THE BROWNS BOARD

Kobe

manbearpig

Do you think he will try and elbow Lebron like he did Artest? What would be the outcome? I think Lebrons throat would break his arm... I would have loved to see Artest coldcock Kobe and knock his bitch ass out.

Guest AdaM
Do you think he will try and elbow Lebron like he did Artest? What would be the outcome? I think Lebrons throat would break his arm... I would have loved to see Artest coldcock Kobe and knock his bitch ass out.

The elbow was definitely intentional and by rule he should be suspended for a game.

Artest was fouling the hell out of kobe when the threw that elbow, but an elbow is an elbow and he should not get special treatment.

I don't think it was a really dirty play or anything, but you have to stick to the rules.

Do you think he will try and elbow Lebron like he did Artest? What would be the outcome?

Varajao would rip his throat out.

That crazy Brazillian has Lebron's back.

Zombo

Kobe's a punk. His self righteous attitude drives me nuts. LeBron has more class in his pinky than Kobe does in his whole body. Can you see LeBron throwing some cheap elbow the way Kobe did last night? Now I know why Shaq can't stand him, he is a stuck up little bitch. I wish Artest would have clocked him one.

I'm already getting excited about the potential of Kobe taking a cheap shot at one of our guys and Z goes after him like a mad man and chokes him out.

Hahaha, Zyrdunas Ilgauskus being tough and being a man. Pigs will fly that game as well.

As far as Kobe goes, of course his Hollywood Golden Boy status will save him from being suspended.

Hahaha, Zyrdunas Ilgauskus being tough and being a man. Pigs will fly that game as well. I guess Rasheed Wallace won't be there to laugh in his face because thats how little opponents respect him.

As far as Kobe goes, of course his Hollywood Golden Boy status will save him from being suspended.

Hahaha, Zyrdunas Ilgauskus being tough and being a man. Pigs will fly that game as well.

Have you watched any Cavs game this year? If someone gets punked, he goes right after the offender. It's a sight to see.

Guest AdaM

I agree with the post above. You must never watch the cavs.

Love Kobe, love Lebron, and they love each other. Competitors like those two are rare, going back to Bird and MJ, who would cut you before they'd let you win. It makes for way, WAY more entertaining basketball.

Get real: Kobe reacted to getting mugged by Ron Ron, who was riding him like a cheap whore and forearming his neck. Kobe is a majorly tough MFer and he does snap... which he did. But he didn't start it, Ron did.

Right call: Double technical. They missed the call. But that isn't Kobe's fault.

I love that the NBA is filled with great guys, great spokesmen, likable characters. But this time of year, it's war. Garnett knows it, too.

Yea, Kobe has great character. I'm sure the girl in Colorado would agree.

Love Kobe, love Lebron, and they love each other. Competitors like those two are rare, going back to Bird and MJ, who would cut you before they'd let you win. It makes for way, WAY more entertaining basketball.

Get real: Kobe reacted to getting mugged by Ron Ron, who was riding him like a cheap whore and forearming his neck. Kobe is a majorly tough MFer and he does snap... which he did. But he didn't start it, Ron did.

Right call: Double technical. They missed the call. But that isn't Kobe's fault.

I love that the NBA is filled with great guys, great spokesmen, likable characters. But this time of year, it's war. Garnett knows it, too.

Yeah, Kobe is a great competitor in basketball, the same way Ray Lewis is in football. To each their own, but they're both scum in my book for their off court or field antics. Might be off base, but too bad Kobe ran Shaq out of town- he might just have a few more rings if he hadn't.

Yeah, Kobe is a great competitor in basketball, the same way Ray Lewis is in football. To each their own, but they're both scum in my book for their off court or field antics. Might be off base, but too bad Kobe ran Shaq out of town- he might just have a few more rings if he hadn't.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up! Kobe is a sick competitor, not as ruthless as Jordan but up there. None the less I cant stand him. Since when do you get to nickname yourself? Black mamba? I think Im gonna give myself a nickname.

GRAVY "22 inch ####" insane.

I'll guarentee that I watch more Cavs than anyone on this board in the past 12 years. 100% guarentee. I was watching all 82 games when they were winning about 15 of them.

As far as Zydrunas goes, there's a big difference between running up to the guy and ACTING like you want to do something... and actually doing it. If you ever watch TNT with Barkley and them, they are constantly making fun of players for posturing and pretending to want to fight but really having no interest in it. Maybe if Z was half as tough as most Cavs fans think he'd body up on somebody once in his career instead of using his hands to protect his body. People will get on Braylon for dropping a pass to protect his body from contact, but they won't say a word about Zydrunas for giving up position, rebounds and points because he does things to protect his body from contact. Why? Because people are Retards and get brainwashed by a few 18 foot jumpers from a 7 footer.

Remember when Rasheed Wallace literally laughed in Ilgauskus' face when they got in the scuffle a few years ago? That's what the whole NBA thinks of him. They have respect for his 18 foot jumper, but none for any other part of his game or toughness.

Yeah he's played a lot of seasons in a row now, and the reason is that his priorities are as follows:

1. Avoid contact

2. Help the Cavs win

You might want to go back and watch the fourth quarter of game 7 against the Celtics last year, and see which joke WNBA player for the Cavs allowed PJ Brown to be the Celtics go to guy in the fourth quarter while LeBron locked down Pierce and Big Gay Ben locked down Kevin Garnett. Hint: he's the one you originally probably thought had a great game because he's 7'3'' and hit a few jumpers.

To think how laughable it is that someone around here recently claimed Z was tougher than Pau Gasol. Yeah, the 3rd team ALL-NBA Pau Gasol. That one. Obviously it was just a Cavs fan though.

Z's one of the best human beings in the NBA and I love him as a person, but Cavs fans need to get over this idea that he's tough.

1. They don't love eachother. They put up fronts in interviews and say the right things, but specifically Kobe does not like LeBron. He has a huge amount of resentment because of how quickly LeBron has shot up in the NBA. And it resinates through his body language and everything else he does. He resents LeBron. And watching the Olympics when they tried to outshine eachother (and incidentally LeBron outshined Kobe by about 100%, though Kobe still gets more credit because he's the Hollywood Golden Boy) you could see the resentment from Kobe. It almost got to the point where you could see him pimping Wade just to downplay LeBron. He gets along with Wade way better than Bron.

2. Artest got under the skin like he's supposed to, and Kobe threw an elbow. One was legal, one was not. The call was correct.

As far as last night goes, they completely blew a call when they put a technical on Kobe for doing nothing and having Artest overreact to it.

Guest Masters
If you ever watch TNT with Barkley and them, they are constantly making fun of players for posturing and pretending to want to fight but really having no interest in it. Maybe if Z was half as tough as most Cavs fans think he'd body up on somebody once in his career instead of using his hands to protect his body. People will get on Braylon for dropping a pass to protect his body from contact, but they won't say a word about Zydrunas for giving up position, rebounds and points because he does things to protect his body from contact. Why? Because people are Retards and get brainwashed by a few 18 foot jumpers from a 7 footer.

To think how laughable it is that someone around here recently claimed Z was tougher than Pau Gasol. Yeah, the 3rd team ALL-NBA Pau Gasol. That one. Obviously it was just a Cavs fan though.

And those same guys on TNT never say that about Z and routinely call him one of the best big men in the league.

Pau made All NBA based on his offensive production. Gasol is Gasoft and that is showing big in the HOU series. Dude is getting worked by 6'8 guys.

I'll guarentee that I watch more Cavs than anyone on this board in the past 12 years. 100% guarentee. I was watching all 82 games when they were winning about 15 of them.

As far as Zydrunas goes, there's a big difference between running up to the guy and ACTING like you want to do something... and actually doing it. If you ever watch TNT with Barkley and them, they are constantly making fun of players for posturing and pretending to want to fight but really having no interest in it. Maybe if Z was half as tough as most Cavs fans think he'd body up on somebody once in his career instead of using his hands to protect his body. People will get on Braylon for dropping a pass to protect his body from contact, but they won't say a word about Zydrunas for giving up position, rebounds and points because he does things to protect his body from contact. Why? Because people are Retards and get brainwashed by a few 18 foot jumpers from a 7 footer.

Remember when Rasheed Wallace literally laughed in Ilgauskus' face when they got in the scuffle a few years ago? That's what the whole NBA thinks of him. They have respect for his 18 foot jumper, but none for any other part of his game or toughness.

Yeah he's played a lot of seasons in a row now, and the reason is that his priorities are as follows:

1. Avoid contact

2. Help the Cavs win

You might want to go back and watch the fourth quarter of game 7 against the Celtics last year, and see which joke WNBA player for the Cavs allowed PJ Brown to be the Celtics go to guy in the fourth quarter while LeBron locked down Pierce and Big Gay Ben locked down Kevin Garnett. Hint: he's the one you originally probably thought had a great game because he's 7'3'' and hit a few jumpers.

Z's one of the best human beings in the NBA and I love him as a person, but Cavs fans need to get over this idea that he's tough.

Toughness regarding Z ain't an issue, and never was in my book. Oh, I've finally seen enough of Gasol to come around to your opinion that Gasol is better than Z- but not enough to make a statistical difference.

1. They don't love each other. They put up fronts in interviews and say the right things, but specifically Kobe does not like LeBron. He has a huge amount of resentment because of how quickly LeBron has shot up in the NBA. And it resonates through his body language and everything else he does. He resents LeBron. And watching the Olympics when they tried to outshine each other (and incidentally LeBron outshined Kobe by about 100%, though Kobe still gets more credit because he's the Hollywood Golden Boy) you could see the resentment from Kobe. It almost got to the point where you could see him pimping Wade just to downplay LeBron. He gets along with Wade way better than Bron.

2. Artest got under the skin like he's supposed to, and Kobe threw an elbow. One was legal, one was not. The call was correct.

As far as last night goes, they completely blew a call when they put a technical on Kobe for doing nothing and having Artest overreact to it.

And this in a nutshell is why I hate Kobe with a passion. He has the biggest ego in sports I've seen since Dion Sanders.

LeBron- the anti-Kobe

Toughness regarding Z ain't an issue, and never was in my book. Oh, I've finally seen enough of Gasol to come around to your opinion that Gasol is better than Z- but not enough to make a statistical difference.

It's not enough of a difference?

18.8 ppg and 8.7 rpg vs. 14.4 and 7.9 is a statistical difference significant enough to consider. And considering that Z's points mostly come directly from LeBron's double teams, and Gasol never had that for the early part of his career and operates on his own out of the post even with Kobe, I think theres a bigger gap than those stats indicate.

Gasol just LED the Lakers to a game 7 victory today ... you can't find one game in the past three or four years where Z led the Cavs to a victory like that, playoffs or not. Gasol was the Western Conference player of the month in February and Zydrunas simply doesn't make enough of an impact to ever get that type of award.

He's great for jumpers IF someone creates the shot for him, which is why he should be washing LeBron's feet for how many times he's made Z look good the past 6 years.

Let's just hope Z gets a little physical for once in his career this upcoming series and doesn't let Howard dominate the whole damn thing.

Here's a little stat for some of you guys to consider: Pau Gasol was voted into all-NBA third team BUT he actually did get two all-NBA FIRST team votes. Guess who didn't get any votes for any of the three teams? Pillowskus.

As far as defense goes, theres no stat or anything to reference. Neither guy is physical. I'd say Gasol avoids contact less than Zydrunas and plays with more energy and effort. It doesn't hurt Zydrunas be hiding in the shadows of Ben Wallace, Andy V, LeBron, and Delonte so people can't see how poor he is at it.

How many times have you seen Z try to "one-hand" a rebound and not haul it in because intead of using two hands, he's using the other hand down low to create separation and position instead of bodying up because he's scared of contact? And have the time he gets called for a foul because of it. That's the shit I can't stand.

Guest Masters

4pts and 1 rebound is not much of a statistical difference. The majority of Z's points do not come soley from double teams of James. Heck, teams don't even double Lebron every time. Z didn't have Lebron early in his career, yet he has solid career numbers similar to Gasols. Heck, Z played on teams as bad as the Griz teams Gasol played on. Z also operates on his own w/o Lebron in the game. Just as Gasol sees free shots because of doubles to Kobe.

I can find one game in this season where Z lead the Cavs to victory (that was a team effort by LA, not just Gasol yesterday). I submit for you CLE vs TOR on Feb 18th. I could find multiple games last season, and then there is the 07' NBA finals run. Z came up big for CLE in the series against WAS and DET.

On a team w/ James it's awefuly tough for Z or any other player in the east to come up with the player of the month award. But lets not act like Z has never been mentioned for awards. He is a multiple time all-star.

Z does not hide in the shadows of those guys. Heck, two of them weren't there in 07' (with one just starting to develop), and they weren't there half of last year.

I have Z one hand as many times as Gasol. Because both guys like to go up with one hand to tip, not rebound. I don't always like it, but it is both their styles and really a European style of play for big men.

Gasol has a slight edge on Z, mostly because of age. Ones on the back side and one is coming into his prime.

Let's also keep in mind Gasol is the number 2 option for LA and has to be. Z isn't that for CLE and doesn't need to be.

Kobe is one of the best players I've ever seen.

That said, he's a childish punk bitch. A guy at his level needs to play with more class than he does. He lowers himself to the competition (Artest) instead of setting the example like LeBron or MJ. Kobe was a pampered upper class kid who adopted a street thug mentality when he made it to the NBA right out of highschool, but still whined when he couldn't win without Shaq. If the finals end up being Cleveland/LA, LeBron is going to prove once and for all who the best player in the world is when he quotes Austin Carr and tells Kobe "get that weak stuff out of here" as he denies him left and right.

Oh yeah, and last year LeBron was the MVP but Kobe got his "lifetime achievement" award since the NBA snubbed him during Nash's second title.

Kobe is one of the best players I've ever seen.

That said, he's a childish punk bitch. A guy at his level needs to play with more class than he does. He lowers himself to the competition (Artest) instead of setting the example like LeBron or MJ. Kobe was a pampered upper class kid who adopted a street thug mentality when he made it to the NBA right out of highschool, but still whined when he couldn't win without Shaq. If the finals end up being Cleveland/LA, LeBron is going to prove once and for all who the best player in the world is when he quotes Austin Carr and tells Kobe "get that weak stuff out of here" as he denies him left and right.

Oh yeah, and last year LeBron was the MVP but Kobe got his "lifetime achievement" award since the NBA snubbed him during Nash's second title.

Yeah, Kobe's moving up on the all-time scoring list- he'll crack the top 10 for sure, and Kareem's all time record is not out of the question if he can stay healthy and score at his current rate for another 6-7 years. But outside of LA, he's never going to get the love MJ did. Colorado ensured that.

And did poor widdle Kobe get his feelings all hurt when none other than Jerry West said LeBron has surpassed Kobe? Too bad it's true. In my book KB beats LBJ in one aspect- and that's outside shooting, and LeBron's catching up fast.

" I don't think Kobe is the best player. I'm the best player. There's a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don't cross that line but I have a lot of confidence in myself." - Pierce

That in my opinion is what being cocky is all about ! who cared about paul pussy before KG and Ray Allen got to the celtics and won the title ?

Guest Masters
That in my opinion is what being cocky is all about ! who cared about paul pussy before KG and Ray Allen got to the celtics and won the title ?

A lot of people cared about a guy who averaged 20pts, 6 boards, and 4 ast a night on really bad teams. He just didn't get the national media love because BOS was terrible. Paul ain't as good as Kobe for sure, but he ain't no slouch either (before or after the arrival of KG and Allen).

Archived