THE BROWNS BOARD

I Trust In Kizer

beyster

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, Ghoolie said:

He is also going to get injured pretty early on. Perhaps as early as the Steeler game. He holds on to the fucking ball too long, and he is a run-first QB. Not a good combination.

Eight carries in roughly a two-game equivalent = "run-first"?

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

From the article:

"I'm not arguing with the verdict. I'm just telling you there aren't many people around the league who think Kizer should be an NFL starter in Week 1. "

OK-so? When he's the best you have you deal with it and make him better. Bottom line.

"Many people" don't matter....only 1 person matters:  Hue Jackson.   And he has had his say.

Fair to say?

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

No Doubt. Just saw a rare article without the hearts and flowers. I'm not one of the sit and learn stalwarts, but I do realize there's a chance of a career-threatening injury coming out of the gate.

Hit that 20, there are four aces in the deck.

WSS

Yep, I took 6th place in a Texas Hold 'em tournament when I went all in with a pair of jacks against which I guessed correctly was an ace high hand. On the river she hit that one out 3 aces left and I settled for lesser money. Shit!:P

52 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Eight carries in roughly a two-game equivalent = "run-first"?

Wait until the heat is turned up. Again, I believe he should have been named the starter from day one. I also hope this is my worst prediction ever and he turns out to be a great QB for us. I just don't see it.

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Not only a chance for the Browns to finally hit it rich, God knows the team is due, but also a chance for all the frustrated pussies here for the first time to be able to come in here and say, "Ghoolie was wrong". Of course, as we all know, that ain't gonna happen. Black Tarkenton #2 being served up for the Steelers opening day party at a stadium near you, very soon.

12 minutes ago, Ghoolie said:

Wait until the heat is turned up. Again, I believe he should have been named the starter from day one. I also hope this is my worst prediction ever and he turns out to be a great QB for us. I just don't see it.

I get that... but we'll also be starting our #1's. Plus have to remember that half (I'm guestimating) of the 8 carries have been designed, read-option runs. I expect us to see 2-3 of the these per week.

All things being equal I would rather Kizer sit and learn as much as possible. I am happy he is progressing every week and he has shown flashes. Some of the things I have liked are in fact his decision making, throwing the ball away, looking down field when he scrambles, he even appears to move better in the pocket then most of the QBs we have had in the past. I have not seen anything that shows me he is looking to bail an run first to this point. I suspect there will be occassions where this does happen but I do not see this as a pervasive issue at this point. I will say the fact that we seems to be taking lots of shots down the field should help keep secondaries honest and keep them from creeping up and jumping routes, which was a failing of Kessler.

1 hour ago, Ghoolie said:

Not only a chance for the Browns to finally hit it rich, God knows the team is due, but also a chance for all the frustrated pussies here for the first time to be able to come in here and say, "Ghoolie was wrong". Of course, as we all know, that ain't gonna happen. Black Tarkenton #2 being served up for the Steelers opening day party at a stadium near you, very soon.

I see no frustration by members here in saying "Ghoolie was wrong".  People take advantage of that opportunity every single day on here...don't they.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

actually I think the last regular season game is scheduled to be played in January.  So YOU ARE WRONG, WRONG, WRONG....:P:lol:

Nope Dec 31 I'm RIGHT RIGHT RIGHT

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK, boss.  :blush:

But this year will be different, we will be playing in January.

22 hours ago, D Bone said:

So glad you're not running the team. 

of course you do not quote that I said Hogan should be are back up cause ossweiler and Kessler stink,so yes I would be looking at cuts for a veteran qb to back up kizer

17 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

I get that... but we'll also be starting our #1's. Plus have to remember that half (I'm guestimating) of the 8 carries have been designed, read-option runs. I expect us to see 2-3 of the these per week.

Kizer did some dumb things in the Giants game, like run to "prove to the team" I can take a hit. Ever stick your finger in a wall outlet to feel what electricity feels like? Hue told him to slide from now on. I agree about the read option stuff. The plus is we saw some pocket presence and mobility out of the guy.

On 8/28/2017 at 6:20 PM, TopDawg31 said:

But this year will be different, we will be playing in January.

Am the Toledo,Ohio Homer of the board..If you feel losing the Mitch homer gets bad? Hell,yell at me :P(just remember Kizer went to a catholic HS & am grandma raised catholic,with legal papers) 

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

I just dread hearing the black Weeden ref...

lol... little chance of that... unless there's an unreleased SportsScience episode on the shelf somewhere... or a big, carnivorous flag laying in wait for him opening day...

2 hours ago, wargograw said:

Hahahahaha ahahahahahahah. I had never seen that before. Great stuff. 

See what you miss when you come late to the party?

Kizer is done by week 4. 

Hogan is the Real MVP. Fuck Kizer. 

You'll see. Kizer is not the answer. Just the newest Mary Kay Cabot crush and a poor fool about to get wrecked week one. Literally Kizer is the worst possible choice to start week 1. 

This means that we fucked. 

Hogan 

Oz

Kessler/Kizer

In that order is the QB talent right now on this team. I thought we were supposed to TRUST, TRUST ME on Kessler, said Hue Jackson. Just gotta trust me. Yeah, the worst QB right now on the roster right next to the boy wonder Kizer that's never called a real play in a game that mattered. It's embarrassing. 

19 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

boy wonder Kizer that's never called a real play in a game that mattered. It's embarrassing. 

No QB's call the plays.  The HC / OC call the plays.  The QB just repeats what he was told to the guys in the huddle.

Here's two things that I've noticed about you Poetic:

1) You are a passionate, loyal, diehard (not diehard, dieimpossible) Browns fan.  Through and through.

2) I can't think of any time that I've agreed with your point of view on a topic.  (but then again, that's what makes the world go 'round)

Archived