THE BROWNS BOARD

Gonzalez K - Round 7

JAFBF

Browns selected K Gonzales from AZ State.

One of the most prolific Kickers in College:

6'1"202 lbs Arizona State
2 POS RK
321 OVR RK
33 GRADE
What He Brings

Gonzalez is the all-time FBS career record-holder for most field goals with 96 and holds the FBS record for points by a kicker with 494. He is coming off a stellar senior season, and he's versatile enough to handle the kickoff duties in addition to place-kicking duties. -- Steve Muench

+1

really smart. The Browns are the only team in the league that maneuvered for three immediate

dramatic impact starters picked in the first round.

That is priceless. even brilliant.

really smart. The Browns are the only team in the league that maneuvered for three immediate

dramatic impact starters picked in the first round.

That is priceless. even brilliant.

What's that got to do with the kicker?

What's that got to do with the kicker?

they started out brilliant picks, and even picked a terrific kicker later. Even added the DL that Tour and I had

in our mock drafts...at least before I changed it....

The kicker pick in the icing on the cake.

I know Gonzo has a 50-yd+ FG-range, but how is he on KO touchbacks?

Does he have enough power and control to elevate KOs for more hang time and inside-the-20 pins?

Does he have enough power and control to elevate KOs for more hang time and inside-the-20 pins?

^^This is the only thing i thought Parkey did well.Zane needs to be that Dawson FG kicker, that can drive the ball low out of the elements.(pigeons & winds)..KO's? Put it in the dawgpound. our Safest bet?

So the Russians got something on you and Trump huh? :D

They don't need to.... We send it out on webcam twice a week..... It's how I can still make our mortgage and spend so much time here! B)

Analysis

Strengths Has a powerful lower body and gets good trajectory on long-distance kicks. Has continued to add size and leg strength. Nailed 13 or 15 kicks of 40-plus yards this season including seven of nine from 50-plus. Kicks have desired end over end rotation. Finished career as the 24th most accurate kicker in FBS history. Banged kickoffs into touchbacks at a rate of 75 percent over the last two seasons. Has good operation time with hasty approach to strike the ball. His obsessive-compulsive disorder helps to create an orderly approach that has in part led to his success.

Weaknesses

Uses altered follow through for shorter kicks. Tends to short-leg shorter kicks, causing some inconsistencies with his accuracy. Takes questionable angles in his pursuit of kick returners. Has allowed three kick returns for touchdowns over last two seasons. Kickoff hang-time was slightly below average.

Draft Projection Round 3-4 NFL Comparison Dustin Hopkins

Bottom Line

Self-made, four-year starter who has steadily increased his kickoff distance and range as a field goal kicker. As the most prolific field goal kicker in FBS history, Gonzalez has a good chance of being drafted and becoming an instant starter.

Analysis

Strengths Has a powerful lower body and gets good trajectory on long-distance kicks. Has continued to add size and leg strength. Nailed 13 or 15 kicks of 40-plus yards this season including seven of nine from 50-plus. Kicks have desired end over end rotation. Finished career as the 24th most accurate kicker in FBS history. Banged kickoffs into touchbacks at a rate of 75 percent over the last two seasons. Has good operation time with hasty approach to strike the ball. His obsessive-compulsive disorder helps to create an orderly approach that has in part led to his success.

Weaknesses

Uses altered follow through for shorter kicks. Tends to short-leg shorter kicks, causing some inconsistencies with his accuracy. Takes questionable angles in his pursuit of kick returners. Has allowed three kick returns for touchdowns over last two seasons. Kickoff hang-time was slightly below average.

Draft Projection Round 3-4 NFL Comparison Dustin Hopkins

Bottom Line

Self-made, four-year starter who has steadily increased his kickoff distance and range as a field goal kicker. As the most prolific field goal kicker in FBS history, Gonzalez has a good chance of being drafted and becoming an instant starter.

Obsessive compulsive disorder? A term you don't often see in a football player analysis.

"Banged kickoffs into touchbacks at a rate of 75 percent over the last two seasons.

Bottom Line: ... Gonzalez has a good chance of being drafted and becoming an instant starter.

Thanks for the legwork... combine this touchback clip with his reportedly high, FG trajectory and I think we have hang time options.

But isn't every drafted Kicker expected to start? <--- #rhetorical

Obsessive compulsive disorder? A term you don't often see in a football player analysis.

OCD? yeah... you know me. It is odd to see it in writing... but aren't all kickers a little neurotic?

I know Gonzo has a 50-yd+ FG-range, but how is he on KO touchbacks?

Tour, I have screamed for this a long time.The kid gets good height on his long kicks, so it looks like a real possibility.

Mike

Tour, I have screamed for this a long time.The kid gets good height on his long kicks, so it looks like a real possibility.

... and now you an rest your vocal chords until the home opener... you've earned it. ;)

They don't need to.... We send it out on webcam twice a week..... It's how I can still make our mortgage and spend so much time here! B)

So this question has now been answered from old radio days. "Who was that masked man?" "Hi-Yo silver, away!" B):D

... and now you an rest your vocal chords until the home opener... you've earned it. ;)

Thanks. I despised watching too damn many kickoff touch backs (39 of 66) resulting in our opponents getting a free trip to the 25.

Mike

Archived