THE BROWNS BOARD

Requesting username change

DKAllDay

FIFY...

... and, no, simply discussing running or mobile QBs is not racist.

Implying that all black QBs "run around" on the other hand...

And it doesn't matter who you claim to attend church with...

I stand corrected on the mobile/running but most qbs that run are black.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

White.Black.Purple.Green. In football terms it's called Grass Basketball..Hail Fran the man Tarkington.Roger the dodger Staubach.They got the job none. As Archie Manning is lucky just to remember he even had children..real lucky

White.Black.Purple.Green. In football terms it's called Grass Basketball..Hail Fran the man Tarkington.Roger the dodger Staubach.They got the job none. As Archie Manning is lucky just to remember he even had children..real lucky

Ya but let's be realistic here. Russel Wilson is a great example of being a mobile qb right? He doesn't do the read option but probably could with ease.

Rodger the Dodger would've gotten killed in this day of age come on man!

What anyone hasn't said is the pro qb's come from college of course and the college to pro format doesn't include winning championships at a collegent level to winning a SB in the nfl.

It's not the color of the skin exactly but the option offense fits black qbs more than white qb's. And the qb position at the nfl level is meant for poise pocket/reading defenses/ audibles/ and footwork just to mention a few attributes.

If you take a qb that is a black man and put him in the same exact position as a white man ...he will flourish but it's a different game than in college than the pros. I like Deshone Kizer. I hope he makes it. Can he do a five step drop and throw in time on a cross route? I say it's going to take work but he would've had a better chance if he were groomed from the beginning like Trubisky.

Well name a white one. Tebow?

Is that how it works?

• One person makes a declarative statement.
  • A second questions it and asks for the declarer to back up their assertion.
  • The declarer, rather than responding with support, simply says "prove me wrong"?

Good to know...

Oh... and Manziel...

You and only you could name a black mobile qb in the days of Tarkenton.

Stepping aside from the humor, in the days of Tarkenton there were only a couple of black QBs in the entire league.

James Harris and Joe Gilliam come to mind.

I think there were a couple in the league earlier...but I don't think they started or played much. Marlin Briscoe?

Then, of course, you have to go back to 1920, Akron Pros. NFL champions. Quarterback: Fritz Pollard. African-American.

Archived