THE BROWNS BOARD

Sheldon richardson

Russell78

I dont disagree....and I wasnt implying it would prevent us from signing others.....just thought it was a poor investment to pay FA $ for a player yet to be named.....most 2nd rounders are more like $1m a year....so 16m just for the right to draft one seems extraordinarily high to me....

And I wish they WOULD spend some of that money....very disappointed with the FA period again.....(and not vendetta, just honest feelings)

Ill paint the one picture where this move looks great....we got a 2nd rounder next year(which makes 3)....

So........IF we dont draft a QB this year(huge if)...because its a MUST for this to be great......then we use that pick(and others) to get pick #1.....then use THAT pick to get our next franchise QB.....then, Im down.....

Otherwise, forgetaboutit

And you need to stop thinking the world revolves around you. Tour has sage advice.

Which apparently you failed to grasp... ergo your opening sentence.

And I say the above "at you" as a Board friend looking forward to some Austin beers and music with you. But one of the reasons we have running discussions, and disagreements about, football is that I let your occasional comment on me, direct and indirect, go.

Why you, when I do not do the same with the Uma's and Ghoolie's and Mikey's and s-shorts's on the board? Various reasons, but mostly because you know something about football and I can tolerate an ego of your size.

Another is my general approach which is to share and understand points of view, not try to convince. Something in common with most of those with whom I regularly engage here. Close to, if not at the top of, that list is Mud, who constructs as detailed and as rational arguments as any on the board. Yet despite his often considerable time investment in the discussion, I find him willing, in the end, to part agreeing to disagree. At least unless it gets personal...

Now back to the two of youse...

Who started what when by posting whatever is immaterial at this point, but you two are now at each other. And just as others did for me in some of my running battles of the past, and there have been a few, I am pointing this out to both of you.

Sometimes one can walk away... be "the bigger man"... but more often it takes both.

Call a truce... both of you, walk away... let some time pass. If you are lucky, then you can reset and engage in at some point in the future and actually enjoy doing so.

It can happen.

If you don't believe me, ask TCPO... who actually drove me away from this forum... I mean who I chose to walk away from... for months. When I returned the reset was astonishing. Won't speak for him as to how he finds my end of our discussions, but now he's one of those that vies to be atop the list of posters I mentioned above.

I hope the two of you have the same experience I did...

... and that's all I have to say about that.

EDIT: Looks like I missed a good start...

TCPO is bar none my favorite poster. How could you leave over that guy?!

Trust me... you had to be there...

Once upon a time TC was more than a little... ummm... how to put this... belligerent. He could and would piece together attacks that would make Ghoolie say, "Damn, that's harsh."

But people change... even on the internet... thank God...

Archived