THE BROWNS BOARD

Hurricane prediction

Westside Steve

In a disaster like this we see it brings out the best in a lot of people as they try to help others. Unfortunately there are others who are scum and see an opportunity to make a buck off the misery of others:

Hurricane Harvey price gouging complaints include $99 for water

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/26/hurricane-harvey-price-gouging-complaints-include-99-for-water.html

I just wonder what would happen if there was a disaster in a major half/quarter of our country. Price gouging during

a life and death emergency is just sickening.

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

In a disaster like this we see it brings out the best in a lot of people as they try to help others. Unfortunately there are others who are scum and see an opportunity to make a buck off the misery of others:

Hurricane Harvey price gouging complaints include $99 for water

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/08/26/hurricane-harvey-price-gouging-complaints-include-99-for-water.html

Ur precious free market. Bow before it. Take it deeply inside of you it is ur one true lord and master. ☕️

Just got an email back this morning from one of my 1st cousins that his home is still dry despite being located equidistant from Buffalo Bayou and Bray's Bayou just inside the 610 loop. They luckily had moved in April from an area just blocks from Bray's where all the homes are deep in water now. The flooding stopped just a few blocks from his new location. He must have the luck of our shared grandmother who survived the 1900 Galveston hurricane. The wall of debris stopped just short of her home back then too.

16 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

No, I think Steve makes a solid point. The dems screwed over Bush about Katrina - it was a farce.

It is not far-fetched to think they will do it to Trump, too - they are after Trump a lot fiercer than they were Bush.

Every single thing about the dimwiticrats is political.

It wasn't right the Ds went after Bush about Katrina, I do remember.

You seem to think everything about the dimwitcrats is political, which it is. Ditto for the Rs. If you think the Rs are actually representing you and instead of their own special interests, well I know I won't change your mind, but that's a big mistake.

2 hours ago, Bob806 said:

It wasn't right the Ds went after Bush about Katrina, I do remember.

You seem to think everything about the dimwitcrats is political, which it is. Ditto for the Rs. If you think the Rs are actually representing you and instead of their own special interests, well I know I won't change your mind, but that's a big mistake.

Sure Bob both sides do this stuff but I don't remember the insane Attack Mode by Republicans against Democrats during any previous natural disaster. I think that was the first with Katrina. 

I'm hoping they don't do it now but I wouldn't be surprised.

WSS

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Sure Bob both sides do this stuff but I don't remember the insane Attack Mode by Republicans against Democrats during any previous natural disaster. I think that was the first with Katrina. 

I'm hoping they don't do it now but I wouldn't be surprised.

WSS

I believe the criticism directed at Bush was over a slow response by FEMA. While I don't think it was warranted, it did spark a change in FEMA and the way it prepares now for these types of things.

8 minutes ago, Bob806 said:

I believe the criticism directed at Bush was over a slow response by FEMA. While I don't think it was warranted, it did spark a change in FEMA and the way it prepares now for these types of things.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slatest/2015/08/27/_george_bush_doesn_t_care_about_black_people_how_kanye_west_s_katrina_moment.html

WSS

Well now the looters are out here.  Great!

If you have shit you better be prepared to defend it.  

Lots of givers and a lot of takers.

Thanks for all the support from coast to coast.  EVERYONE.

On a hilarious side note:  

Not to promote douchebag racists, but lots of volunteer boats with confederate flags on them picking up all kinds of people.  The irony of it all.  If I posted a video you wouldn't believe it because you wouldn't know any better.

On 8/28/2017 at 7:36 PM, Bob806 said:

No doubt shit went wrong.

I couldn't help noticing that in your 10 things we didn't know about the hurricane there was no mention of the money that had been sent for the maintenance and repair of the levees that didn't exactly find its way to that particular project.

WSS

Archived