THE BROWNS BOARD

Marcus Benard 6'4" 260 lbs OLB

Oldcrow1945

I like this kid on film. It is of course against lesser competition but he still could be an interesting guy to watch.

He seems to be normally used as a stand up rusher.....And oh, by the way, the kid is pretty smart as well. Carried a 3.02 in college

Guest Aloysius

Could be I'm just imagining things, but it seems he's got Jamal Lewis's "a thousand steps to the hole" foot speed. When he does his inside stutter step move, he completely stops his movement before going inside - that's not something that will work against NFL OT's.

But the guy's got great length (that pass deflection was pretty sweet) and probably didn't get the best coaching at Jackson State. He's a good candidate to make it onto our practice squad.

it seems he's got Jamal Lewis's "a thousand steps to the hole" foot speed. When he does his inside stutter step move, he completely stops his movement before going inside - that's not something that will work against NFL OT's.

I don't worry about technique at all. Give me a smart, athletic kid and I can do a lot with him. Bad habits are coachable......As you basically stated.

I think practice squad as well. Unless he just blows them away with a little coaching in camp.

I really like the 4.78 40 time. A good time for a guy that goes between 260 and 270 lbs.

I also loved the leadership/peacemaker role he is obviously playing in the first film at the 2:16 mark.

Archived