THE BROWNS BOARD

Allahu Akbar

OldBrownsFan

Man kills 3 people in shootings in downtown Fresno

A man shot and killed three people in downtown Fresno on Tuesday before surrendering to authorities, the Fresno Police Department said.

The suspect was identified as Kori Ali Muhammad, a 39-year-old man who was wanted in connection with the shooting death of a security guard outside a motel Thursday, said Police Chief Jerry Dyer. The FBI has been notified of the shooting deaths.

“This was a random act of violence,” Dyer said.

The gunfire erupted at 10:45 a.m. in the 300 block of North Van Ness Avenue. A few seconds later, a second shooting was reported. A third shooting was reported, then a fourth.

In less than a minute, Dyer said, 16 shots were fired at the four different locations.

“As he was taken into custody, he yelled out ‘Allahu Akbar,’” Dyer said.

At least three of the victims were white, Dyer said.

Dyer said Muhammad had expressed hatred toward white people and the government.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-fresno-shooting-20170418-story.html

Was listening to NPR on the way to work today.

They literally introduced the story as "a man with an unknown motive," then proceeded to play the audio of the police chief saying that there is anti-white hate speech on his facebook. Then, the radio host states that "he yelled 'Allah is great' in Arabic."

Yeah, I guess we'll never untangle his motive. I cannot for the life of me understand why people are jumping through hoops to avoid saying that he was an Islamic extremist.

Was listening to NPR on the way to work today.

They literally introduced the story as "a man with an unknown motive," then proceeded to play the audio of the police chief saying that there is anti-white hate speech on his facebook. Then, the radio host states that "he yelled 'Allah is great' in Arabic."

Yeah, I guess we'll never untangle his motive. I cannot for the life of me understand why people are jumping through hoops to avoid saying that he was an Islamic extremist.

As if we needed more reasons to not federally fund NPR.

WSS

Archived