THE BROWNS BOARD

James Harrison to Skip White House Visit

Guest mz.

you have a roided up, self centered woman beater as the face of your franchise. But it stands to reason you sister-humping inbred mongoloids would hoist that up as a standard to live up to.

He is a prominent face of the franchise after his success last year, and the sucks for Pitt until the distance themselves, or push him to the background. Meanwhile makes for a great target.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This has to totally suck for Steeler fan, and I really mean that.

One of the biggest choady maneuvers ever, but even more shocking is how the Pitt folk are rationalizing it. But why should we be surprised?

Can all their fans be this stupid?

This has to totally suck for Steeler fan, and I really mean that.

One of the biggest choady maneuvers ever, but even more shocking is how the Pitt folk are rationalizing it. But why should we be surprised?

Can all their fans be this stupid?

Pot Meet Kettle.... Kettle Meet Pot !

And conversely it doesn't mean its not true.

See how that game works?

Everything in the story including his own words says what I am saying is true. Get it?

They problem is, you will believe anything as fact just because you wish it was a fact. You WANT to believe Harrison isn't the best defensive player in the league so you make up some lame excuse. My best explanation for your denial is jealousy or envy, but that’s just my guess. In your world where everything is how you want it, it somehow makes sense. When you have to validate any of your claims you do one of three things: 1) Simply repeat the claim 2) Throw out personal attacks, name call, insult, basically just act ridiculous. 3) Use a very broad statement, false cause and effect, or an exaggeration of the truth as an undisputable evidence for your claim. You do #3 most often. Although, when you do this, you get nothing but support and cheers from most of the other board members. That gives you false confidence and prevents you from understanding just how ridiculous you often act. (random added in note= most of you will try to deny reading this) I try to show you some ways you can improve your arguments, but you are too much in denial to accept the way you are. When I mock what you do in other posts you quickly pick up on how the logic actually contains no logic at all. You refuse to accept you are that way. Although, I think I am reading way too much into this. Personally, I think you believe nonsense like this is fun to partake in.

Yes, Harrison made a stupid remark. He is probably not the brightest person. Probably not a model citizen also.

The Steelers put out a tough team year after year. The Rooneys were named the best owners in the NFL. They have won more Super Bowls than any other team.

We want to be as successful as the Steelers. If, as a Browns fan, you wouldn't trade the past 40 seasons for the Steeler success, you're not being honest with yourself.

Harrison is dumb. But he's not paid to make smart comments. He's paid to pick off a pass in the endzone, during the Superbowl and return it 100 yards for a game changing touchdown.

I'll get lambasted because I'm saying something positive about the Steelers. But I give credit where credit is due. (and I don't give it when it's not due, which ticks people here off)

'll get lambasted because I'm saying something positive about the Steelers. But I give credit where credit is due. (and I don't give it when it's not due, which ticks people here off)

I've never seen you make an actual football take. It's very possible you don't know a single thing about football and are just here because you are miserable. That is my take. Try explaining why instead of just chiding anything anybody says and then you may get a shroud of respect. There are guys that really know football on this board who share their time and contribute greatly, what you do is act like a little whiner who has nothing to say except act like those same guys that make those posts are a bunch of morons.

Let's hear what you got to say there guy. It's not really tough to sit back chide others when you have nothing to contribute.

Yes, Harrison made a stupid remark. He is probably not the brightest person. Probably not a model citizen also.

The Steelers put out a tough team year after year. The Rooneys were named the best owners in the NFL. They have won more Super Bowls than any other team.

We want to be as successful as the Steelers. If, as a Browns fan, you wouldn't trade the past 40 seasons for the Steeler success, you're not being honest with yourself.

Harrison is dumb. But he's not paid to make smart comments. He's paid to pick off a pass in the endzone, during the Superbowl and return it 100 yards for a game changing touchdown.

I'll get lambasted because I'm saying something positive about the Steelers. But I give credit where credit is due. (and I don't give it when it's not due, which ticks people here off)

Most NFL players probably aren't that smart. Although, I still give them credit for finding their strength, becoming extremely dedicated and have a successful career. I bet they don't care they geometry or most of the major Surpreme Court cases. To them, that information is essentially useless. They don't need to know it to make way more money than the people who know it. The biggest reason you need to have intelligence is so you can go to college and have a good career. This isn't really a good thing, but Harrison and a bunch of other players will be making much more money than any doctor this year.

Harrison didn't take the invite personally. He said that Obama would have invited the Cards if they won. He doesn't feel that a game should dictate whether or not you can meet the president. He feels the president just does it cuz its just something he is supposed to do. Harrison doesn't want to waste his time doing something he isn't thrilled about soing. Plus he already missed one day of working out this offseason. He doesn't want to miss another.

This thread has a very icky dirty feel to it with all the steeler trolls commenting. It is a very simple, clear cut statement that your boy has made. His independance from respect for his country has drawn the ire of not only Browns fans but from the citizens of the greatest nation in the world. I hope that his displeasure with America will encourage him to find the second best country that will accept him. Great football player or not you diss The USA and in my opinion your public enemy #1.

It's about time people start showing respect for there leaders, elders, teachers and public servants despite their selfess, conceited views. I digress and i know Harrison is not the first to pull this routine but it is a embarrasment to the NFL.

This thread has a very icky dirty feel to it with all the steeler trolls commenting. It is a very simple, clear cut statement that your boy has made. His independance from respect for his country has drawn the ire of not only Browns fans but from the citizens of the greatest nation in the world. I hope that his displeasure with America will encourage him to find the second best country that will accept him. Great football player or not you diss The USA and in my opinion your public enemy #1.

It's about time people start showing respect for there leaders, elders, teachers and public servants despite their selfess, conceited views. I digress and i know Harrison is not the first to pull this routine but it is a embarrasment to the NFL.

This somehow means he hates America?.....

Its false cause and effect reason to say someone hates America becuase they aren't interested in meeting a politician...

You and your fans should be ashamed of yourselves.

I see you have given up on trying to accuse him of using roids and now you will try to say he hates America. Honestly.....

Shameful.

Roids, anti-patriotism, cheating, fans going along with it all........what the hell is going on over there?

Shameful.

Roids, anti-patriotism, cheating, fans going along with it all........what the hell is going on over there?

I believe you read the long paragraph I wrote becuase you didn't deny it. You won't deny reading it becuase you don't want to prove me right from what I said in the paragrapgh. Which tells me you read through the paragraph. If you can remember back to when you were reading it, you should probably remember reading the three things you do as opposed to ever backing up your claim. You just did what I had listed as #1.

I've never seen you make an actual football take. It's very possible you don't know a single thing about football and are just here because you are miserable. That is my take. Try explaining why instead of just chiding anything anybody says and then you may get a shroud of respect. There are guys that really know football on this board who share their time and contribute greatly, what you do is act like a little whiner who has nothing to say except act like those same guys that make those posts are a bunch of morons.

Let's hear what you got to say there guy. It's not really tough to sit back chide others when you have nothing to contribute.

What is this post about? Football? No, it was about a stupid comment that a player made.

What were my replies about? They were about this players abilities, and the success of his team.

Those are football takes. You say he's an idiot because of what he said. I said he is a great linebacker that made an great play in the superbowl.

Now, who is talking football and who isnt'.

Deal with the facts. I'm talk about what is real, you talk about what you want to be real.

What is this post about? Football? No, it was about a stupid comment that a player made.

What were my replies about? They were about this players abilities, and the success of his team.

Those are football takes. You say he's an idiot because of what he said. I said he is a great linebacker that made an great play in the superbowl.

Now, who is talking football and who isnt'.

Deal with the facts. I'm talk about what is real, you talk about what you want to be real.

The challenge is on Soldier Boy. Let's see if you can actually make a football related comment in any of the other threads. I'm curious as to whether you know one thing about football cuz I've never seen it.

Bring it on.

Here is my take, It's may not be your's, but this is what I think

Kellen Winslow is good tight end, but not a good fit for the Browns. In this division, we need a tight end that is more of a blocker than a pass catcher.

We need to draft for a specific system and not for the player (as we have done in the past) When you draft based on your system, you hit more than you miss.

The 3-4 got popular because it was success due to only a few teams using it 5 to 6 years ago. The few teams that used it at that time drafted players that fit it because they were available because not many teams were using it. Also, teams couldn't practice against it well, because they didn't implement it. Now, many teams (like our Browns) use it, and it will lose it's effectiveness because more teams are drafting for it and able to prepare for it.

In our divison we need a strong running game and tough defense. Big name recievers will not improve the Browns. Longer drives that take time off the clock and wear down defense's win games in November and December in cold weather. Scoring on a long strike, or Josh returning a kick-off , is not as benificial as a 15 play 3 yard at a time, 6 minute drive. We don't need a stong armed QB. We need a smart QB.

The Browns need an idenity. An owner that lives in Cleveland.

Arizona had a winning season. Atlanta had a good season. That doesn't make them good football organizations. New England, Philly, Pitts, have good organizatitons. Doug Williams had a good season, but he is should not be considered a Hall of Fame QB. Until the Browns put together successful seasons on a regular basis, I won't think of them as a good football organization. My favorite, yes, but not a good one.

Those are my football takes. I dont' consider good press the same as good football, sorry.

Here is my take, It's may not be your's, but this is what I think

Kellen Winslow is good tight end, but not a good fit for the Browns. In this division, we need a tight end that is more of a blocker than a pass catcher.

We need to draft for a specific system and not for the player (as we have done in the past) When you draft based on your system, you hit more than you miss.

The 3-4 got popular because it was success due to only a few teams using it 5 to 6 years ago. The few teams that used it at that time drafted players that fit it because they were available because not many teams were using it. Also, teams couldn't practice against it well, because they didn't implement it. Now, many teams (like our Browns) use it, and it will lose it's effectiveness because more teams are drafting for it and able to prepare for it.

In our divison we need a strong running game and tough defense. Big name recievers will not improve the Browns. Longer drives that take time off the clock and wear down defense's win games in November and December in cold weather. Scoring on a long strike, or Josh returning a kick-off , is not as benificial as a 15 play 3 yard at a time, 6 minute drive. We don't need a stong armed QB. We need a smart QB.

The Browns need an idenity. An owner that lives in Cleveland.

Arizona had a winning season. Atlanta had a good season. That doesn't make them good football organizations. New England, Philly, Pitts, have good organizatitons. Doug Williams had a good season, but he is should not be considered a Hall of Fame QB. Until the Browns put together successful seasons on a regular basis, I won't think of them as a good football organization. My favorite, yes, but not a good one.

Those are my football takes. I dont' consider good press the same as good football, sorry.

Good takes but the only thing missing is your idea for resolution to all the issues you addressed. Example would be the 3/4 losing its effectiveness. Do you think they should go back to the 4/3? Otherwise, what's the point of your take?

I hope you didn't just blow your one take cuz you showed some potential as a possible board contributor and not just a negative and depressed anti-fan.

Good takes but the only thing missing is your idea for resolution to all the issues you addressed. Example would be the 3/4 losing its effectiveness. Do you think they should go back to the 4/3? Otherwise, what's the point of your take?

I hope you didn't just blow your one take cuz you showed some potential as a possible board contributor and not just a negative and depressed anti-fan.

You might find this suprising, but my resolution is exactley what they seem to be doing. Let's build an idenity, stick to it, a punishing ground game and a intimidating defense. I remember last season or so they were talking about swiching to the 4-3. I think they should dedicate themselves to a philosophy, and stick to it.

Mangini should come out now and say "Quinn is the starter" If they are too close to call right now, then what difference does it make. He should say Quinn is the man. Players have to know this.

No mixed signals to Edwards either. Maybe the damage is done, but he should be told, you are the main reciever on this team, plays will be built around you, running plays and passing, and we expect you to show your tallent.

Bring Joe J. back to provide some leadership around work ethic.

What do you think?

You might find this suprising, but my resolution is exactley what they seem to be doing. Let's build an idenity, stick to it, a punishing ground game and a intimidating defense. I remember last season or so they were talking about swiching to the 4-3. I think they should dedicate themselves to a philosophy, and stick to it.

Mangini should come out now and say "Quinn is the starter" If they are too close to call right now, then what difference does it make. He should say Quinn is the man. Players have to know this.

No mixed signals to Edwards either. Maybe the damage is done, but he should be told, you are the main reciever on this team, plays will be built around you, running plays and passing, and we expect you to show your tallent.

Bring Joe J. back to provide some leadership around work ethic.

What do you think?

JJ is done, time to move on. We have other leaders in Patten and Furrey and we can't get any older.

Everything else I agree with except I don't think they ever really thought about switching to a 4/3, that was more media driven IMO.

I think what Mancock is doing is working toward an identity, and that is a team of tough, smart, savvy, team oriented guys who are versatile. They're building depth across the board and in the trenches and identifying and going after problem areas such as injury prone guys and butterfinger WR's.

I see nothing to complain about yet, but as Grossi says this is the best time of year for a head coach.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/178530-...-james-harrison

See, there's a logical explaination, and no it doesn't include him hating America.... :lol:

Some good points in this one too:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/179116-...or-not-steelers

I think the real reason Harrison didn't go was becuase he was afraid Obama would force him to become a Detroit Lion under his new spread the wealth throughout the NFL plan.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/178530-...-james-harrison

See, there's a logical explaination, and no it doesn't include him hating America.... :lol:

Some good points in this one too:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/179116-...or-not-steelers

I think the real reason Harrison didn't go was becuase he was afraid Obama would force him to become a Detroit Lion under his new spread the wealth throughout the NFL plan.

Word has it he's a communist supporter.

just sayin

Archived