THE BROWNS BOARD

Season Ticket Holders Not Renewing By Friday Deadline ?

brownsfan99

This Friday, 3/17/17, is the deadline for season ticket holders to renew their tickets for the upcoming 2017 season. Just curious to know if anyone has had enough & and decided not to renew anymore. Yes, they lowered the prices in the upper deck, but lower level ticket holders are still paying the same price (which is a crock to me). I have lower level seats & I'm still tied to a PSL, so I feel mandated to renew. Those who are in the upper deck or do not have a PSL may feel otherwise.

Just wondering how many have said that enough is enough.

I renewed, upper deck 2 seats. Optimism scale is 7/10.

I still think we got shafted by Goodell & company on the London game.I don't think it's right to give up an inter conference game, they only visit every 8 years.

So you're not optimistic?

Uh no....Of course I'm happy that they appear to have improved the offensive line and have dedicated financial resources to making it better. But they got so many more holes on both sides of the ball. Most importantly they still do not have legit franchise QB on the roster & there does not appear to be a franchise QB in the draft. Yes, they may draft one to develop. Yes, they are probably gonna try & trade for Garoppolo. And yes, they have a boatload of draft picks. But that doesn't mean they know what the hell they are doing with the draft picks. If last year's draft was any indication, then these guys have trouble identifying play makers. I believe Terrell Pryor was a play maker that will only improve as he works on his craft. Of course, he is no longer on the roster & you surely can't count on Gordon. Yes, optimism is better than last year. But then again, we were 1-15 last year, so any optimism has to be a little better than last year's debacle.

Reasonable take... I might be more guarded as well if I was laying out the coin you are instead of a couple hundred for Sunday Ticket.

I still point to the 2016 and ask who clearly busted? It was a very cautious draft with some nice pieces still developing. It was also an approach I don't see us replicating in 2017.

Another draft is coming soon... more data... fresh data. Look forward to your thoughts once it is in the books.

Go Browns...

I'm in the uppers (section 536, row 19), love that full field view & I renewed. I do have a PSL, so they'll stay in the family when I croak. If they sell 'em, I'll come outta the grave to kick their asses!

Mike

ps: Couldn't afford season tics while raising/educating kids, but they were my #1 Bucket List item.

The first time Garrett meets the handoff in the backfield or slings the QB around like a ragdoll you guys will be jumping out of your seats. I don't feel sorry for you. :D

Nor do I!!! :)

Mike

It's a dream of mine to one year get a browns season ticket, live in Cle for three months and attend all eight road games too.

I very much doubt it'll ever happen but it's a nice thought

It's a dream of mine to one year get a browns season ticket, live in Cle for three months and attend all eight road games too.

I very much doubt it'll ever happen but it's a nice thought

I hear that. I mean, as part of a wider dream of not having to work, generally spending time travelling, but then just randomly ending up in Cleveland for four month (because, you know, playoffs) and watching it all.

I may have more luck convincing mrs gft to become a fan of university of hawaii and spending three months there...

I hear that. I mean, as part of a wider dream of not having to work, generally spending time travelling, but then just randomly ending up in Cleveland for four month (because, you know, playoffs) and watching it all.

I may have more luck convincing mrs gft to become a fan of university of hawaii and spending three months there...

And if the Browns moved to Paris my wife would pay for the season tickets herself. :lol:

that's for full 10 game season? I thought clubs were quite a bit more?

We are one less real game this year with the London deal. Normally my two seats cost me $3100 something a year

I wouldn't expect much real fluctuation in season ticket sales. As we can all attest, Browns football is more than just the game, and records. Nobody hates saying that kind of shit more than me, but let's be honest, Browns football is part fraternity, part fetish, part legacy, part habit, and other shit beyond normal behavior.

It is what it is. Some of our love of the team is logical, and some of it doesn't even make sense to us. Personally, I think Browns football is a fucking infection. There is no medicine for this shit. Like a virus, herpes. Once you get it, you got it.

People are always going to get sick of their season tickets for some reason. Some guys are tired of their wives fucking the neighbors while they are at home games. Some guys hate the coach, or the owner, or a player. Some people hate the drive, the crowds, or the selection of rubbers in the shit house vending machine.

There is plenty of bullshit for everyone. What makes me laugh is the self-important jackoff who says, "I'll show em, they will shit when they realize I am unhappy". Or the guy who says, "when hey see the empty seats, they'll get it.

Maybe back in the 60's a losing team meant empty seats, but this is 2017 and there as a lot of other things that attract a fan to the stadium. Some folks have a lot of money and like the aura of having tix. Some like tailgating and meeting with friends. Some, like most of the jackoffs who post here just really love football.

Mix that pile of shit together and you wind up with a concoction that is fail-safe at producing sell out tix sales for the owner. Meanwhile we bitch but keep going back for more.

This is a good thing because it keeps Cleveland as an important NFL market.

I don't think any fans deserve some winning, highlight players and fun more than Browns fans. I am always fuzzy about claiming fan greatness, but there are no more loyal fans in the NFL than Browns fans.

Did you know that the shit Nick Skorich team drew more home game fans in his 3 - 11 years, had a higher home game attendance than any of the Bradshaw Steeler SB winning teams?

Browns tickets simply have too many hungry and willing hands waiting to scoop them up for there ever to be a ticket crisis. It sucks that we really don't even have the power of the purse to not show and scare the owner, but this is our curse I guess. Win, Lose, Draw, or fuck Margie Turpac, Browns fans show up.

(Margie was the town pump at Ursuline High School 1968 - 1972, and really has nothing to do with ticket sales.)

Yup- in my case hope (almost) springs eternal- but I won't be. I've said it a lot- I'm running out of "wait till next years"- fast. My season tickets are more for the next generation to enjoy, as much as they're for me. Just maybe we'll start improving this year. If Garrett is the next Lawrence Taylor, and Sashi and DePo don't do something stupid like give up a boatload of picks for that over hyped backup New England quarterback that 1\2 the media is trying to ram down our throat.

We saw what can happen when the Cavs won it all- that won't be anything if the Browns ever bring home a Super Bowl trophy.

Don't worry Larry-August cures everything. You'll have your Garrett jersey all spruced up for Sept. K.O. by then. :D:D

We should start a contest as to what number he takes. Has to be 50-79 or 90-99. My bet is on 95. ;)

Don't worry Larry-August cures everything. You'll have your Garrett jersey all spruced up for Sept. K.O. by then. :D:D

We should start a contest as to what number he takes. Has to be 50-79 or 90-99. My bet is on 95. ;)

Here is a clue for you: even if they take Garrett #1.....in the event that the Browns draft a QB...at 12 or wherever, HE will be the focus of attention for fans, and Garrret will just be an afterthought. No one will care what jersey Garrett wears.

Its just a fact of fandom.

Now, 20 years from now, if he is what you Gays for Gayrett say he is....and if whatever number he has could be deemed worthy of joining #s 14, 32 and 76.....then we will have something to talk about in terms of jersey numbers.

Here is a clue for you: even if they take Garrett #1.....in the event that the Browns draft a QB...at 12 or wherever, HE will be the focus of attention for fans, and Garrret will just be an afterthought. No one will care what jersey Garrett wears.

Its just a fact of fandom.

Revisit that thought at the end of the season Gip.

Got my renewal in the first day we could. Maybe I'll luck out and win my seats for the year. Or trip to London. That was the incentive to renew early.

One thing I miss is the concerts that Modell would give us in the preseason. Jimmy needs to bring back the concerts.

Got my renewal in the first day we could. Maybe I'll luck out and win my seats for the year. Or trip to London. That was the incentive to renew early.

One thing I miss is the concerts that Modell would give us in the preseason. Jimmy needs to bring back the concerts.

May I suggest the opening act include, "Don't Bogart that joint my friend" to help the crowd deal with whatever happens. :lol:

I'm in the uppers (section 536, row 19), love that full field view & I renewed. I do have a PSL, so they'll stay in the family when I croak. If they sell 'em, I'll come outta the grave to kick their asses!

Mike

ps: Couldn't afford season tics while raising/educating kids, but they were my #1 Bucket List item.

Wow, I'm in 536, row 1. On the lookout lol

Archived