THE BROWNS BOARD

recyclable jerseys

LBC mike

2 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

The way our personnel Changed and players come and go,  has anyone created a Jersey that you can change names and numbers easily?  Everyone has dead jersys in their closet.   

I'm saving my Primo Johnny Football Browns Jersey in it's original unopened plastic wrapper so my great-grandchildren can barter it @ A&M in 2060 or so. I'll only open it if JM is willing to sign it somewhere at a future date.:P

34 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

The way our personnel Changed and players come and go,  has anyone created a Jersey that you can change names and numbers easily?  Everyone has dead jersys in their closet.   

Yea, they should just make them with Velcro on the back where the name is, so that it is interchangeable.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'm saving my Primo Johnny Football Browns Jersey in it's original unopened plastic wrapper so my great-grandchildren can barter it @ A&M in 2060 or so. I'll only open it if JM is willing to sign it somewhere at a future date.:P

Don't "open it"... just neatly slit packaging in area to be signed and then seal in a new storage bag. Slip a photo of the signing in with the jersey.

Might get a semester's worth of books for it... ;)

21 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I actually WORE mine a time or 2. Now I'm trying to find a mannequin to put it on along with various descriptive placards paying "proper" tribute to him.  :rolleyes:

Mike

Down here in Columbus the afternoon guys on 97.1 were talking about a new company starting soon called "Rep the Squad". Apparently you can pay a $19.99 fee a month and rent any jersey you want. Just like old netflix DVDs to your door. When you're done wearing it, just send it back and get the next one in your que.  Weird, but I'm sure they'll make millions

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

They need to bring back the old tearaway jerseys that used to be around back in the pre-wishbone and wishbone days of college football. 

https://blogs.usafootball.com/blog/898/tear-away-jerseys-one-of-football-s-most-unique-innovations

Greg Pruitt was the King of the Tearaway Jersey.  He basically got it banned all by himself.

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/How-Greg-Pruitt-made-the-tear-away-jersey-famous-and-ultimately-a-forgotten-relic-of-past/77be2db4-bb50-47d1-8d8b-a8121ff07a26

Archived