!

I 'd have more faith in RG3 staying healthy than Romo, no thanks. As for the fournette pick, if the Browns are going offense at 12 I'd much rather have OJ Howard, the dude is a beast.

Romo stated he wants to play for a contender. I really don't think the Cowboys would screw over Romo by sending him to a destitute franchise...I can't fathom it. Houston made the playoffs, is in the same state where he currently lives, and is in desperate need of a QB. I'm not sure what the going price is for a talented QB in his final years who has a history of missing a ton of games, but I think we'll see shortly enough.

Can you imagine the Texans trading their first round pick to the Cowboys for Romo? Wanna talk about the rich getting richer? Oh, and don't forget the Cowboys will probably get Jaylon Smith on the field in 2017. He's the LB from Notre Dame that suffered that awful injury in that bowl game. Apparently he's regaining nerve function in that knee, and he's training like mad.

Romo stated he wants to play for a contender. I really don't think the Cowboys would screw over Romo by sending him to a destitute franchise...I can't fathom it. Houston made the playoffs, is in the same state where he currently lives, and is in desperate need of a QB. I'm not sure what the going price is for a talented QB in his final years who has a history of missing a ton of games, but I think we'll see shortly enough.

Can you imagine the Texans trading their first round pick to the Cowboys for Romo? Wanna talk about the rich getting richer? Oh, and don't forget the Cowboys will probably get Jaylon Smith on the field in 2017. He's the LB from Notre Dame that suffered that awful injury in that bowl game. Apparently he's regaining nerve function in that knee, and he's training like mad.

I am painfully aware of how bad we suck last year and have quite some time. Call me optimistic but I believe that's about to change. I truly believe with the addition of 4 to 5 key free agents and the plethora of draft picks we have we will be contending this year.

From a Haslam perspective I can see the attraction of Romo, but...

• I think Jimmy is going to defer to his FO, and
  • I do not see the attraction of the rebuilding Browns for Romo.

Tony simply does not need the money. What he does not have is a ring and the validation it would bring his career. That's why I see him doing a cap friendly deal to go to a contending franchise lacking an established QB.

Denver and Houston seem closest to being "a QB away."

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner "continue(s) to feel confident" the Bengals will not retain free agent RG Kevin Zeitler.

Based on what he's heard, Dehner expects the Bengals to prioritize re-signing free agent LT/LG Andrew Whitworth and let Zeitler walk. It's a curious approach -- to be kind -- considering Whitworth is in steep decline at age 35 while 27-year-old (in March) Zeitler is one of the best young guards in football. Dehner believes there's only a "30 percent chance" Zeitler returns to Cincinnati. Zeitler is Rotoworld's No. 1-rated free agent interior offensive lineman.

id go after him soon as free agency starts

The Cincinnati Enquirer's Paul Dehner "continue(s) to feel confident" the Bengals will not retain free agent RG Kevin Zeitler.

Based on what he's heard, Dehner expects the Bengals to prioritize re-signing free agent LT/LG Andrew Whitworth and let Zeitler walk. It's a curious approach -- to be kind -- considering Whitworth is in steep decline at age 35 while 27-year-old (in March) Zeitler is one of the best young guards in football. Dehner believes there's only a "30 percent chance" Zeitler returns to Cincinnati. Zeitler is Rotoworld's No. 1-rated free agent interior offensive lineman.
id go after him soon as free agency starts

Amen, Brother.

Archived