THE BROWNS BOARD

Old Man, Young Man, QB Man Trivia

The Gipper

OK, here is set of trivia....some about age...others just QB stuff:

1. Who is the only QB over 40 to ever start a playoff game?

2. Who were the 5 youngest primary starting QBs in the NFL in 2016?

3. Who were the 5 oldest primary starting QBs in the NFL in 2016?

4. What QB has played with the most different teams in NFL history? Two hints: 11 different teams...and you hardly ever heard of this guy despite him being around so much (at least I didn't).

5. Name the 3 QBs who started Super Bowl games for 2 different teams.

6. What two schools have produced the most Super Bowl winning Quarterbacks? Hint: 3 each

7. What 5 schools have produced the most Super Bowl losing QBs? Hint: 2 each

8. Name the only two QBs to win Championships with two different teams? (yes...this is an annual question)

9. Going back to 1933 when playoff football began, which 2 teams have had the most different QBs lead them to Championships?

10. Three different QBs have started playoff games for 3 different teams. Name the three.

11. Three different QBs have suffered 10 or more losses in the playoffs in their careers. Name the three.

12. Name all those QBs who have started and won a postseason game for the Browns.

Bonus: Since I asked my most famous football trivia question in this thread (#8 above)....I will also ask my most famous Non-Football Trivia question in this thread. A question that combines a few areas of interest to some:

Who was the first captain/commander of the very first vessel known as The USS Enterprise?

Hint...his name was not Kirk...or Picard etc....but you do know his name very well.

Favre

Winston, Mariota, Kessler,

Brady, Rivers, E Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger

4. What QB has played with the most different teams in NFL history? Two hints: 11 different teams...and you hardly ever heard of this guy despite him being around so much (at least I didn't).

Earl Morral, Craig Morton,

6. What two schools have produced the most Super Bowl winning Quarterbacks? Hint: 3 each

Stanford,, Notre Dame

Georgia, Michigan, LSU,

8. Name the only two QBs to win Championships with two different teams? (yes...this is an annual question)

9. Going back to 1933 when playoff football began, which 2 teams have had the most different QBs lead them to Championships?

Packers, NYGiants

10. Three different QBs have started playoff games for 3 different teams. Name the three.

11. Three different QBs have suffered 10 or more losses in the playoffs in their careers. Name the three.

Favre, P Manning, Tarkenton

12. Name all those QBs who have started and won a postseason game for the Browns.

Otto Graham, Kosar, Testeverde, Ryan,

Bonus: Since I asked my most famous football trivia question in this thread (#8 above)....I will also ask my most famous Non-Football Trivia question in this thread. A question that combines a few areas of interest to some:

Who was the first captain/commander of the very first vessel known as The USS Enterprise?

Hint...his name was not Kirk...or Picard etc....but you do know his name very well.

Favre Check

Winston, Mariota, Kessler, Only partially correct..but those 3 are in there

Brady, Rivers, E Manning, Brees, Roethlisberger Oooh, so close, but not completely correct. One is wrong...I will leave it to you to figure out which!!

Earl Morral, Craig Morton, Morton, yes. Not Morrrall. (he started SB III for Colts, the only one he started....he started most of the 1972 season for Dolphins...but Griese started the playoffs and SB)

Stanford,, Notre Dame NO, neither correct.

Georgia, Michigan, LSU, No, none correct

Packers, NYGiants Check

Favre, P Manning, Tarkenton Favre and Peyton, yes, not Tark

Otto Graham, Kosar, Testeverde, Ryan, These are all correct...but these are not all.

#7, I must have misunderstood the question. Tarkenton was 0-3 in SBs, went to Georgia.

Yea...its not which school has had its QB lose the most SBs...its what school has had the most different players at QB lose a SB.

I would have to check and see about the question you thought it was. I know Georgia would not be the answer (seeing as how Jim Kelly alone from Miami lost 4 SBs.)

Edit: actually, it IS Miami, Fla....with JK's 4 losses. Stanford and Georgia are tied next at 3 apiece...3 by Elway, 3 by Tark.

2. Who were the 5 youngest primary starting QBs in the NFL in 2016? Mariota, Kessler, Wentz, Orsewiller, Winston. Not Osweiler, but the other 4 are right.

3. Who were the 5 oldest primary starting QBs in the NFL in 2016? Brady, Brees, Rivers, E Manning, Palmer. Check.

4. What QB has played with the most different teams in NFL history? Two hints: 11 different teams...and you hardly ever heard of this guy despite him being around so much (at least I didn't). Bubby Brister No, but nice guess.

5. Name the 3 QBs who started Super Bowl games for 2 different teams. Kurt Warner, Peyton Manning, those are the two besides Morton, check,

6. What two schools have produced the most Super Bowl winning Quarterbacks? Hint: 3 each Alabama is one. It is, check on Alabama

8. Name the only two QBs to win Championships with two different teams? (yes...this is an annual question) Tom Flores and Peyton Manning

Peyton, yes.....not Flores

9. Going back to 1933 when playoff football began, which 2 teams have had the most different QBs lead them to Championships? Redskins and Giants Not Redskins. Bob got this one.

10. Three different QBs have started playoff games for 3 different teams. Name the three. Farve - Jets, GB and Vikes. NO, Favre never started a playoff game for Jets....not according to what I found.

12. Name all those QBs who have started and won a postseason game for the Browns. Testaverde, Kosar and Sipe

Vinny and Bernie, yes. Sipe never won a playoff game...not with the Browns (not in the NFL...maybe USFL?)

Hint...his name was not Kirk...or Picard etc....but you do know his name very well. Nimitz Uh, no... he was way too late.

George Blanda

Brady,Brees,Rivers,Rodgers,Romo

Scott Tolzien

Peyton Manning.

The Giants and the Dolphins

Elway,Kelly and Tarkenton

Graham, Sipe and Kosar

Capt Pike.

George Blanda NO

Brady,Brees,Rivers,Rodgers,Romo First two, yes....not the last two. (and I am not sure Romo started a single game for Cowboys...he certainly was not their primary starter)

Scott Tolzien ....yea....no, not unless NFL stands for North Fargo League.

Peyton Manning. That is only one....

The Giants and the Dolphins Giants, yes, Dolphins...not even close.

Elway,Kelly and Tarkenton Good guesses, none correct.

Graham, Sipe and Kosar yes on OG and Kosar, no on Sipe.

Capt Pike. Like the guess....not correct.

impossible Gip. How bout some Old Man, Neil Young man,QB remake..1-2-3-4..Old Man take a look at our quarterback...It's not like yours..Browns need someone at quarterback, the whole Sunday through..One look, into our quarterbacks eyes & you'll know that's true..ha-ha(where's my gee-tar?)

Hint...his name was not Kirk...or Picard etc....but you do know his name very well......Probably he only one on this list that I know......BENEDICT ARNOLD

Mike

impossible Gip. How bout some Old Man, Neil Young man,QB remake..1-2-3-4..Old Man take a look at our quarterback...It's not like yours..Browns need someone at quarterback, the whole Sunday through..One look, into our quarterbacks eyes & you'll know that's true..ha-ha(where's my gee-tar?)

Nice....my title to this thread did bring that tune to mind.

Canton Mike:

Hint...his name was not Kirk...or Picard etc....but you do know his name very well......Probably he only one on this list that I know......BENEDICT ARNOLD

YOU ARE Correct Sir!!!!!

Second Chance Saloon. Here are unanswered questions thus far. Try again if you wish:

2. Jameis Winston, Marcus Mariota, Cody Kessler and Carson Wentz were 4 of the 5 youngest primary starting QBs in the NFL last year.....who was the 5th person?

4. What QB played for the most different teams in NFL history: Hint: always as a backup, and hints: he also played in NFL Europe and Canada. Also hint....I doubt anyone could get this without looking it up.

6. Besides Alabama, what other school produced the most different QBs to win the Super Bowl?

7. What 5 schools produced the most different Super Bowl losing QBs (2 each)?

8. Besides Peyton Manning....who is the only QB to win Championships with two different teams? (I know that Zombo knows this)

10. Three QBs have started a playoff game for 3 different teams....name them.

11. Three QBs have started and lost 10 playoff games. Two of them are Peyton Manning and Brett Favre. Who is the third player?

12. Besides Otto Graham, Frank Ryan, Bernie Kosar, and Vinny Testaverde, what one other Browns QB started and won a playoff game?

He played for Oakland but can't remember his name

Prescott, Mariota, Winston, Kessler, Savage

Brady, Fitzpatrick, Rivers, Eli Manning, Rothlesberger Drew Brees

Steve Deberg

Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Rich Gannon

USC and Purdue

Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas, UCLA

MANNING AND Bledsoe

Browns and Bears

Gannon, Deberg and Fitzpatrick

Jim Kelly, Boomer Esiason and Peyton Manning

Otto Graham, Brian Sipe, Bernie Kosar, Kelly Holcomb

Admiral Halsey

He played for Oakland but can't remember his name NO (answered with Favre)

Prescott, Mariota, Winston, Kessler, Savage Not Savage...but you got the last one we were looking for: Prescott.

Brady, Fitzpatrick, Rivers, Eli Manning, Rothlesberger Drew Brees You got most but left off Palmer. (already answered)

Steve Debergno , but probably a good guess.

Peyton Manning, Brett Favre, Rich Gannon Only Peyton is correct here.

USC and Purdue Not USC...but Purdue is the other one we were looking for.

Alabama, South Carolina, North Carolina, Texas, UCLA Oddly....none of these are correct.

MANNING AND Bledsoe Manning yes, not Bledsoe (Bledsoe never won with 1 team)

Browns and Bears NO, already answered.

Gannon, Deberg and Fitzpatrick None correct.

Jim Kelly, Boomer Esiason and Peyton Manning Only Peyton correct.

Otto Graham, Brian Sipe, Bernie Kosar, Kelly Holcomb Neither Sipe nor Holcomb won playoff games (both lost their only one). OG and BK yes.

Not Halsey....but answered.

4. What QB has played with the most different teams in NFL history? Two hints: 11 different teams...and you hardly ever heard of this guy despite him being around so much (at least I didn't). J.T O'Sullivan ( He was a member of the New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, Carolina Panthers, Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers, Cincinnati Bengals, San Diego Chargers, and Oakland Raiders. He also played for the Frankfurt Galaxy of NFL Europe and the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL)

5. Name the 3 QBs who started Super Bowl games for 2 different teams. Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Craig Morton

12. Name all those QBs who have started and won a postseason game for the Browns. Otto Graham, Frank Ryan, Bill Nelson, Bernie Kosar, Vinnie Testaverde

Who was the first captain/commander of the very first vessel known as The USS Enterprise? Col. Benedict Arnold

4. What QB has played with the most different teams in NFL history? Two hints: 11 different teams...and you hardly ever heard of this guy despite him being around so much (at least I didn't). J.T O'Sullivan ( He was a member of the New Orleans Saints, Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, Minnesota Vikings, New England Patriots, Carolina Panthers, Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers, Cincinnati Bengals, San Diego Chargers, and Oakland Raiders. He also played for the Frankfurt Galaxy of NFL Europe and the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the CFL)

5. Name the 3 QBs who started Super Bowl games for 2 different teams. Peyton Manning, Kurt Warner, Craig Morton

12. Name all those QBs who have started and won a postseason game for the Browns. Otto Graham, Frank Ryan, Bill Nelson, Bernie Kosar, Vinnie Testaverde

Who was the first captain/commander of the very first vessel known as The USS Enterprise? Col. Benedict Arnold

So, I take it you googled all that? Who could have known every team Sullivan played for off the top of their head? Which of course is cheating on these threads. The answers are all correct...but...anyone can google these.

Tomorrow is my anniversary, and my wife has some plans, ergo, I may not be around...so I will give these answers now:

Brett Favre when he played with the Vikings. He went 1-1

Jameis Winston DOB: 1/6/1994

Marcus Mariota DOB: 10.30/1993

Dak Prescott DOB 7/29/1993

Cody Kessler DOB 4/11/1993

Carson Wentz DOB 12/30/1992

Tom Brady....who turned 40 TODAY DOB 8/3/1977

Drew Brees...DOB 1/15/1979

Carson Palmer DOB 12/27/1979

Eli Manning DOB 1/3/1981

Phillip Rivers DOB 12/8/1981

Ben R. DOB 3/2/1982

J.T. O'Sullivan see above for all the teams he played with.

Peyton Manning for the Colts and Broncos. Won 1 for each. Kurt Warner for Rams and Cards, 1-1 with Rams 0-1 with Cards. Craig Morton Cowboys and Broncos. Started and lost one game with each.

Alabama: Starr, Stabler, Namath

Purdue: Dawson, Griese, and Brees.

Boston College: Matt Hasselback and Matt Ryan

Cal: Morton and Joe Kapp

Maryland: Boomer Esiason and Neil O'Donnell

Notre Dame: Daryl Lamonica and Joe Theismann (Joe Montana never lost a SB)

Purdue: Dawson and Griese (each lost one, Dawson won 1 and Griese won 2)

Note: "Miami" also produced 2 SB losers....but one was Miami Fla. (Kelly) and one was Miami Oh. (Ben R.)

Peyton Manning, Colts and Broncos

Tobin Rote, Lions and Chargers

Giants: Ed Danowski, Don Heinrich, Phil Simms, Jeff Hostetler, Eli Manning

Packers: Arnie Herber, Irv Comp, Bart Starr, Brett Favre, Aaron Rodgers.

Jeff Garcia: 49ers, Eagle, Buccaneers ....but not the Browns!

Kerry Collins: Panthers, Giants, Titans

Dave Kreig: Seahawks, Chiefs, Lions.

Peyton Manning was 14-13, Brett Favre was 13-11, Dan Marino was 8-10. Note, next most losses: Tom Brady: 9...but he also has 25 wins!

Otto Graham 4-3 in NFL, 9-3 overall

Frank Ryan 1-2

Bill Nelsen 2-3

Bernie Kosar 3-4

Vinny Testaverde 1-1

Other QBs that have started post season...but no wins: Mike Phipps, Brian Sipe, Paul McDonald, Kelly Holcomb, Tommy O'Connell, Milt Plum, Don Strock

This is the most QBs who started a playoff with no wins of any team in the NFL

Benedict Arnold.

Built in St. Johns, Quebec[edit]

Enterprise was originally a British topsail schooner (classified as a "sloop-of-war" by the Royal Navy, not to be confused with an actual sloop, which has only a single mast) named George, built at St. Johns (now Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu) in Quebec, Canada.

Raid on St. Johns[edit]

In May 1775, a small American force under Colonel Benedict Arnold sailed up the Richelieu River on the recently captured Liberty. At 07:00 on 18 May, Arnold and 35 raiders captured the fort and shipyards at St. Johns, along with the newly launched George, with no loss of life. The unlaunched schooner Royal Savage was also at the shipyard, and would be captured by the Americans later that year. Two hours later Arnold's raiders left with the newly captured sloop, which was later armed with 12 guns and renamed Enterprise.

Siege of St. Johns[edit]

Enterprise was, at first, the most significant warship in the Lake Champlain squadron — which was charged with maintaining American control of the lake early in the war — and at times she acted as flagship for Colonel Arnold. Control of Lake Champlain and the adjoining Hudson River would have enabled the British to cut off vital supply routes between New England and the other colonies, and it would have allowed British troops to cross and attackAlbany.

On 28 August 1775, Enterprise and other vessels embarked with more than 1,000 troops as part of an expedition against St. Johns, Montreal, and Quebec. Though St. Johns and Montreal were captured, and Quebec was besieged, the arrival of strong British reinforcements forced the Americans to withdraw from Canada in the spring of 1776. Enterprise and the other craft sailed to Île aux Noix in the Richelieu River, where they waited while Arnold directed the building of a fleet at Fort Ticonderoga and Skenesboro (now Whitehall).[1]

...................During the British advance prior to the Battle of Saratoga, Enterprise was one of five vessels assigned to duty convoying bateaux in the evacuation of Ticonderoga. The small American force was no match for the British fleet on Lake Champlain, and after two ships had been captured, Enterprise and the other two were run aground on 7 July 1777, and burned to prevent their capture.[1]

Thus was the fate of the first vessel ever known as The USS Enterprise.

Archived