THE BROWNS BOARD

Something different

Oldcrow1945

I've been debating whether or not to start this thread but at the request of Bean I've decided to do it. He convinced when he said it would give Tribe fans something to read or think about other than the Tribe.

My daughter, a switch hitting centerfielder is a junior for the division III 3rd ranked Hillsdale Falcons. They were #1 in the state for a while but myseriously dropped to third in the last poll. It was especially surprising considering the the Falcons had just went 4-0 in the annual Wendy's classic by defeating two Illinios state powers in Lake Park and Bartlett.

Two weekend's past they played Ohio's Division I ranked #2 team, the Greenville Lady Wave and came away with a 4-0 win in that game. The Lady Falcons are now 18-1 and after games this Monday and Wednesday, the girls will be heading into state tourney play this Friday as they play the winner of Elyria Catholic and Oberlin.

We are really excited for our daughter and this team. Hillsdale was been in the final four 9 times and won 4 state championships but one of the coaches, who is a friend of mine, believes this may be the best team they've ever had at HHS.

After the loss to Hillsdale, the Greenville manager said he thought it was one of the best softball teams he had ever seen. Pretty high praise coming from a manager who won a state championship in Div. 1 in 2007 and whose seniors have won over 100 games in their high school career.

Carly, my daughter is a really good kid. She's very active in her church and went on a couple mission trips to Mexico.

She's one of those kids you look at and wonder where she got it because it wasn't from me.

The first few pics are Carly. I'll attach a few of her HHS teammates as well. The Shortstop is all Ohio and headed for Bowling Green to play softball. The Greenville manager said she's the best player in the state.

The pitcher is all Ohio as well and is head to Walsh next year. She has been completely dominating as of late. In her last 47 innings she has given up 2 runs and has thrown two no hitters.

c127.jpg

c124.jpg

C33.jpg

erin12.jpg

Hey, if we can put up with Stan pimping high school boys who aren't even related to him (way odd, possibly alert the authorities level of oddness), we can sure as hell become fans of the Falcons. Please keep us updated on her season bud.

Beanpot

The Falcons are now 20-1. Soppose to play Wednesday, Thursday, Friday state Tourney game and Saturday the girls are doing a benefit game. "Strike out Cancer". They and Rittman will be wearing pink Jerseys and raising money for cancer research.

Here are a few more pics.

tawn5.jpg

erin7-1.jpg

This is my girl hitting from the left side

c1-2.jpg

And this is Carly again hitting from the right

c85.jpg

"Swings like a girl" doesn't have the same meaning any more. These girls have better form than I did.

rav7-1.jpg

This is Hannah Fulk. Will be attending Bowling Green on a softball scholie

HANNAH5.jpg

Hannah again

hannah10.jpg

My daughter in center

c120.jpg

The HHS girls will be playing in the district Semi finals against Columbia Station in North Ridgeville on Thursday the 21st.

Hillsdale ended up ranked #1 in the state in the final division III poll. Columbia Station finished 8th. Should be a really good match up.

If any of you guys are in the area stop by. It should be a fun game to watch.

Archived