THE BROWNS BOARD

Game Seven

Beanpot

Surely you can't be supporting Pittsburgh, Bean.

That second goal was embarrassing, I'll take an Ovechkin hat trick to make things right.

How awful would it be to have 3 of the final four being Pittsburgh, Boston, and Detroit.

Gimme the Caps and the Hawks.

Surely you can't be supporting Pittsburgh, Bean.

That second goal was embarrassing, I'll take an Ovechkin hat trick to make things right.

How awful would it be to have 3 of the final four being Pittsburgh, Boston, and Detroit.

Gimme the Caps and the Hawks.

Oh, I have no problem pulling for the Pens. I've seen more NHL games there than any place else outside of Boston. Plus I used to skate with a few guys who played on the Lumberjacks way back in the day.

As for how awful it'd be if those three wound up in the final four - here's what I wrote in another thread:

Jesus, this has been everything you could possibly hope for and more. I'm pulling for the B's just cuz. The whole "original 6" thing and I think they're the better team. Plus I've got a soft spot for Hartford.

Also hoping the Wings close things out tonight or in game 7.

As for game sevens, holy crap is tomorrow night going to be delicious. I was listening to some sort of sports radio this morning and the host (may well have been Patrick) mentioned that for all of the national love given to the Celtics/Bulls series, the Pens/Caps series has been even better. A-freaking-men to that.

My loyalties for the final four, whomever they may be, remain with the greatest sweater in the history of sports - the wonderful creation of Irene Castle and everyone wearing the Indian head.

Beanpot

The Penguins are pretty entertaining to watch, but I just can't stomach that their fans already have the Steelers, claim to be Cavs fans, and now they have another elite team. Boston and Detroit aren't exactly lovable underdogs, either. I know first hand, my relatives in Boston proclaimed that hockey wasn't even a real sport, no one cared at all a couple years ago, now they're back being diehard B's fans. I can't stand that kind of thing, and there's just not anyone I can root for.

That said, even with the fairweather Blackhawk fans, I'd be thrilled to see them continue their run. Great team to watch, and they're the team I'm hoping the Blue Jackets will be in a year or two.

I hate Detroit, Boston, Pittsburgh, and Anaheim. Completely apathetic about Carolina (I think they'll get thrashed in game 7 anyway). Chicago's my only hope.

Can't agree more about the fans. They're all Pittsburgh. But at the same time, they're hockey fans so they're allowed in the clubhouse. I'd rather hang with hockey fans from Pittsburgh than non-hockey fans from Cleveland.

Fair point about Boston but the serious hockey fans there are wonderful. The B's finished with 60ish some points in 97 and those crowds were some of the most electric I've ever seen. Granted, most of the electricity involved booing their own team or Lindros, but the passion was there.

I've been a fan of the Hawks since first watching Denis Savard way, WAY back in the day. Loved their goalie, Murray Bannerman, too:

Beanpot

Turn out the lights - Mike Lange just pulled out the Mae West line while describing Crosby's last goal. Lord Stanley, get me the brandy!

Beanpot

Great series...............like both teams..............Good luck Pens

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Igorokk

It started with he training missions so i played instant action and played that though a few times, how ever later last night not even that would work with the same issue were the game would not un-pause.

Any ideas ?

It started with he training missions so i played instant action and played that though a few times, how ever later last night not even that would work with the same issue were the game would not un-pause.

Any ideas ?

Oh man, lots of ideas. Most involve you pay-palling me several thousand dollars. But really, I have no idea how this got here. Looks like a video game question somehow found its way to this board, complete with the questioner taking the time to register.

Igor, did you accidentally type in the wrong open window or is this some sort of clever spam attempt?

Beanpot

Any ideas ?

Hit the power button to off, it will solve all problems.

It's a shame no one on these teams as Ovechkin's charisma, it's kind of amazing that both have more than one "best in the world" calibur players. Ovechkin has one hell of a team around him but with Crosby and Malkin (or Malkin and Crosby) locked up long term, and are only getting better...and Fleury isn't even 25 years old? I hope it still turns into an epic rivalry, but it doesn't really look like the Penguins are going anywhere.

Here's to Mason, Nash and Filatov being the next big 3. :ph34r:

• 1 month later...

4 years old at RFK with my Pops. 1977 vs Eagles. Charlie Taylors last year as a player.

We won 23-17, but I really only remember a few images from that game. Nothing concrete, but that was my first Skins Game.

• 3 weeks later...

Since this seems like the de facto hockey (or first Redskins game memories?) thread here, I'll use it to share probably the best sports story I've read in years.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_dadd...?urn=nhl,180369

How a Penguins fan crashed the Stanley Cup party after Game 7

By Greg Wyshynski

Jealousy is usually an unfortunate human trait, but there should be some sort of cosmic dispensation for the rest of mankind upon hearing the story of Ryan Kraft, aka the guy who crashed the Pittsburgh Penguins' Stanley Cup celebration after Game 7 in Detroit.

The 32-year-old salesman, a former hockey star at Centerville High School in Washington Twp., Ohio, told his tale to the Dayton Daily News over the weekend, and it's a doozy: Sneaking onto the ice at Joe Louis Arena after the Penguins defeated the Detroit Red Wings, getting back into the locker room with the Cup and even getting an autographed champagne bottle from Mario Lemieux.

From the Daily News, here's how Kraft maneuvered down from the stands to the ice, in his own words:

"So I go over in position where a family member might be, and after about 15 minutes, (defenseman) Philippe Boucher(notes) skates over and points to the guy in front of me. When that guy raises his hand, I raise mine. The security guard sees both of us, opens the door and everyone just assumes I'm a relative.

"Once on the ice, it's open season. I have access to the tunnel back to the locker room and it's just a big celebration - players everywhere, hanging out, playing music and spraying champagne.

"A couple players pick me up and swing me around. I'm spraying a bottle of champagne. Amazing."

Amazing doesn't do it justice. Check out the full photo gallery of Ryan Kraft's adventures with the Penguins and the Stanley Cup, including a suspicious Sergei Gonchar; a shirtless Rob Scuderi; and just in case you were worried about not feeling an intense, searing jealousy of the dude, Kraft hoisting the Stanley Cup in the Penguins' locker room. We're in awe of this guy; this is like something out of a candy bar commercial. Or, at the very least, a special section in next season's NHL security manual.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's the link for all the photos....

http://projects.daytondailynews.com/cache/...80209ryankraft/

slideshow_1198814_sppeopleA.jpg

Archived