THE BROWNS BOARD

ABC cancels conservative ‘Last Man Standing’ despite the show’s successful ratings

Despite successful ratings, the ABC network has pulled actor and comedian Tim Allen’s popular show, “Last Man Standing,” a modern spin on his ’90s sitcom “Home Improvement,” after six seasons.

According to Deadline, which first reported the cancellation, “Last Man Standing,” which premiered in 2011, has averaged “a very respectable” viewing for its time slot — 8 p.m. on Fridays. The 30-minute show routinely won its time slot, boasting 6.4 million viewers weekly.

In addition to being so successful, it was among the only — if not the only — show on primetime television that espoused a more conservative worldview.

Allen’s character, Mike Baxter, is a politically conservative Christian who celebrates traditional American values, taking cues from the blue-collar demographic that won President Donald Trump the White House in November.

Allen, who is no stranger to politics, has used “Last Man Standing” to poke fun at former Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton’s loss to Trump, to mock the prevalence of “microaggressions” on college campuses in the aptly named “Precious Snowflake” episode, and to advocate for gun rights.

Given the sitcom’s success, some entertainment analysts have expressed surprise at ABC’s decision to yank the show at this point. The Disney-owned network, however, is citing the cost of production, as well as Allen’s salary, as the reasons for the sitcom’s cancellation.

The cancellation of “Last Man Standing,” though, is probably no surprise to Allen. In March, during an appearance on ABC’s “Jimmy Kimmel Live,” the actor slammed Hollywood for its intolerant elitism.

“You’ve gotta be real careful around here. You get beat up if you don’t believe what everybody believes,” he told Kimmel. “This is like ’30s Germany. I don’t know what happened.”

“If you’re not part of the group, ‘You know what we believe is right,’ I go, ‘Well, I might have a problem with that,’ ” he said.

He also told then-Fox News host Megyn Kelly in late November that “hypocritical” anti-Trump celebrities, most of whom supported Clinton for president, are the real political bullies.

“What I find odd in Hollywood is that they didn’t like Trump because he was a bully,” he said at the time. “But if you had any kind of inkling that you were for Trump, you got bullied for doing that. And it gets a little bit hypocritical to me.”

http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/05/11/abc-cancels-conservative-last-man-standing-despite-the-shows-successful-ratings/

good show. cost of production a hippo's ass.

the left has gone to uprising against our own country,

and everything about it.

like the rise of nazis in Germany.

Archived