THE BROWNS BOARD

I Love Joe Thomas More Than Ever

alporcini

CLEVELAND, Ohio - Browns outspoken left tackle Joe Thomas was looking forward to watching Roger Goodell squirm if Tom Brady won the Super Bowl 51 and MVP.

And when it actually went down, the awkward exchanges and boos during the trophy ceremony didn't disappoint Thomas, a vocal critic of Deflategate.

"I especially enjoyed how over-eager Roger was to smile at all the Patriots and give them a big handshake, but then as soon as he gave them the trophy he scurried off the stage like a rat," Thomas told Pro Football Talk Live Thursday morning. "It was awesome."

Four days before the Super Bowl, Thomas, who spent the week in Houston, told cleveland.com that he wanted his good friend Alex Mack to win a Super bowl with the Falcons, but that was looking for justice for Brady, who was suspended the first four games of the season.

"I can find happiness in both situations,'' he said. "Of course I'd love to see Alex win a Super Bowl, but I'd certainly I'd love the situation if Goodell, Brady and Mr. Kraft were all on the stage together, so I'm not going to show my cards on (which one I'd like best).''

Goodell left the stage when he did because that is what he is supposed to do. He presents the trophy to the owner of the winner, then gets the hell out of the way, and lets the broadcasters take over. He didn't do anything that he hasn't done for every Super Bowl trophy presentation he has ever made.

This was, after all, the team's moment. Not his. We will see him at the draft.

Orion-got a coin to recommend for you. Just plug this into ebay search or buy directly from someone like APMEX. Click on it for a closer look.

2014 Australia Silver $5 Color Domed Southern Sky Orion 84238_Slab.jpg?v=20140821111731&width=75

I have the 2012 southern cross. 71420_Slab.jpg?v=20130602094622&width=75

Orion-got a coin to recommend for you. Just plug this into ebay search or buy directly from someone like APMEX. Click on it for a closer look.

2014 Australia Silver $5 Color Domed Southern Sky Orion 84238_Slab.jpg?v=20140821111731&width=75

I have the 2012 southern cross. 71420_Slab.jpg?v=20130602094622&width=75

Nice.

Orion would look better flipped 180 degrees.

Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse, Betelgeuse. :)

Joe Thomas is genuinely funny. And Goodell is a schmuck right along

with buttichek and his little hand puppet, brady.

Still can't believe Atlanta lost... though the Falcons did fire two of their defensive staff....

Archived