THE BROWNS BOARD

Comey

This is a pretty amazing back-and-forth. This guy has been loved and hated at various times by both sides of the presidential election teams.

Personally I think in the end he was doing his best to get hillary into the white house. The whole letting her off the hook by not making her testify under oath when she was clearly lying was a red flag. Then he re opened the investigation but I believe that was a smoke screen so he could announce that there was nothing there just in time for the election. But i'm amazed that the democrats think he cost her the gold.

Besides her Hillary-ous comments yesterday about why she lost.

Any of her supporters here buying that shit ?

WSS

This is a pretty amazing back-and-forth. This guy has been loved and hated at various times by both sides of the presidential election teams.

Personally I think in the end he was doing his best to get hillary into the white house. The whole letting her off the hook by not making her testify under oath when she was clearly lying was a red flag. Then he re opened the investigation but I believe that was a smoke screen so he could announce that there was nothing there just in time for the election. But i'm amazed that the democrats think he cost her the gold.

He was caught in a classic, no-win situation. That said... he lost.

In the end he put the peddle to the metal and his boys completed the review of the "new" email treasure trove days prior to the election. Should have done that from the get-go and waited until he had something to announce... and since he did not...

Hard to not think that Comey's reveal was a factor, Steve. Determinative, in and off itself? Can't say that, but since it was not the only false negative floating around, it's hard to dismiss that their cumulative effect was nil. Even in light of his Saturday follow up that the investigation was complete and nothing of value was uncovered.

Be careful on that knife's edge you walking... if you can square up his announcing a reopening of the investigation as "doing his best", then you're a bit dizzy.

In the end he put the peddle to the metal Tour

keep pedaling, just don't peddle that narrative.... :)

He was caught in a classic, no-win situation. That said... he lost.

In the end he put the peddle to the metal and his boys completed the review of the "new" email treasure trove days prior to the election. Should have done that from the get-go and waited until he had something to announce... and since he did not...

Hard to not think that Comey's reveal was a factor, Steve. Determinative, in and off itself? Can't say that, but since it was not the only false negative floating around, it's hard to dismiss that their cumulative effect was nil. Even in light of his Saturday follow up that the investigation was complete and nothing of value was uncovered.

Be careful on that knife's edge you walking... if you can square up his announcing a reopening of the investigation as "doing his best", then you're a bit dizzy.

I suppose he could've worn an 'I'm with her' T-shirt to the hearing. Sure he was between a rock and a hard place, kind of forced to do some kind of investigation but I think they made sure that it would have no teeth and carry no penalties, even he admitted she lied her ass off.

Again why was nixon run out of office?

WSS

Oh, boy... convincing cartoons!

keep pedaling, just don't peddle that narrative.... :)

Sorry, cal... I'm addicted to the truth... and keeping an open mind.

I suppose he could've worn an 'I'm with her' T-shirt to the hearing. Sure he was between a rock and a hard place, kind of forced to do some kind of investigation but I think they made sure that it would have no teeth and carry no penalties, even he admitted she lied her ass off.
Again why was nixon run out of office?

Conspiracy? Multiple felonies?

Speaking of open minds... what happened to yours?

well, let me feed yer addiction: here's truth:

(from the other thread)

Truth is:

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-10-30/why-comey-broke-stack-resignation-letters-furious-fbi-agents

Is This Why Comey Broke: A Stack Of Resignation Letters From Furious FBI Agent

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/mattvespa/2016/10/16/fbi-agents-see-director-comey-as-a-dirty-cop-says-former-us-attorney-n2232976

FBI Agents See Director Comey As A ‘Dirty Cop,’ Says Former U.S. Attorney

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/10/13/fbi-doj-roiled-by-comey-lynch-decision-to-let-clinton-slide-by-on-emails-says-insider.html

FBI, DOJ roiled by Comey, Lynch decision to let Clinton slide by on emails, says insider

Petty insults aside exactly what is it you want me to have an open mind about?

I just can't take the chronic outrage on the left very seriously. The right either actually.

But at this particular point the left has gone much more insane than the right did over the last 8 years.

But again give me a few issues over which I should keep an open mind.

WSS

liberals don't have open minds, but they want the political opposition to have open minds -

liberals get to define and redefine terms to suit their narratives.

I have a question for the liberals on this board.

Just because Comey was fired, does that mean ALL current investigations come to a screeching halt?

Or is that just the narrative that's being bounced around?

Petty insults aside exactly what is it you want me to have an open mind about?

But again give me a few issues over which I should keep an open mind.

well, let me feed yer addiction: here's truth:

Yeah... sorry, guys... truly. Firing out on an old issue was ill-advised to say the least where positions are long held and well established...

What I have to remind myself is that what I am feeling now, is what you have felt on HRC, Obama and other other topics for a long time.

What I have to remind myself of is as irrational as I may see/ have seen your fears, is how you now see mine.

What I have to remind myself is that "my truth", or "your truth", is simply that and not "the truth" until the evidence is overwhelming.

So I will do my level best to bear the above in mind in future exchanges separating positions and facts from values and persons.

I only ask that you do the same...

Tour I think you're a smart guy and a decent fellow that I'd be proud to have a few dozen beers with.

I was just curious in specific what issues I need to keep an open mind about.

Only because just by saying that must mean you think that I have not been open minded about something or other.

WSS

Only because just by saying that must mean you think that I have not been open minded about something or other.

Maybe over some beers then... in a couple 'o' three weeks...

Archived