THE BROWNS BOARD

Man Shot & Killed For Being Brown

Osiris

boston - dem - high gun control

nyc - dem - high gun control

philly - dem - high gun control

la - dem high gun control

chicago - dem high gun control

yet, they have hideously high gun murder rates. anything else is bs.

Which account for almost 2/3 of firearm deaths. I can't find the data but I'd bet laws make little to no impact on homicides by firearm. Homicides are already illegal.

Murder is illegal. Homicide is just a description of how a person met their end (by the hands of another). The actual commission of murder is the culmination of circumstances (intent, pre-meditated, not pre-meditated, etc.) that are determined by investigation.

Let's not be naive. Yes if everyone in the United States was educated and upper-middle-class we would probably have less gun violence. Now if anyone has a way to accomplish that I'm all ears.

It would also work if everyone, or at least almost everyone barring some kind of emergency situation, was born to a mature mother and father.

It would also work if everyone followed the teachings of Jesus Christ.

But that's all kind of pie in the sky isn't it?

Also, not to change the subject, but what are the gun violence rates in places like Wyoming or Utah or Montana?

I guess I could look it up but I'm seriously asking.

WSS

I thought about changing that and didn't because you will be investigated for homicide 100% of the time no matter whether it's deemed justifiable or not

Correct sir.

Let's not be naive. Yes if everyone in the United States was educated and upper-middle-class we would probably have less gun violence. Now if anyone has a way to accomplish that I'm all ears.

It would also work if everyone, or at least almost everyone barring some kind of emergency situation, was born to a mature mother and father.

It would also work if everyone followed the teachings of Jesus Christ.

But that's all kind of pie in the sky isn't it?

Also, not to change the subject, but what are the gun violence rates in places like Wyoming or Utah or Montana?

I guess I could look it up but I'm seriously asking.

WSS

It's not pie in the sky. The chart I posted above shows that gun control laws work in America.

Here is the firearms fatality rates for the 3 states you mentioned.

Wyoming: 19.6 fatality rate.

Utah: 12.8 fatality rate.

Montana:19.2 fatality rate,

You can use gun deaths per capita to show that tighter gun control laws lead to less deaths.

Or you can use total gun deaths to show that gun control laws don't correlate closely with it.

Did the image you linked control for population density?

The chart itself I made. The statistics are from CDC though. According to the site:

"States are categorized from highest rate to lowest rate. Although adjusted for differences in age-distribution and population size, rankings by state do not take into account other state specific population characteristics that may affect the level of mortality. When the number of deaths is small, rankings by state may be unreliable due to instability in death rates."

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/sosmap/firearm_mortality/firearm.htm

That's interesting if I can find more recent statistics I would like to throw those in a chart too. In any case, suicides and accidental deaths make up a larger portion of firearms fatalities than gun murder. Personally I would be interested in reducing all three.

That's interesting if I can find more recent statistics I would like to throw those in a chart too. In any case, suicides and accidental deaths make up a larger portion of firearms fatalities than gun murder. Personally I would be interested in reducing all three.

I have a gun and if I decided to take my own life that would be among the last methods I would choose just for the record.

WSS

It's not pie in the sky. The chart I posted above shows that gun control laws work in America.

Here is the firearms fatality rates for the 3 states you mentioned.

Wyoming: 19.6 fatality rate.

Utah: 12.8 fatality rate.

Montana:19.2 fatality rate,

Damn those Mormons are really fucking brutal

Taking away the gun definitely doesn't stop the suicide.

You can look at the data by state but look at the data by cities combined with socioeconomic data and you get a much different picture.

You can say Illinois only has 9 gun deaths per 100,000 all you want. Doesn't change the fact that Chicago has 90+ per 100,000. The red part of that state is dragged down by Chicago's bullshit. And I'd guess, without research, that legal gun ownership per capita in Illinois is much higher outside of Chicago than inside of Chicago.

Taking away the gun definitely doesn't stop the suicide.

You can look at the data by state but look at the data by cities combined with socioeconomic data and you get a much different picture.

You can say Illinois only has 9 gun deaths per 100,000 all you want. Doesn't change the fact that Chicago has 90+ per 100,000. The red part of that state is dragged down by Chicago's bullshit. And I'd guess, without research, that legal gun ownership per capita in Illinois is much higher outside of Chicago than inside of Chicago.

Harvard study says otherwise regarding suicides. The other stuff you mentioned is worth looking into.

https://www.hsph.harvard.edu/news/magazine/guns-and-suicide/

UPDATE NEWS FLASH!!

On Sept 11th 2001 the United States was attacked as the Twin Towers fell due to terrorism.

REMEMBER WHO DONE THIS AND WHO WE ARE, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE.

exactly. But his Highness is all soaked in Egypt.

UPDATE NEWS FLASH!!

On Sept 11th 2001 the United States was attacked as the Twin Towers fell due to terrorism.

REMEMBER WHO DONE THIS AND WHO WE ARE, IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT LEAVE.

Speaking of 9/11, 15 of the 19 hijackers were from Saudi Arabia, which, oddly enough, was left off of Trump's immigration ban. I wonder why that is?: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/306990-trump-appeared-to-register-eight-companies-in-saudi-arabia

The rest of the hijackers were from the UAE, Egypt, and Yemen - none of those countries are on the travel ban either.

Archived