THE BROWNS BOARD

John Lennon, very prophetic

DieHardBrownsFan

ah, I'm glad I can stop equating him with the song "Imagine".....

yep. But it is going to be tough - the left refuses to share time

running our gov. They are either in charge, or all helter-skelter takes

place til they ARE in charge.

bunch of traitors...

In the late ‘60s and early ‘70s, John Lennon began to actively endorse a wide variety of progressive and radical political causes. He championed the anti-war movement as well as Native and African-American rights while demonstrating a deepening interest in feminism. Lennon began to forge potent links between his music and the politics of his time. His craft became a weapon of social and political change.
Read more at http://www.business2community.com/entertainment/john-lennox-predicting-business-man-like-president-donald-trump-will-cause-revolution-fake-01773027#yFWdPjmms3AS3Jfb.99

Marvin Gaye did as well. There were so many musicians with a lot of different insight. It was great era for music.

I hate to speak ill of the dead but on a personal level, as a human being Lennon was frankly on the 'jerk' side. That is well documented. I have little respect for him and it has nothing to do with his silly comment about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus Christ. Here is but one story of many:

"Without question, the greatest victim of Lennon’s character failings was his oldest son, Julian. Lennon clearly resented the young boy whose conception had forced him into a marriage he didn’t want and trapped him in a domestic routine he was too immature and narcissistic to sustain. Both Julian and his mother Cynthia have publicly stated that Lennon was alternately absent, indifferent, drug-addled, and generally unpleasant to be around during Julian’s early childhood. After he divorced Cynthia, Lennon took off with Yoko Ono and dropped out of his son’s life for years. After they reconnected, Lennon severely emotionally abused his son on several occasions, berating and screaming at him until the boy was reduced to tears. Once, Julian giggled and Lennon shouted back, “I hate the way you fu**ing laugh!” Julian was not yet a teenager at the time. In perhaps the saddest statement ever made about Lennon, Julian later stated that Paul McCartney was more of a father to him than his real father was."

Never knew about that aspect of his private life. That's the thing about celebrities, their private thoughts and actions can really damage impressions of their work.

Archived