THE BROWNS BOARD

Round One *2017 Browns Board Mock Draft* Round One

Tour2ma

With the 30th pick of the 1st round the Pittsburgh Steelers select:

Raekwon McMillan (ILB) THE Ohio State University

Finishing off Rd 1 with the 32nd pick the New Orleans Saints select CB Teez Tabor Floridaaa

Round One Summary:

Offense: 12

• QBs - 2
  • RBs - 3
  • WRs - 3
  • TEs - 1
  • OTs - 2
  • OGs - 1
  • OCs - 0

Defense 20

• Edge - 6
  • DT ---- 3
  • ILB --- 3
  • OLB -- 2
  • CB ---- 3
  • S ------ 3

S/T -- 0

Observations:

• Not quite 2:1 in favor of the D.
  • Excepting Edge rushers the consensus, talent-laden positions in the draft, e.g., CBs, were not exhausted early.

Round One Summary:

Offense: 12

• QBs - 2
  • RBs - 3
  • WRs - 3
  • TEs - 1
  • OTs - 2
  • OGs - 1
  • OCs - 0

Defense 20

• Edge - 6
  • DT ---- 3
  • ILB --- 3
  • OLB -- 2
  • CB ---- 3
  • S ------ 3

S/T -- 0

Observations:

• Not quite 2:1 in favor of the D.
  • Excepting Edge rushers the consensus, talent-laden positions in the draft, e.g., CBs, were not exhausted early.

Leading me back to the question & why these type mocks are good to question real draft data options..Do the Browns pass on future offensive play makers in Zay or Njoku at #33? overvaluing their needs of CB & S if only the top 3 our gone at positions of CB & FS/S in 1st round? Pick #52 is real interesting

Leading me back to the question & why these type mocks are good to question real draft data options..Do the Browns pass on future offensive play makers in Zay or Njoku at #33? overvaluing their needs of CB & S if only the top 3 our gone at positions of CB & FS/S in 1st round? Pick #52 is real interesting

And it's 33 that gives me fits......in all my drafts, its the position I never see the "right" guy at....making it trade back territory for me

And it's 33 that gives me fits......in all my drafts, its the position I never see the "right" guy at....making it trade back territory for me

I ran into that early on as well at 33 in the First-Pick sim.... then it seemed to shift to 12... then back to 33.

In our Mock I was all set at 33 to take Sidney Jones... literally minutes away... when word of his achilles hit. I felt Budda would be there at 52, but if not I had a fallback FS a bit later.

Sidney Jones has *only* done his achilles. It's perfectly recoverable, in time, and will drop the guy a few rounds maybe. So, the browns can pick him up at some spot without taking a big risk, redshirt him and actually have a much higher likelihood of him seeing the field than Ifo a few years ago.

I ran into that early on as well at 33 in the First-Pick sim.... then it seemed to shift to 12... then back to 33.

In our Mock I was all set at 33 to take Sidney Jones... literally minutes away... when word of his achilles hit. I felt Budda would be there at 52, but if not I had a fallback FS a bit later.

yep......12 does it to me as well.....when Im there, my block of players usually has 3-5 players I have rated even....which then becomes a conundrum.....so, almost every time, its easy to drop back a few and still get one......

And, even tho Im all about drafting D......AT 12, I find myself looking hard at offensize players...Fournette, Williams, OJ Howard, etc....

Just hard to tell how they'll fall on draft day...

yep......12 does it to me as well.....when Im there, my block of players usually has 3-5 players I have rated even....which then becomes a conundrum.....so, almost every time, its easy to drop back a few and still get one......

And, even tho Im all about drafting D......AT 12, I find myself looking hard at offensize players...Fournette, Williams, OJ Howard, etc....

Just hard to tell how they'll fall on draft day...

Or trading up - if you have a group of, say, Allen, Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, Thomas and Barnett grouped together, waiting until there's only one left and trying to trade up might be a way to go. Depends on the cost of course, but moving from 12 to 7 shouldn't cost the earth and, if you can get ones of the DBs, could seriously improve our team.

Williams' 4.50 40 at his Pro Day has put him back in the convo, but OJH is my only serious contender on the O-side at 12.

Or trading up - if you have a group of, say, Allen, Adams, Hooker, Lattimore, Thomas and Barnett grouped together, waiting until there's only one left and trying to trade up might be a way to go. Depends on the cost of course, but moving from 12 to 7 shouldn't cost the earth and, if you can get ones of the DBs, could seriously improve our team.

Barnett's not in that group for me, but otherwise I hear you. It really depends on whether teams above us opt for Offense. The more that do, the more impact defenders end up there at 12.

And don't forget my first love, Foster... ;)

Archived