THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs. New York Giants Monday Night Football Preseason Game Night Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

I know people will laugh, but I miss Josh McCown. I have my doubts that Kizer will be ready enough to start out of the gate, and the idea of Osweiler playing vs the Steelers in the opener makes me want to stab my eyes out with a screwdriver as a precautionary measure. McCown would get injured by the 3rd or 4th week, but at least he'd give us at least mediocre QB play for a while.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ATENEARS said:

Kizer looks like a typical rookie that ain't ready. Stop blowing him, he is nothing so far. The first down girations was assume ... Johnny football like.

As much as he isn't ready(I completely agree)... BUT he looks light years better than Brock.. Better to let him learn in the trenches.. He looks way more mobile than any of the other options.. And seeing as that our O line is like swiss cheese, whoever is unlucky enough to be back there, had better be able to run for their lives.. LOVED that throw, he has a fucking great arm.. He put it right on the money, just got tipped at the last second.

1 minute ago, BobPOUND! said:

As much as he isn't ready(I completely agree)... BUT he looks light years better than Brock.. Better to let him learn in the trenches.. He looks way more mobile than any of the other options.. And seeing as that our O line is like swiss cheese, whoever is unlucky enough to be back there, had better be able to run for their lives.. LOVED that throw, he has a fucking great arm.. He put it right on the money, just got tipped at the last second.

I disagree. He doesn't look better than Brock and definitely not "light years" better. You throw this 21 year old kid into the fire and you ruin him, plain and simple.

1 minute ago, ATENEARS said:

I disagree. He doesn't look better than Brock and definitely not "light years" better. You throw this 21 year old kid into the fire and you ruin him, plain and simple.

Brock has 2-3 years experience against NFL defenses.   He is in-accurate as hell and can't move the offense.      Kiser is in his second preseason game and has trouble getting the team lined up.  His accuracy is better, arm is stronger and he can run.   Brock looks like a giraffe.

Nice mix of pass/run.. Finally getting them guessing.. I cannot understand how you can't see that Kizer's mechanics are light years ahead of Brocks.. He throws with confidence, has an NFL wind up. Is quick to make decisions...    He doesn't know the play book and looks like a deer in the headlights when things slow down.. But he seems to do well when things are moving quickly... We need to speed this Offence up I believe.. Maybe even go to a 2 minute drill early on and see what he can do.

2 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

Nice mix of pass/run.. Finally getting them guessing.. I cannot understand how you can't see that Kizer's mechanics are light years ahead of Brocks.. He throws with confidence, has an NFL wind up. Is quick to make decisions...    He doesn't know the play book and looks like a deer in the headlights when things slow down.. But he seems to do well when things are moving quickly... We need to speed this Offence up I believe.. Maybe even go to a 2 minute drill early on and see what he can do.

This.   Exactly, this.

2 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

Quick to make decisions? 

Just now, Browns149 said:

Not so much

I am open to being wrong.. But for better or worse he executes faster.. That screen was completely sold on his fast movements.. He really sold it...   Even when he was sacked those two times, you could watch his head.. He was checking down... He just needs the clock in his head to say "bail out" when the count reaches 3.... Other than that, I think he is making good decisions so far.

3 minutes ago, BobPOUND! said:

I am open to being wrong.. But for better or worse he executes faster.. That screen was completely sold on his fast movements.. He really sold it...   Even when he was sacked those two times, you could watch his head.. He was checking down... He just needs the clock in his head to say "bail out" when the count reaches 3.... Other than that, I think he is making good decisions so far.

The screen was well executed by all, although effective because the defense was pinning back their ears coming for the rookie. 

The holding on the ball on third and long (and a few other plays) and the careless runs into collisions soured his first half performance for me. The timing and lack of getting his team lined up is what preseason is for, that's not that big of concern. 

I just don't want to see another rookie burned in the fire.

It was a rice screen to the FB...a good catch and run....but he was totally useless on the previous play by running into a pile and basically blocking nobody.

Myles was manhandled pretty well while he was out there.  Yes he got a sack at the end of the half but that's because he was completely block and got knocked to the outside by a blocker...and Gino Smith ran right into him.

And everyone's talking about the hit on Beckman...but it's a legal hit.  Right?  The guy is not allowed to hit high.  So you have to go low.  Pretty soon they're not going to be able to hit the guy at all.

9 minutes ago, ATENEARS said:

Quick to make decisions? 

giants pulled some of there 1's & kizer looked better.. preseason 2, kids head & eyes are in right spot  

Archived