THE BROWNS BOARD

Brand The Fourth Circuit’s Evisceration of the Second Amendment The Fourth Circuit’s Eviscera

OldBrownsFan

http://www.redstate.com/patterico/2017/02/24/fourth-circuits-evisceration-second-amendment/

It is going to be a constant battle to keep gun rights in this country with liberal activist courts trying to take them away even going so far as to go against prior Supreme Court pro gun rights rulings.

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2017/01/10/mass-had-lowest-gun-death-rate-country-study-says/jOCtngpzaToQFBdZq43AbP/story.html

"Massachusetts had the lowest gun death rate in the country in 2015, newly released federal data shows, and advocacy groups on Tuesday attributed the state’s ranking to its tough firearm laws...The states with the next lowest rates in 2015 were Hawaii at 3.84 deaths per 100,000, New York at 4.29, Rhode Island at 4.83, and Connecticut at 5.26. The highest firearm death rates were 23.97 per 100,000 in Alaska, 20.38 in Louisiana, 19.85 in Montana, 19.72 in Alabama, and 19.68 in Mississippi."

You couldn't pay me to live in Alaska, Louisiana, Montana, Alabama, or Mississippi.

Redstate were not Trump supporters and many were part of the # NeverTrumpers so I found this interesting at the bottom of the article:

"I’d wager this case is likely to be taken up by the Supreme Court, and with a Justice Neil Gorsuch on the Court, I would predict this ruling will be reversed, as it should be.

It’s a stark reminder that there are some very, very good things that result from the election of one Donald J. Trump."

You couldnt pay me to live in Maryland.

For all their stringent gun laws Baltimore is one of the top violent cities.

https://www.thetrace.org/2016/10/chicago-gun-violence-per-capita-rate/

Same as Chicago. I don't need to look at any statistics to know criminals by definition do not obey gun laws...they only apply to the law abiding.

and yet - only the criminals have the guns.

The table shows that the overall Boston, MA crime rate is 45% higher than the Massachusetts average and is 6% higher than the national average. Looking at violent crime specifically, Boston, MA has a violent crime rate that is 81% higher than the Massachusetts average and 90% higher than the national average.

I win. THE TRUTH IS:

isn't on a state level. It's on a big city level:

http://ijr.com/2014/10/193585-fbis-released-list-10-violent-cities-us-one-thing-common/

Ever wondered where the most violent cities in the U.S. are located?

A report from CNN tracks the 10 most dangerous cities in the United States. The list is based on data reported by the FBI:

1. Camden, New Jersey

2. Flint, Michigan

3. Detroit, Michigan

4. Oakland, California

5. St. Louis, Missouri

6. Cleveland, Ohio

7. Gary, Indiana

8. Newark, New Jersey

9. Bridgeport, Connecticut

10. Birmingham, Alabama

What's one common factor uniting all ten of these cities?

Well, check out the party affiliations of the mayors in charge of these violent crime-beset locales:

1. Mayor of Camden — Dana Redd — Democrat

2. Mayor of Flint — Dayne Walling — Nonpartisan, formerly worked for U.S. Rep Dale Kildee, a Democrat

3. Mayor of Detroit — Dave Bing — Democrat

4. Mayor of Oakland — Jean Quan — Democrat

5. Mayor of St. Louis — Francis Slay — Democrat

6. Mayor of Cleveland — Frank Jackson — Democrat

7. Mayor of Gary — Karen Freeman-Wilson — Democrat

8. Mayor of Newark — Ras Baraka — Democrat

9. Mayor of Bridgeport — Bill Finch — Democrat

10. Mayor of Birmingham — William A. Bell — Democrat

The mayors who govern these high-crime riddled cities are all Democrats (or affiliated with Democrats, as in the case of Flint mayor Dayne Walling).

Archived