THE BROWNS BOARD

'Twas the Night Before Christmas...

Suomi

I recognize Sashi admitted that the Browns had decided two weeks ago who they'd draft with the first pick. But I had a Browns-ian daydream nightmare tonight. What if the front office is still split on who to take and continue their debate during the time that they're on the clock, and they don't turn in the pick on time and get skipped....??

Perhaps I just have a bad case of the pre-draft jitters, which apparently bring on horrific hallucinations.

GO BROWNS!!!

Sashi's such a nerd he probably knows the exact second he puts the call in and just goes with his guy if they haven't agreed. They've probably studied exactly how long it takes to make the call to our desk, then the desk to the commissioner, and added 15 seconds just to be comfortable.

Go Crimson!

(Moved from another thread.)

Twas the night before draft day

And all through the city

The fans were so worried

Because the Browns pick so shitty

With mom in her t-shirt

And socks for ole pap

We knew the new quarterback

Would turn out like Kap

And in the war room

We saw the usual Cluster

When in fact what would happen

Would be nothing but Bluster

And when it all ended

With Garrett not here

We know when they move them

We'll have have nothing but beer

So as this all ends bad

When they Browns the draft hall

Just laugh away, laugh away

Laugh away all.

Yesterday, somehow,I had it in my head that it was Thurs......and spent a good part of the day planning to cut out early....get my butt home and all situated for the draft.....p/u dinner enroute.....etc etc etc......at about 2 I mention it to someone else that Im leaving early and just too excited and nervous about "tonight".....

....and they say it's tomorrow bub....

Aaaaarggggh.....today is ground hog day .....is it really tonight?

Yes...it's tonite... 11.4 hours...

And for the record, I also thought it was last nite... but then I thought yesterday was Thursday.

So hard to keep track when you're retired...

Actually... there's no need to keep track when you're retired...

Just for the hell of it, I scanned 25 random mocks to see how many DIFFERENT players were mentioned in the top 12 picks. I figured it might be high & it was....25 players were mentioned at least once. That's a lot of perceived early pick talent. Names as follows (granted, some may be top 12 reaches):

M Garrett, S Thomas, J Adams, J Allen, M Williams, L Fournette, M Hooker, C McCaffrey, J Ross, M Lattimore, M Humphrey, M Trubisky, O Howard, C Robinson, R Foster, D Watson, H Reddick, D Barnett, P Mahomes, C Awuzie, J Mixon, C Davis, T Charlton, F Lamp, C Harris.

I just thought it was interesting. Tonight we'll see how it all works out.

GO BROWNS!!!

Mike

Archived