BrownsDawgPound

9 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Garrett silent? 

Invisible, not showing anything to warrant a #1 overall pick

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Roc585 said:

Few questions as the game was not available in my area...    Just going off of stats, why the big praise for kizer?  6-18 and a pick.  And Garret had no tackles or assists?  Just curious as stats don't always tell the tale.  Thanks in advance.

3rd down conversions were incredible.

15 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

Invisible, not showing anything to warrant a #1 overall pick

4 of the 5 sacks came from DE position..lets see what the tape shows. Myles was Kruger close forcing ball out on 2 plays that i saw. 1 Jamius just threw away

2 hours ago, Roc585 said:

Few questions as the game was not available in my area...    Just going off of stats, why the big praise for kizer?  6-18 and a pick.  And Garret had no tackles or assists?  Just curious as stats don't always tell the tale.  Thanks in advance.

If his receivers could catch a god damn ball, his numbers would have looked a lot better.  (I counted) three really good throws that bounced off of hands - one of which would have been a touchdown.

Converted on a few third downs, which was nice.  

Still a lot to work on.  Got into third down situation it seemed constantly, not making enough yards on first and second.  A couple of big overthrows and could have been picked off twice more than he did.  And I think he was afraid (or told not) to run, as his legs were a non-factor.

It really is all there for Kizer, though.  He was more decisive and his timing was far better than he showed in the first two games.  My criticisms when I first saw him take the field aren't the same as the ones tonight... He just keeps getting cleaner and cleaner.  It's going to be exciting to watch his progress this season.

Imagine what my boy Hogan could do if Hue would let him run with the ones for once? 

Hogan is the best QB on the Browns.

12 minutes ago, wargograw said:

I don't claim to understand how this whole grading system works, but interesting that both Browns safeties, considered a position of weakness, received the 3rd and 4th highest grades of any Browns.

11 hours ago, Roc585 said:

The INT was on tipped ball . . . still seeing dropped passes by WR's as well.

Kid is showing Pocket presence and stays calm, just needs to speed up his clock a bit and maybe backoff on always looking for the long ball.

Looking good for a Rookie though.

Not surprised at how well Cooper graded out even if it was against the 2s.

I think our overall defense is playing so much better than any of us thought they could play before the season opener.

Not bad at all for a team full of rookies and 2nd year players.

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

not good enough, I'm expecting Gastinau, Strahan type numbers from a #1 overall pick that was touted as the best player in the draft, just not seeing it.

Won't get to watch the entire game until Monday, but courtesy of Live, Look-ins on NFL Network got to see 3 or 4 drives by each team... plus highlights.

Biggest takeaway is that Kizer's not ready, but he looks like our best option. Other than one play where he was programed to look right before coming back to left, he stared down every target he had. I think he set a staring record on the throw to Coleman after bailing left out of the pocket... and then he made the throw... a great throw. That's going to be much of the season in a nutshell... poor QB play that produces some great throws.

Of course there will also be much of the "other" results as well... the two of the three things that happen after a pass is thrown that are bad.

It'll be interesting to chart his growth... at least I hope it will be.

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

How can that be? ;)

In the Bucs series that I saw, Jameis was getting rid of the ball quickly before even a free rush would have gotten to him. That's the kind of play-calling concession of which we haven't been the beneficiary in a long, long while.

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I don't claim to understand how this whole grading system works, but interesting that both Browns safeties, considered a position of weakness, received the 3rd and 4th highest grades of any Browns.

Basically you iso each player for each play of a given game, objectively evaluate each play and then do the math.

15 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

not good enough, I'm expecting Gastinau, Strahan type numbers from a #1 overall pick that was touted as the best player in the draft, just not seeing it.

Well, then he's off to a good start.....Strahan had 3 tackles and 1 sack in his first whole season.....I think Garrett will have that after a game....maybe 2.....(in fact, Strahan had 18 sacks over his first 4 years.....I say Garrett exceeds that in 2 or less)

Gastineau?.....hahahaha......Garrett will be twice the player he ever was.....no sweat....book it!

12 hours ago, Kvoethe said:

I cant remember the last 3-0 preaseason start.  I know 31 yrs ago was the last 4-0 preseason start. 

Kudos the new staff.  Nice to see the no quit mentality.  Although those guys are trying to make the team they play all 4 quarters hard.

Just remember, preseason record means nothing. Lions went 4-0 preseason, and 0-16 when it counted. Pat's went 0-4, and won the Super Bowl. That said, the Browns do look much improved. :)

1 hour ago, JAFBF said:

Game Highlights :

https://youtu.be/bFzQM8dkwIk

Kizer Highlights :

https://youtu.be/8lm7uABtQQk

thanks JAFBF...Game Highlights, Cory Coleman looked like a first round pick again..Kizer Highlights--I just can't get past the similarities in the pocket of another #7 that just don't play a lot...Brent Hundley.. a 5th rounder 6'3" 226 now 24..Kizer a 2nd rounder 6'4" 233 age 21..even the release is freakish similar..Sure no A. Rogers around here to stand in the way..    

4 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

I just can't get past the similarities in the pocket of another #7 that just don't play a lot...Brent Hundley

Very good comparison mechanics wise. 

39 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

Well, then he's off to a good start.....Strahan had 3 tackles and 1 sack in his first whole season.....I think Garrett will have that after a game....maybe 2.....(in fact, Strahan had 18 sacks over his first 4 years.....I say Garrett exceeds that in 2 or less)

Gastineau?.....hahahaha......Garrett will be twice the player he ever was.....no sweat....book it!

I hope so, if ever I wished I was wrong now is the time, The #30 pick in the draft, that went to the fucking steelers has 5 tackles, 2 sacks, 5 assists and 3 tackles for loss, Myles 2 tackles 1 sack. Please let me be wrong.

36 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

I hope so, if ever I wished I was wrong now is the time, The #30 pick in the draft, that went to the fucking steelers has 5 tackles, 2 sacks, 5 assists and 3 tackles for loss, Myles 2 tackles 1 sack. Please let me be wrong.

I think that is over simplifying things.....have they played the same # of snaps?.....is the steelers guy getting doubled on every play?....are other teams going at him, instead of away from him?.....etc etc etc....

Our D-Line is playing GREAT right now.....and the one change(outside of Williams) has been Garrett.....

I see LB's shooting gaps and getting sacks. Where are those gaps coming from, all of a sudden?.....could it be that he is tying up OL and creating opportunities that wouldnt be there otherwise?......I think so.....

37 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

I'm pretty sure we made it very clear that this is a TEAM defense and that his role in the team is to create bad matchups because he draws so much attention. This team is forcing the QBs in into quick decisions while collapsing the pocket. He's doing what he was brought in to do, provide pressure every play along with his teammates. (I just saw Mud's reply too so I concur).

Bottom line.....we've given up one touch down over 3 games....we have 12 sacks......and are stuffing the run.......all of which are unheard of in Browns country......and our DB's aren't very good...

So, as we all hoped, the DL is creating a LOT of pressure and forcing teams to react to that.....which is helping the whole team....

The difference is like a big board hitting you in the face.....do you not see it?.....

And, if you were to ask the coaches, I Garrett Tee you they would say Myles is the best we have....and is a making an impact.....stats be damned....

9 minutes ago, Mudfly said:

And, if you were to ask the coaches, I Garrett Tee you they would say Myles is the best we have....and is a making an impact.....stats be damned....

And Ogbah/Schobert/Nassib/Collins have benefited immensely so far. No reason to expect otherwise in regular season games.

1 hour ago, Mudfly said:

Bottom line.....we've given up one touch down over 3 games....we have 12 sacks......and are stuffing the run.......all of which are unheard of in Browns country......and our DB's aren't very good...

I'm not sure l would say "stuffing the run", but definitely an improvement. Still getting gashed here and there. Over pursuit may do that. Averaging 3.3 ypc against us. 

2 hours ago, TopDawg31 said:

Tj has been playing alot if 2nd and 3rd team snaps. Myles has been taken out early in most games. Yesterday was his most pkaying time by far

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Just remember, preseason record means nothing. Lions went 4-0 preseason, and 0-16 when it counted. Pat's went 0-4, and won the Super Bowl. That said, the Browns do look much improved. :)

as a season ticket holder, I'll take any win PS or not

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Tj has been playing alot if 2nd and 3rd team snaps. Myles has been taken out early in most games. Yesterday was his most pkaying time by far

don't make excuses, Garrett's production does not equate to #1 overall pick status. He said himself he wanted to set the rookie sack record. I'm not seeing it and he hasn't even gone up against the best LT's in the league yet. It's Greg William's D that is productive not Myles Garrett.

43 minutes ago, TopDawg31 said:

don't make excuses, Garrett's production does not equate to #1 overall pick status. He said himself he wanted to set the rookie sack record. I'm not seeing it and he hasn't even gone up against the best LT's in the league yet. It's Greg William's D that is productive not Myles Garrett.

Its not excuses. Watt has been playing 2nd and 3rd string o lines. Garett has been up against all starters. And he's still establishing his space against them. 

You have to have a certain eye for different positions to accurately judge a player. If u didnt play football than sometimes u end up judging players purely on stats. Garett is forcing early throws. He's within a few feet ofbthe QB at delivery more than anyone else on the team.....so time to trade him while his stock is highest right??

Archived