THE BROWNS BOARD

Haden a Steeler

Alkid3

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, nickers said:

Bones don't care if your an athlete or not....He's younger so yeah.. we'll see...

Can he keep the muscles toned enough to go from cast to field?

1 hour ago, wargograw said:

They got lots of snaps for guys who will actually be here when we're good.

Ok, not sure how that was a win for Sashi.  You or I would've been smart enough to cut Haden if Haslam signed off on it.  Getting anything for Gilbert was a win.

29 minutes ago, wargograw said:

So why were plenty of posters disgruntled about it?

I'd say Haden was a brand name.  When he came into the league he was very good and gave some fans a reason to cheer.  One thing Browns fans are not good at is letting reason overtake emotion and I'm guilty of it as well.  Joe has been in steady decline since he inked the big deal but many weren't ready to face that fact.  The same way many steal believe there are a bunch of incredible coaches out there waiting for the Browns to call because "they want to be the guy to turn it around".

21 hours ago, hoorta said:

Generally- it's 8 weeks for a broken bone. Might be back in time for the playoffs. 

He doesn't need surgery, reports are 5-6 with the potential for less. You can Google it yourself hoorta good sir. He's going to be back in less than 8 weeks unless he has a setback.

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

If by this you mean that he looks much uglier wearing that uniform....well, that is a given.  They are such ugly uniforms that they would make anyone look ugly.

Says the guy rooting for a team with poop brown unis. Get the hell out gipper lol.

10 hours ago, Vagitron said:

He doesn't need surgery, reports are 5-6 with the potential for less. You can Google it yourself hoorta good sir. He's going to be back in less than 8 weeks unless he has a setback.

And we'll see how wrong you are when he's still on the pine.. I have had this injury.. you have 0 clue what the fukk your even talking about.. yeah.. the bone might heal.. but it will take him a year just to feel confident.. I hate to break it to ya.. but Slow Joe Hadens career is done...

14 hours ago, wargograw said:

So why were plenty of posters disgruntled about it?

Because it is one thing to cut a guy.....it is another thing to cut a guy not knowing if you have someone on hand who was better than him.  Joe may have lost some....and may have even lost his starting job,  but we were not sure that the backup CBs kept here were any better than Joe.

While McCourty has been good, Jamar Taylor has been spotty at best.   And while the Lady Brienn Boddy-Calhoun is a decent player......the other backup we have is Mike Jordan  (and no one really wants to be like this Mike).  Haden would likely have been a better backup. 

And...again, it was just a case of this FO wanting to ditch a bit of an older player for a younger, cheaper player.......of questionable talent.

11 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Says the guy rooting for a team with poop brown unis. Get the hell out gipper lol.

Just because our current uniforms suck doesn't make your uniforms any less sucky.  (Browns classic uniforms are great)

Besides, the actual Browns uniform color is supposed to be Seal Brown......fashioned after WWII Bomber Jackets.

4b5c384d08d5298c4cc6c6a1299771f3.jpg

I don't know if the current uniforms are actually the same color.

60f5548ce10898a9c7cdeda6f23cb14d--jim-br

8 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Just because our current uniforms suck doesn't make your uniforms any less sucky.  (Browns classic uniforms are great)

Besides, the actual Browns uniform color is supposed to be Seal Brown......fashioned after WWII Bomber Jackets.

4b5c384d08d5298c4cc6c6a1299771f3.jpg

I don't know if the current uniforms are actually the same color.

60f5548ce10898a9c7cdeda6f23cb14d--jim-br

Theyre not.. Theyre a smidge darker I think..

29 minutes ago, Furious Styles said:

Wins ? 1-15 and 0-9 are "wins" only in a analytically hopeful dream fantasy world until........... actual real life "wins" take place.

You are right... Sashi did not win anything.

Sashi & Co. moving on from Joe to McCourty was a winning move.

Better?

6 minutes ago, finger Mellon said:

I miss Joe Haden.  Even if you don't.  I miss him playing for PIT.

His backup allowed a 75 yard TD on Thursday Night Football.  He provided horrendous coverage on that play.

Then he got an INT later in the game, so I guess we can consider his play to be erratic.

I fully expect Shittsburg to waltz into the playoffs this year...then get sent home once again by Bill & Tom.

1 hour ago, finger Mellon said:

Then he got an INT later in the game, so I guess we can consider his play to be erratic.

Thereby equally Joe's INT total thru 9 games...

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure how great Joe Haden is but his backup Coty Sensabaugh has been terrible and he was going to be the starter til Joe Haden came like a gift from God.

Say what you want about Joe Haden, but he was not being TARGETED.  Coty Sensabaugh is being targeted and PIT's pass D has gone to Hell.

PIT's pass defense went from #1 to horrendous.

PIT has allowed an average of 275 passing yards per game since Haden got his crutches.

275 YPG would make PIT 31st against the pass.

Oh. . .  and who were the QB's that lit up the sky?  - - Marcus Mariota and Brett Hundley - - -  (not Tom Brady and Drew Brees.)

PIT will face CIN next, then BAL, and then NE, all teams with good or great QB's.  PIT may lose 3 in-a-row,

19 minutes ago, finger Mellon said:

I'm not sure how great Joe Haden is but his backup Coty Sensabaugh has been terrible and he was going to be the starter til Joe Haden came like a gift from God.

Say what you want about Joe Haden, but he was not being TARGETED.  Coty Sensabaugh is being targeted and PIT's pass D has gone to Hell.

PIT has allowed an average of 275 passing yards per game since Haden got his crutches.

Oh. . .  and who were the QB's that lit up the sky?  - - Marcus Mariota and Brett Hundley - - -  (not Tom Brady and Drew Brees.)

PIT will face CIN next, then BAL, and then NE, all teams with good or great QB's.  PIT may lose 3 in-a-row,

Try talking to someone that cares.  You won't find him here.

And yes, Pitt was lucky to win another game.

yes, they are good...but also very lucky.

On 11/19/2017 at 8:09 AM, Dick Mellon said:

I miss Joe Haden.  Even if you don't.  I miss him playing for PIT.

His backup allowed a 75 yard TD on Thursday Night Football.  He provided horrendous coverage on that play.

We don't miss him because we couldn't count on him because he was always injured. Apparently you're into that.

Z

30 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Let’s hope so.

I'd prefer if they won so they would rest for the last season game against us...

45 minutes ago, finger Mellon said:

We might lose three in a row? Lol. Flacco sucks, Bengals aren't exactly beating down the league. The NE game is the question mark. If they lose three in a row they will be imploding.

Archived