THE BROWNS BOARD

Anyone know about this jersey?

lewmel

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out who's jersey this was. It looks like the signature says Jim Hill, but I know he only played for the Browns in 75, but I am not sure if his number was 86. The Browns homepage does not show him listed in the history of jersey numbers for # 86. Actually none of the players listed under # 86 even come close to the signature. Any thought??

browns006.jpg

browns002.jpg

Hey guys,

I am trying to figure out who's jersey this was. It looks like the signature says Jim Hill, but I know he only played for the Browns in 75, but I am not sure if his number was 86. The Browns homepage does not show him listed in the history of jersey numbers for # 86. Actually none of the players listed under # 86 even come close to the signature. Any thought??

browns006.jpg

browns002.jpg

Dino Hall?

Zombo

--But I think he had a RB number.

The jersey appears to be framed and behind glass.

Is there a name on the back of it?

Yes, it's a silly question.

I'm not sure if the jerseys have always had a name on the back.

Here is the ALL TIME list of every player in Browns history who ever wore #86 (you can get that for any number on ClevelendBrowns.com):

Lewis Mayne (1947)

Dub Jones (1948-51)

Dante Lavelli (1952-56)

Paul Wiggin (1957-58)

Bill Howton (1959)

Gern Nagler (1960-61)

Gary Collins (1962-71)

Gerald Irons (1976-79)

Dan Fulton (1981-82)

Brian Brennan (1984-91)

Terry Bell (*1987)

Patrick Rowe (1992-93)

Patrick Newman (1994)

Walter Reeves (1995)

Leslie Shepherd (1999)

Dennis Northcutt (2000-01)

NONE of these looks like a likely match...so my guess is somebody had a #86 jersey on when they met up with Jim Houston.

Hey guys,

browns006.jpg

browns002.jpg

That is Dennis Northcutt's signature. Looks like a slip of the hand dropped the top of the "N". The double T cross is just a little long, making the N look even more like an H.

AW-11489med.jpg

-jj

Guest AdaM
THANK YOU!

I think you are right!

Probably the least valuable player that it could have been from the list above, lol :(

Archived