THE BROWNS BOARD

Trump to ease enforcement of limits on church political activity

jbluhm86

well, gee, just put them into the same tax exempt status categories as the teachers unions, etc etc.

they are LIBERAL and they can do all the political activity stuff, and you libs love it.

well, gee, just put them into the same tax exempt status categories as the teachers unions, etc etc.

they are LIBERAL and they can do all the political activity stuff, and you libs love it.

Actually, I somewhat agree with you; unions, 501c nonprofits, other tax exempt organizations, etc - that use their tax free money as a political donation or to purchase influence - should either pay taxes or just stay out of politics altogether and keep their exempt status.

If there's enough dinero in the collection plates each Sunday to fund political super PACs, then there's enough to tithe Uncle Sam his cut in there as well.

yep - but the required membership and union dues to the giant teachers unions is also huge monies.

and federal worker's unions, which was one of the worst ideas in government.

and... it was a democrat:

"In 1962, President John F. Kennedy signed Executive Order 10988, establishing the right of federal workers to engage in collective bargaining. Consequently, union membership among U.S. government employees soared from 13 percent in 1961 to 60 percent in the 1974. NFFE's membership also grew tremendously, roughly doubling during the same period from 80,000 members to 150,000 members.[6]"

of course it was. The dems fawn over the unions for their votes - they want everything unionized.

but churches? NOPE. they don't want them organized and putting money into politics. nope.

except... they like leftwing political groups, and donate hugely to moveon,org, etc etc etc etc etc.

but you let conservative groups work towards tax exempt status? NOPE. They get harrassed, sandbagged,

and it's a giant political hassle.

Maybe you should renounce your king (Satan) and accept the Lord.

Well, at least I have consulation in the fact that, if there is indeed a Hell, you'll be right there with me, because there's no amount of communion wafers or half-assed prayers from you that would save you as well.

But, I'm not in the habit of believing in fairy tales, so I'm pretty sure I'll still sleep easy at night.

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

Maybe you should renounce your king (Satan) and accept the Lord.

7 Judge not, that ye be not judged.

2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.

3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?

I guess irony and cognition aren't your strong suits.

I think the irony might also include the fact that just about every black fundamentalist church Is the political epicenter of the community.

I'm not even all that religious but I do in joy watching the bitter atheists seething over this stuff.

WSS

I mean when you use words like "bitter" and "seething", you can try to twist reality how you see fit.

Oh, it doesn't matter who it applies to, just calling out a typical Steve when I see it

And again Typical for me is pointing out the truth. For those who I described as being bitter, add take offense at that description, well just quit your constant crying and bitching about somebody else's faith if it has nothing to do with you.

WSS

Typical Steve has nothing to do with pointing out the truth. Typical Steve uses hyperbolic language to frame the opponent in a way that makes him look right

Hyperbole? Bitch please.

"It looks like the religious are trying to sink their talons into government once again, yet can demand tax-exemption with a straight face. Disgraceful."

WSS

Archived