THE BROWNS BOARD

Do Browns have cap space to sign Pro Bowl OT?

jk081965

Today's buzz is that Jaguars' OT Braden Albert wants to un-retire. It looks like the Jags are having second thoughts about whether or not they want to fork over a base salary of $8.875 million to Albert, so word is that they are considering releasing him once he reports back to camp. In my opinion, if the Browns have the cap space they need to jump on this guy as soon as he hits the market. Could you imagine having Pro Bowl bookends on the OL? I think Albert might be the final piece to give the Browns the #1 OL in the league. Wouldn't it be sweet to go from having our QBs constantly being pummeled last year to our QBs having all the time they need this year? That's not to mention the benefit to our running game. What do the rest of you think about this?

Do we have the space? Yes...

Do we have the need? Dunno... how is Shon looking?

Does Albert really want to play or did he just want to not owe JAX his bonus? Now that he doesn't owe it after meeting with JAX yesterday, does he still play?

If he plays this season, will he play the next two? The next two are more important seasons for this franchise.

I'm not feeling a 32-yo, two time Pro-Bowler with commitment questions.

Does Albert really want to play or did he just want to not owe JAX his bonus? Now that he doesn't owe it after meeting with JAX yesterday, does he still play?

If he plays this season, will he play the next two? The next two are more important seasons for this franchise.

I'm not feeling a 32-yo, two time Pro-Bowler with commitment questions.

At 32, likely not in the Browns long term plans. Keeping their own 10 year sure HOF guy of that age, sure, but not picking up an older guy from what could be called the "scrap heap"....which would be the case if he is released.

Today's buzz is that Jaguars' OT Braden Albert wants to un-retire. It looks like the Jags are having second thoughts about whether or not they want to fork over a base salary of $8.875 million to Albert, so word is that they are considering releasing him once he reports back to camp. In my opinion, if the Browns have the cap space they need to jump on this guy as soon as he hits the market. Could you imagine having Pro Bowl bookends on the OL? I think Albert might be the final piece to give the Browns the #1 OL in the league. Wouldn't it be sweet to go from having our QBs constantly being pummeled last year to our QBs having all the time they need this year? That's not to mention the benefit to our running game. What do the rest of you think about this?

Word was that he looked old and slow in training camp then decided to retire. After realizing he may be on the hook for the signing bonus and missing out on 9 mill, Albert unretired. He will do just enough to make it the three games, the required number for him not to be on the hook for the signing bonus, then call it a career.

Greatly declining OT who just wants to make a few dollars then call it a career. No thanks.

Sounds like a money mongrel to me..Speaking of which, Did the Texans hide the 10M cap money we gave them between the mattress for Brock? What's the deal with OT Dwayne Brown holdout down there? We are 1 injury or my latest nightmare of trading John Greco from having to play Ca-meal Erving (that's scary) OT Rob Johnson :ph34r: now comes with a Garrett rag Doll. My goal here is Brown's not the answer to moneyball, but we got to have 1 more OL Depth before we see Ca-mealla hit the field

Word was that he looked old and slow in training camp then decided to retire. After realizing he may be on the hook for the signing bonus and missing out on 9 mill, Albert unretired. He will do just enough to make it the three games, the required number for him not to be on the hook for the signing bonus, then call it a career.

Reports are that JAX reclassified Albert so the he does not have to repay the $3.4 mm bonus for which he was on the hook.

Archived