THE BROWNS BOARD

Caleb Brantley

LondonBrown

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...small world Ags....we met and started dating in the 9th grade too....got married at 18....struck out and started our business ....and have never looked back.....

Struck out?

That's sweet. Wish people still got married that early. Marriage is so important to a society.

Ummm... not even... ummmm... you know... ummm... a lil hanky panky spanky?

Well in fact she was leaning over the top loading washer just the other day which she has trouble with due to being "height impaired" and asked me to "please reach in and grab those things for me." I don't understand at all why it surprised her that I reached right in for what I was sure she was really dangling there for me while leaning over that way. Then she hit me so I just ignored it without hitting back and got the clothes out instead. The rest I'll compose for Penthouse, but there is still life after 70, even after prostate surgery. :D :D

Interestingly enough, there are many women who privately share the opinion of Mud's wife, in that "If a drunk woman hits a man, she deserves to be knocked on her ass." I say "privately" because many women don't want to share that opinion publicly because the feminist movement will be all over them, and many women I know don't want to seem like they're against "the cause". Very similar to some of my black friends despising the "black lives matter" movement. They believe their tactics are horrid, but they wouldn't ever say that publicly because of the backlash. Anyways, a few of my women friends are also tired of the double standard. How boys are taught from a young age that "you never hit a girl, no matter what!" and things like that. Watch a few of these awful videos that show the football players hitting the women (check out the Florida State QB a couple of years ago, Joe Mixon, and I think there's another...) What do you notice about the videos? What you notice is that the women aren't remotely scared of these men. They literally have NO FEAR, no possible thought that the men might hit them. Where do you think that comes from? Biology provides a very basic "fight or flight", and that is hard-wired into our brain. We immediately size up the danger, and then our body takes the appropriate measure. The FSU QB video and Joe Mixon video completely prove my point, in that BOTH men showed the women that they were GOING to get physical, but the women didn't back off. Joe Mixon "flinched" at the woman, like pretending he was going to hit the woman so she'd back off. He didn't haul off and deck her at the first sign of confrontation. Have gave her indication that he was going to hit her if she didn't back off, and what does she do? She freaking doubles down on her aggression! She goes RIGHT back at him. Why would she do that? Wouldn't her hard-wired "fight or flight" reflex take over? Nope. It sure wouldn't. Why you ask? Because of what I said earlier. Women have been taught from basically toddler-hood that boys aren't allowed to hit them, so when that's been ensconced into their brains from essentially birth, natural fear doesn't exist. How else could you explain a small women physically provoking a giant man? A man at the pinnacle of physical shape?

Hitting a women goes against my personal code, so it's hard for me to "accept" what has happened in these recent cases. The thing is, it's easy for everybody else to criticize the reaction of these YOUNG MEN when they aren't the ones being hit. Has anybody on this forum ever been punched, kicked, or attacked? What was your initial reaction? Was it to walk away? I've been hit ONE TIME by a woman, and let me tell you, my first reaction was NOT to walk away. My first reaction was to punch her. Now, in the split-second BEFORE my brain threw that punch, I was able to gather myself and walk away. I was also 25 years old, and I wasn't drunk (she was). Now, imagine you play a physically violent sport. Imagine that since about 10 years old, you've been playing this sport at the highest level. Never really using your "flight" response, because if you did, you'd be cut. You'd lose your scholorship, or whatever. You aren't allowed to run from a fight on the field. I completely realize people should be able to differentiate between "the field and real life", but these actions by these football players WEREN'T premeditated. They were responses to aggression.

I might not condone it, but I see how it happens. What really pisses me off is how the women in these cases NEVER TAKE ANY PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for what happened. The EFFING FOOTBALL player is ALWAYS on the news, paraded around the circuit, giving apology after apology. You don't hear ONE WORD from the "victims". All it does is teach women they can do whatever they want, and it also teaches that men can make one split-second mistake and ruin their lives. I don't know what the answer is, but I know I'm tired of seeing these awful videos.

I was voted 'most likely not to see my 21st birthday'.

LOL! :lol: First moped ride age 14, last motorcycle sold off age 62 (but my son wants to learn this summer and my license is still good, so back on at 70 :D ). Skydiver with jumpmaster's license earned in 20's, Vietnam Infantry 1LT early 20's. "But somehow on and on I go............"

Interestingly enough, there are many women who privately share the opinion of Mud's wife, in that "If a drunk woman hits a man, she deserves to be knocked on her ass." I say "privately" because many women don't want to share that opinion publicly because the feminist movement will be all over them, and many women I know don't want to seem like they're against "the cause". Very similar to some of my black friends despising the "black lives matter" movement. They believe their tactics are horrid, but they wouldn't ever say that publicly because of the backlash. Anyways, a few of my women friends are also tired of the double standard. How boys are taught from a young age that "you never hit a girl, no matter what!" and things like that. Watch a few of these awful videos that show the football players hitting the women (check out the Florida State QB a couple of years ago, Joe Mixon, and I think there's another...) What do you notice about the videos? What you notice is that the women aren't remotely scared of these men. They literally have NO FEAR, no possible thought that the men might hit them. Where do you think that comes from? Biology provides a very basic "fight or flight", and that is hard-wired into our brain. We immediately size up the danger, and then our body takes the appropriate measure. The FSU QB video and Joe Mixon video completely prove my point, in that BOTH men showed the women that they were GOING to get physical, but the women didn't back off. Joe Mixon "flinched" at the woman, like pretending he was going to hit the woman so she'd back off. He didn't haul off and deck her at the first sign of confrontation. Have gave her indication that he was going to hit her if she didn't back off, and what does she do? She freaking doubles down on her aggression! She goes RIGHT back at him. Why would she do that? Wouldn't her hard-wired "fight or flight" reflex take over? Nope. It sure wouldn't. Why you ask? Because of what I said earlier. Women have been taught from basically toddler-hood that boys aren't allowed to hit them, so when that's been ensconced into their brains from essentially birth, natural fear doesn't exist. How else could you explain a small women physically provoking a giant man? A man at the pinnacle of physical shape?

Hitting a women goes against my personal code, so it's hard for me to "accept" what has happened in these recent cases. The thing is, it's easy for everybody else to criticize the reaction of these YOUNG MEN when they aren't the ones being hit. Has anybody on this forum ever been punched, kicked, or attacked? What was your initial reaction? Was it to walk away? I've been hit ONE TIME by a woman, and let me tell you, my first reaction was NOT to walk away. My first reaction was to punch her. Now, in the split-second BEFORE my brain threw that punch, I was able to gather myself and walk away. I was also 25 years old, and I wasn't drunk (she was). Now, imagine you play a physically violent sport. Imagine that since about 10 years old, you've been playing this sport at the highest level. Never really using your "flight" response, because if you did, you'd be cut. You'd lose your scholorship, or whatever. You aren't allowed to run from a fight on the field. I completely realize people should be able to differentiate between "the field and real life", but these actions by these football players WEREN'T premeditated. They were responses to aggression.

I might not condone it, but I see how it happens. What really pisses me off is how the women in these cases NEVER TAKE ANY PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY for what happened. The EFFING FOOTBALL player is ALWAYS on the news, paraded around the circuit, giving apology after apology. You don't hear ONE WORD from the "victims". All it does is teach women they can do whatever they want, and it also teaches that men can make one split-second mistake and ruin their lives. I don't know what the answer is, but I know I'm tired of seeing these awful videos.

To paraphrase Chris Rock:

"I don't condone it, I don't agree with it, but...<big smile>...I understand."

Well, OK, we took a flyer in the 6th round on a guy with a character issue. But, here is the deal folks: Just looking at things football wise if in fact the Browns feel they have to let him loose, it is not as if they are really taking a big risk there with this 6th round pick.

I have checked...and in all the years since the "Common draft" began in 1966....I see where the Browns have drafted exactly 6 guys in the 6th round that ever amounted to much:

Doug Dieken OL

Ahtyba Rubin DL

Michael Jackson WR

Fred Hoaglin OL

John Demarie OL

Dave Puzzoli DL

In the last 10 years, these guys were our 6th round picks:

Charles Gaines

Malcom Johnson

Randel Telfer

Jamoris Slaughter

Billy Winn

Emanual Acho

Carlton Mitchell

Don Carey

Coy Francies

I think Telfer is the only guy still on the team...and what has he done.

Yeah, CB, Oregon. Round 1 potential but injured badly his last season and we knew he had no chance to play the next year.

I read he had a big time insurance policy on himself where he got paid big time if he wasn't a high draft choice. Must've taken the hunger right outta him because he got cut.

He got cut because his knee was destroyed (torn ACL, PCL, MCL, meniscus, and partially torn patella tendon). He worked his butt off but he was screwed from the moment it happened. He never regained his former ability. This is why these "insurance" policies are in place for situations like his. He may have made a few million but in the grand scheme of things, it cost him tens of millions and his career.

Speaking of insurance policies... saw where Butt is collecting like $545k from his.

Doesn't exactly make up for his rookie contract fall, but as an old friend says, "It's better than a sharp stick in the eye."

Speaking of insurance policies... saw where Butt is collecting like $545k from his.

Doesn't exactly make up for his rookie contract fall, but as an old friend says, "It's better than a sharp stick in the eye."

$545,000? Or what we working stiffs call hitting big in the lottery.

28 Years here - a Vikings / Browns marriage.

30+ for us. Wife started as a Lions fan (grew up in Toledo) her brothers still are. She got converted in the 80s when the Browns were actually decent. It's too late, and too long a story to tell you why she's known as "The Curse" on the Board, but trust me- whenever I take her to a Browns game, bet heavily on the other team, your odds are excellent.

Back OT. If you read a few articles- may look like attempted extortion by the hitee. Like trying to hit future NFL player Brantley up for money to settle out of court. Caleb is taking a calculated risk. OK b**ch, go press charges, you don't have a case. Told his lawyer- she's not getting anything.

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/college/caleb-brantleys-attorney-video-shows-complainant-walking-away/2321510

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/florida-gators/swamp-things-blog/os-sp-gators-caleb-brantley-battery-settlement-20170425-story.html

From the articles... "The video begins with one woman speaking to Brantley and his friends, who are off camera. Witnesses told Johnson that the woman propositioned Brantley for sex earlier in the evening."

"Jason Cole, NFL writer for Bleacher Reporter, tweeted on Tuesday the bar owner said the woman "repeatedly" hit Brantley in chest and arms. A security guard said she punched Brantley in mouth, according to Cole, who resides in Gainesville. The security guard told Cole the woman was not unconscious and Brantley did not throw a punch."

So who ya gonna believe, the hoe's friends or the bar owner and security guard?

Sort of the same deal with Gareon Conley.

30+ for us. Wife started as a Lions fan (grew up in Toledo) her brothers still are. She got converted in the 80s when the Browns were actually decent. It's too late, and too long a story to tell you why she's known as "The Curse" on the Board, but trust me- whenever I take her to a Browns game, bet heavily on the other team, your odds are excellent.

LOL! When my son was 6 we took him to the A&M Baylor game in1985 which we lost on a 2 point overtime conversion. After we took him to other games the next few years, we lost every one that my wife attended until my son banned her for life. Finally he lifted the ban because we were going to play Baylor again 20 years after that first loss of that game in 1985 and Baylor had not beaten us since. You guessed it. We lost again and the ban was back on. Finally I took her to a cupcake game after the new stadium was completed last year and the 100,000+ were able to lift us past "THE CURSE". :D :D

"Jason Cole, NFL writer for Bleacher Reporter, tweeted on Tuesday the bar owner said the woman "repeatedly" hit Brantley in chest and arms. A security guard said she punched Brantley in mouth, according to Cole, who resides in Gainesville. The security guard told Cole the woman was not unconscious and Brantley did not throw a punch."

Some security guard... more like the (LifeLock?) commercial's "security monitor"...

Some security guard... more like the (LifeLock?) commercial's "security monitor"...

Or in the dentist chair when the dental monitor goes to lunch.

LOL! When my son was 6 we took him to the A&M Baylor game in1985 which we lost on a 2 point overtime conversion. After we took him to other games the next few years, we lost every one that my wife attended until my son banned her for life. Finally he lifted the ban because we were going to play Baylor again 20 years after that first loss of that game in 1985 and Baylor had not beaten us since. You guessed it. We lost again and the ban was back on. Finally I took her to a cupcake game after the new stadium was completed last year and the 100,000+ were able to lift us past "THE CURSE". :D :D

OK Ag- the story of the wife's curse is similar. We were at the Browns- Jets double OT game way back in the 80s. Late 4th quarter, and it's looking real bad for the Browns. Wife decides to use her ultimate whammy. "Lord, if the Browns win this game, I don't care if I ever see them win another one." Request granted. I'll never forget seeing people running back into the stadium after Kosar tied it with a TD pass. Lost track of how many games in Cleveland, plus at least 4 in Detroit, and 2 in Kansas City. One time we were very late for a game and the Browns were up 14-0 on the Steelers. As soon as she got in the stadium- you guessed it- the Steelers scored the next 21 points. Well, around 25 years later- we were at another Browns- Jets game in Cleveland, they won. Tears were shed. Thought "The Curse" was finally lifted, but that win was an aberration- I don't think she's seen another winning game since.

MKC article... FWIW...

Browns' Caleb Brantley not yet formally charged with misdemeanor battery

The original police report described Brantley as the victim in the incident outside a Gainesville bar on April 13. But the sworn affidavit filed four days later stated that Brantley punched Florida student Chelsea Austin in the face with a closed fist, knocking her unconscious and displacing a tooth that will require a root canal.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_caleb_brantley_not_yet.html

MKC article... FWIW...

Browns' Caleb Brantley not yet formally charged with misdemeanor battery

The original police report described Brantley as the victim in the incident outside a Gainesville bar on April 13. But the sworn affidavit filed four days later stated that Brantley punched Florida student Chelsea Austin in the face with a closed fist, knocking her unconscious and displacing a tooth that will require a root canal.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2017/05/browns_caleb_brantley_not_yet.html

Read the article- it's a he said, she said situation. Who's got the more believable witnesses. That they haven't charged him yet is significant. The hitee must have a pretty weak case. And as I said earlier, if she was willing to drop it for $$$ tells you all you need to know about her intentions.

Read the article- it's a he said, she said situation. Who's got the more believable witnesses. That they haven't charged him yet is significant. The hitee must have a pretty weak case. And as I said earlier, if she was willing to drop it for $$$ tells you all you need to know about her intentions.

Yup, im glad he told that hoe to kick rocks, she has already cost him enough money.

Mary Kay Cabot is reporting that Brantley's attorney recently said she expects her client to be cleared of all charges "soon". Just about every attorney on the planet says these things about their clients, so I'm not sure it's worth getting excited about, but it beats hearing the opposite. If Brantley IS cleared, and our team is comfortable with him, we could have a steal on our hands. Didn't Brantley have a 2nd or 3rd round grade from most sources? I know I heard 1st round grade at one time, but I doubt it was true in a draft this deep with defensive talent. Still...getting a player like this in the 6th round could prove to be a wise investment. *fingers crossed*

He was rapidly falling prior to the alleged assault allegations due to motor issues, or lack thereof.

Mary Kay Cabot is reporting that Brantley's attorney recently said she expects her client to be cleared of all charges "soon". Just about every attorney on the planet says these things about their clients, so I'm not sure it's worth getting excited about, but it beats hearing the opposite. If Brantley IS cleared, and our team is comfortable with him, we could have a steal on our hands. Didn't Brantley have a 2nd or 3rd round grade from most sources? I know I heard 1st round grade at one time, but I doubt it was true in a draft this deep with defensive talent. Still...getting a player like this in the 6th round could prove to be a wise investment. *fingers crossed*

Way safer risk than the Bengals taking Mixon in the second round. Joe has supposedly apologized, but but with a mentor like Pacman Jones, can he stay out of trouble? 6th round is extremely low risk. Sashi has already told Caleb what's expected of him if he sticks. Here's the complete list of Browns draft picks, going way back. Since 1999, you can count the guys we drafted 5th round or lower that have actually contributed on the fingers of one hand. Looking at it, it brought back memories of a guy (appropriately named) we drafted in the 7th round- Brad Smelly.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?teamId=1050&type=team

With something like this, if he hasn't been charged yet, will he? This story broke about two weeks ago, right? What kind of new evidence can be out there? Are the police suddenly going to stumble into conclusive evidence that he punched this gold digger?

Archived