THE BROWNS BOARD

Interesting stuff on the Bear's fans wanting Edwards

calfoxwc

<H1 id=article-title>Chicago Bears Fans Dream Big, Demand Braylon Edwards from Cleveland Browns</H1>default-user-icon-small.png by Dustin Roeder (Contributor)

May 06, 2009

108881_feature.jpg

There have been a few articles with trade Ideas for George Kokonis, and Jerry Angelo, the GMs for the Browns and Bears respectively. The articles that are getting the most play call for a few different scenarios.

Scenario one is presented by TAB BAMFORD. In his article, he wants the Browns to dump Edwards for a bag of doughnuts. The doughnuts are known as Alex Brown, Nathan Vasher, and a fifth-round choice.

I don't believe that the Browns would do this unless they believe Brown can play the "five technique" (I'm going with no), and Vasher is the answer at corner, like a Ken Lucas (also a no). If the Bears were to add a second-round pick, they may consider it.

Scenario two comes to us by way of Cory Holibaugh. His article comes as a response to Tab's article. He proposed the Bears trade CB Corey Graham, LB Mark Anderson, OT Chris Williams, plus a third and fifth-round choice.

Author Poll

What would be the most fair/logical for both teams in an Edwards trade?

• Brown, Vasher, 2010 fifth
  • Graham, Anderson, Williams, 2010 third, 2010 fifth
  • 2010 second, 2010 third, 2011 third
vote to see results Cory's proposal seems more ludicrous than Tab's. Teams are not usually going to give up five young players to get another young player. The Vikings did it for Hershel Walker, but that was more like 15 players. With out their first rounder next year, the Bears can't afford to give that up.

Scenario three is all me. First off, I'm neither a Bears nor a Browns fan. I love trade fodder though, and will speculate all day long. Mangini and Kokonis want "their players." These players need to be drafted by Mangini, or have played for him before in either New York or New England.

While their may be some players on the Bears roster that Mangini covets, the Bears will Value them even more.

The Browns have been demanding a first and third for Braylon. If the Bears were to meet those exact demands they could. A 2011 first rounder, and a 2010 third rounder. However, the Browns will not accept that.

So Angelo goes to the drawing board. Offers up his 2010 second and third rounder. Plus a 2011 third rounder.

In case no one's noticed, Angelo doesn't have many guys on his team that he has not drafted. The guys that have played somewhere else were either traded for (Cutler and Ogunleye) or were young guys brought in for competition after their previous team decided to not to resign them (Bullocks).

Mangini did that with the Jets, is doing that with the Browns. The cheat did that in New England. Jimmy did it with the Cowboys in the early '90s, and again with the Dolphins (Marino excluded).

McCoach is doing it with the Broncos, Smith did it with the Falcons, And Parcells is doing it with the Dolphins. Morris is doing it with the Bucs. Dungy did it with the Bucs. Gruden did it with the Raiders. Payton with the Saints.

Its an NFL trend. Coaches want their guys, for their system. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Other times, its best to follow the status quo. It has worked for the Steelers for decades. It will probably work for another decade too.

Look at the Bears' roster; it's full of Angelo and Tubby Smith's guys.

Another trade rumor bust. Ill take Urlacher please.

Urlacher? really? Yes Urlacher is still regarded as one of the best in the game. However he's also getting up there in age and Edwards has yet to hit his prime. I was raked over the coals for questioning a percentage of this fan base recently but I feel like some of you fire up Madden check overalls and then start proposing trades. The trade involving Anderson and the recently drafted Williams is the best trade for the Browns because it would really firm up the offensive line and Anderson is a strong talent. I think that trade also included a 2nd and a fifth so I'd definitely sign up for that one ESPECIALLY when you consider Williams was just a first round draft choice. (He does have a bit of a injury history though)

You don't want Urlacher or any aging defensive signal caller for that matter, at least not in my opinion.

Urlacher? really? Yes Urlacher is still regarded as one of the best in the game. However he's also getting up there in age and Edwards has yet to hit his prime. I was raked over the coals for questioning a percentage of this fan base recently but I feel like some of you fire up Madden check overalls and then start proposing trades. The trade involving Anderson and the recently drafted Williams is the best trade for the Browns because it would really firm up the offensive line and Anderson is a strong talent. I think that trade also included a 2nd and a fifth so I'd definitely sign up for that one ESPECIALLY when you consider Williams was just a first round draft choice. (He does have a bit of a injury history though)

You don't want Urlacher or any aging defensive signal caller for that matter, at least not in my opinion.

You forgot one other aspect. They don't want his contract either. 5 year and 40.6 Million....The Bears would love to dump that on Cleveland.

You forgot one other aspect. They don't want his contract either. 5 year and 40.6 Million....The Bears would love to dump that on Cleveland.

I didn't mention Urlacher because i can't imagine chicago wanting to get rig of him. He's the one player thats basically the face of the franchise, before Cutler anyways.

Archived