THE BROWNS BOARD

NFL 2017 Schedule Release

The Gipper

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me? No...a bit too far for me and the timing doesn't really work that well. I know some of the other guys are planning on the trip.

Yea, I need to talk to them. Like I said, I would love to, but it would not be politically correct for me to go sans spouse. Not that she would want to deprive me of going, just that she would be pissed about me going without her since she has to stay and work. (school employee) Houston/SoCal still far more viable.

Ah, see how Ghoolie wisdom eventually comes to you all. i have been saying that most here, are sheep. I also use words like jackoff, dickhead, urethra yodelers, but...you get it.

Why is this even a thread? Who gives a flying fuck when the schedules are released? Oh my God, this is earth shattering......... LOOK LOOOK LOOK YOU MOTHERFUCKERS........................... The Browns are going to play against other teams. WOW this is important shit.

Some of us have potential designs on attending a road game or two, and travel plans have to be made if that is to happen. That is why it is important, at least for me. I mean, don't you get that? We also have potential conflicts in our schedules, some need to secure vacation time from work (not me so much as I am self-employed, but others do) so we need to know those dates to plan around them.

And, if a group of us is going and plan to meet up, then we have to coordinate with each other.

The wife is an energetic Vikings fan so we're seriously considering the trip to London.

Week 8: Oct. 29 - Minnesota Vikings (London) - 9:30 a.m./NFL Network[/size]

Checking airfares this AM... not what they were 15 years ago, but very doable. Even less if I want to make a day of travel... fly Turkish Airlines... and connect in Istanbul. What could go wrong? B)

Planning to attend the game @ Houston (Bro-in-law is season ticket holder) then following Mon or Tues looking at :

• Roundtrip Houston to London, and
  • open jaws Houston-Paris/London-Houston.

Puts the London game right at the end of the trip. A lot of logistics left to sort out, but working on it...

What's the ticket situation for the game? Are there block sales? Do you have a Paypal account? :)

PUB CRAWL... 2017!!!

I might end up going to the Texans game...

See you there... where there TBD...

LOL! Ah, but one of my favorite trips was on the metro in Barcelona sitting next to a beautiful dark haired beauty using my best Spanish while passing it off as very poor and underutilized. Had her laughing by the end of the ride and telling me how my Spanish was "muy bonito". I explained that it wasn't Spanish like her Castillian, it was "Venezolano". That's kind of like saying you don't speak the King's English, just Texanese or Bronxian. She laughed all the way off at her stop. :lol: :lol: As that other song goes, "Those were the days my friend, we thought they'd never end" :D

Have yet to do Spain... Next London game? Side trip to Espania? I imagine we could even find a racketball court. You know CPR... don't you?

In case you are all wondering why I am all over this thread, it is because it may be the first time that I can combine my two main "hobbies" into a single venture. Travel, and Browns football. Now, as some of you may know, I am not really a big fan of the in stadium game experience. I may go to one game a year. I prefer watching the games on TV. But, if I can combine my wanderlust with a Browns game, I think it is worth the effort.

So, FYI, I started a tradition 20 years ago of doing a fall (and a few at other times) "guys" trip. I often would book them over the Columbus Day Holiday as at one time my part time government job allowed me off on the Monday Columbus Day Holiday. And so began:

The Gipper's Columbus Day "Discover America" Trips.

Here is a list of all such "Discover America" trips that I have taken:

1997: New Mexico, Santa Fe, Taos, Angel Fire

1998: The Dakotas, Badlands, Black Hills, Theo. Roosevelt NP

1999: Nevada, Lake Tahoe, Sacramento, Yosemite

2000: Canadian Rockies: Calgary, Banff, Glacier NP

2001: Arizona: Tuscon, Yuma, Tombstone

2002: Colorado: Breckenridge, Aspen, Black Canyon, Rocky Mountain NP

2003: California: Death Valley, Yosemite, Sequoia/Kings Canyon, Joshua Tree

2004: Florida Panhandle, Panama City, Mobile, Montgomery

2005: Utah southern: Bryce Canyon, Zion, Capitol Reef, Great Basin, North Rim of Grand Canyon

2007. Spring break: Arkansas, Hot Springs, Little Rock, Shreveport

2008: Washington state: Vancouver, Victoria, Olympic, North Cascades, Mt. Rainier

2009: The Cayman Islands

2010: Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

2011: Arizona: Scottsdale, Sedona, Prescott, Apache Trail

2012: Hawaii, The Big Island, Molokai

2013: Pennsylvania/New Jersey: Delaware Water Gap, Poconos/Catskills

2014A: Georgia northern, Atlanta, SW North Carolina, NW South Carolina

2014B: Montana, Yellowstone, Butte, Missoula, Anaconda, Billings

2015A: Utah, Park City, Salt Lake City, Flaming Gorge, Ogden

2015B: Texas, San Antonio, Midland, Odessa, Lubbock, Amarillo, Abilene

2016A: Spring: Alabama, Florida Tallahassee, Georgia

2016B: Idaho, Boise, Craters of the Moon, Twin Falls, Eastern Oregon

And I still have a "Bucket List" of about 15 additional itineraries that I have in mind for these trips, among them Southern Cal, and Louisiana Bayou country, which is fairly adjacent to Houston (New Orleans/Lafayette/Lake Charles). Either of these could be combined with a Browns away game tailgate if a group is to get together.

I hope you plan on a book and book tour. :huh:

lol... Two things I know about me and gambling... I love it too much and I am bad at it.

Did you not see my finish in Pro Pick'em last season?

Then again... I did win College Pick'em... and I am overdue for a Pro hot streak...

So maybe a quid on a 5-team parley... or better yet 6... hmmmm...

lol... Two things I know about me and gambling... I love it too much and I am bad at it.

Did you not see my finish in Pro Pick'em last season?...

Oh that book! I was thinking about The Gipper's long overdue travel guide and visits to the mall bookstores. :lol:

Unfortunately Gip we have round trip non-refundable tickets to Madrid and back so London is out as an option. We had to get all the reservations in for the paradores well in advance along with the flights because even when we did them the paradores were almost full in more than a couple of locations. Looking forward to the entire trip that will include going to one of the oldest still operating ancient Roman aqueducts.

Oh that book! I was thinking about The Gipper's long overdue travel guide and visits to the mall bookstores. :lol:

If someone would pay me I might do it. But, in the meantime, in the Barbershop, there is a thread entitled "The Gipper's Guide to America". You should read that thread.

Unfortunately Gip we have round trip non-refundable tickets to Madrid and back so London is out as an option. We had to get all the reservations in for the paradores well in advance along with the flights because even when we did them the paradores were almost full in more than a couple of locations. Looking forward to the entire trip that will include going to one of the oldest still operating ancient Roman aqueducts.

Will they not allow a "change order" for an additional fee? Most airlines will do that. Or are you on a tour group?

Also...is there still an notion of doing a Browns Board London Tailgate? I personally have about a 1% chance of going (chances for me are much much higher for a SoCal trip)

If so, and a group of you need accommodations, I may be able to help. I have access through my exchange group account to some 2BR condos that may be available on the week of that game. In theory, you could put 6 people in a unit, but 4 is more likely:

In London proper, there are units for around $1600.00 for a week. This is a full 7 nights stay. If 4 of you went together, that would be about $400.00 a piece for the week for your stay.

Outside London there is a place in Canterbury....in the English countryside about 55 miles southeast of London. 2BR for about $760.00 or $190.00 apiece split 4 ways.

London:

https://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=1503&resortCode=CIF&parentResortCode=CIF#.WPexTNQrK9I

Canterbury:

https://www.intervalworld.com/web/cs?a=1503&resortCode=RVB&parentResortCode=RVB#.WPexjNQrK9I

This from Canterbury resort website:

For owners wishing to venture further afield, London can be reached by train within 1 hour and 40 minutes from Canterbury train station and travelling to Paris or Brussels couldn't be easier, simply take the Eurotunnel train from Ashford International rail terminal.

If I were to book one of these, and get a group to go along to split the cost of a 2 BR 4 ways, it would actually be less expensive for me to do this than to do a trip to either Houston or SoCal, staying in hotel/motels. (at least as far as the stay is concerned). The airfare may be a different story.

Plus I would have to get my passport renewed.

LOOK LOOOK LOOOOOK LOOK YOU MOTHER FUCKERS The Browns are going to play some teams.

Oh, I get it, you want get in on one of those 0 - 1- 19 games. Yeah, by all means dude, use your vacation. LMAO.

I go on vacation anyway. Didn't you see my post on that? If it just so happens that my travel can coincide with a Browns game in an area that I want to travel, why not?

Other people have their areas of interest, just like you. You what, play the bagpipes? Traveling is mine Do you never travel? Or do you just sit at home on your ass in Memphis?

And when/why did YOU become such a bitter old man? You are probably of a similar age as me. I have gone through the same shit with the Browns as you have...only more up close because I live here and see and here Browns news/talk on TV and radio every single day. How often do they talk about the Cleveland Brown's woes on radio and TV in Memphis?

Why is it that I have more fortitude to stick with my team through thick and thin....to the point of malnutrition, where you do not have that fortitude?

Character flaw on your part? Growing up 50 miles closer to Pittsburgh than I did? (Akron vs. Youngstown).

Sorry, but you won't see me frakking off to become a Raiders fan...or a fan of any other team regardless of where I may end up retiring.

With you being our resident lineologist, I assumed...

With you being our resident lineologist, I assumed...

What's a lineologist? :huh:

Better mention something about 2017 schedules, glad to see the BROWNS in 9:30 am London since they have no primetime games.

....oh the Steelers have five.

Schedule looks brutal....not seeing too many "wins" early.....0-8 could be a possibility at the bye.....maybe 1-7 if we find a way to beat the Bungals or the Jets.....

Yup hard to see five wins... but not hard to see at least five games we can be "in"... especially if we pump up the D in the draft.

But ain't no brutal like NYG's brutal... saw where they are going to get around 22 fewer days of prep time than their opponents due to catching teams coming off bye weeks, Thursday Night games, etc.

Yup hard to see five wins... but not hard to see at least five games we can be "in"... especially if we pump up the D in the draft.

Yep......five wins would be beyond my expectations.....but, "being in 5 games"?.....thats realistic

Yep......five wins would be beyond my expectations.....but, "being in 5 games"?.....thats realistic

Plus there's always a couple surprise "ins"...

... and an "in" is a "win" minus the "w"...

Damn... what a difference one letter makes...

You never know.....was just a couple seasons ago where we torn off 7 wins in 10 games, before our QB melted down.....so anything is possible

You never know.....was just a couple seasons ago where we torn off 7 wins in 10 games, before our QB melted down.....so anything is possible

Yup and if you look at how we did it in 2014, it was a good game managing QB, behind one of the league's best unit of "fatasses", a revolving door of rookie RBs and a who's "who is that?" WR/TE corps. Oh... plus a porous D, but one with some ball-hawking DBs.

Sounds similar excepting the ball-hawking bit...

Yup and if you look at how we did it in 2014, it was a good game managing QB, behind one of the league's best unit of "fatasses", a revolving door of rookie RBs and a who's "who is that?" WR/TE corps. Oh... plus a porous D, but one with some ball-hawking DBs.

Sounds similar excepting the ball-hawking bit...

Right.....3 outta 4 db's to the pro-bowl.....we need to get back to that type of D Bfield......

Im a firm believer in momentum....both ways......so, Hue has to get us going the right way....EARLY.....for things to fall into place...

An O fer start could trigger outrageous flashblacks and pstd symptoms in the guys who endured last season.....here we go again syndrome......we cant have that

What's a lineologist? :huh:

Better mention something about 2017 schedules, glad to see the BROWNS in 9:30 am London since they have no primetime games.

....oh the Steelers have five.

Steelers will be mediocre...but that may still be enough to win the division....as the Bengals and Ravens are below mediocre. And then there are the Browns. I predict they will be tougher than people think.

Last year, 6 teams made the playoffs that did not make it the year before. So there is always that in the back of our minds.

Steelers will be mediocre...

I dunno...their offense is one of the best. Dan Rooney passes, Big Ben retirement rumors...those SOBs will make a run at a SB again.

Archived