THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns/Steelers Trivia

The Gipper

The regular season starts....as does the Trivia contests being geared toward the week's opponent and their relationship...somewhat, with the Browns.  Here are your Browns/Steelers trivia questions:

1. Which Steelers player in history has made the most Pro Bowls?

2. Five (5) Quarterbacks who have started a Super Bowl at one time have also played for the Steelers. Name all 5. 

3. Name 3 QBs who for at least 1 year were the primary starting QB for the Steeler who also played for the Browns.

4. Name those HCs of the Steelers who spent their playing career playing for the Browns.

5. Name the former HC of the Steelers who was actually a mentor of Paul Browns.

6.  Ben R. and Bradshaw are the two QBs who have won the most games for the Steelers as their starting QB.   Who is third on their list of most wins by a starting QB?

7. What Browns player has made the most Pro Bowls in their history?

8. What Browns Hall of Fame player actually spent the last year of his career playing for the Steelers?

9. Who was the last player taken by the Browns from the University of Pittsburgh?  He is a well familiar name.

10. Who were the head coaches of the Browns and Steelers the first time the teams met in the postseason?

11. Who were the starting QBs of each team on that day?

12. How much time was left on the clock when the Steelers scored to take the lead for good in the Browns/Steelers 2002 playoff game? (margin of error)

Bonus:  Explain why Pittsburgh sucks

Wow... WAG that it's not a skill position... Webster?

2. Five (5) Quarterbacks who have started a Super Bowl at one time have also played for the Steelers. Name all 5. 

Bradshaw, Rothlesberger... Rex Grossman? Len Dawson?

3. Name 3 QBs who for at least 1 year were the primary starting QB for the Steeler who also played for the Browns.

Tomczak, Shiner(?), Layne???

4. Name those HCs of the Steelers who spent their playing career playing for the Browns.

Noll and Cowher for sure... earlier?

???

6.  Ben R. and Bradshaw are the two QBs who have won the most games for the Steelers as their starting QB.   Who is third on their list of most wins by a starting QB?

Stewart?

Going with longevity over GOAT... Clay Sr.?

8. What Browns Hall of Fame player actually spent the last year of his career playing for the Steelers?

Seems like I saw one time that Marion Motley did...

9. Who was the last player taken by the Browns from the University of Pittsburgh?  He is a well familiar name.

Pinky? Only Panther I can think of that we drafted.

10. Who were the head coaches of the Browns and Steelers the first time the teams met in the postseason?

Belichick and Cowher

Vinnie and... Neal O'Donnell?

12. How much time was left on the clock when the Steelers scored to take the lead for good in the Browns/Steelers 2002 playoff game? (margin of error)

Ooooo... was just under one minute... and game actually took place in 2003...

It's the confluence... produces a naturally occurring vacuum. However, no one understands how the city manages to multiply it.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Len Dawson, Earl Morrall, Terry Bradshaw, David Woodley, Ben Roethlisberger. 

Pgh sure didn't do much with Dawson or Morrall when they had them. Also had John Unitas and cut him, true story. Had three really good QBs all in a short span of time. Jack Kemp too.

They beat the Browns with regularity.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Wow... WAG that it's not a skill position... Webster?  NO

Bradshaw, Rothlesberger... Rex Grossman? Len Dawson?  Bradshaw/BR/Dawson correct, not Grossman to my knowledge (did he ever start a game for the Steelers....not to my recollection.

Tomczak, Shiner(?), Layne??? Tomscak and Shiner check.  Layne never played for Browns.

Noll and Cowher for sure... earlier?  Nope, thats it.  Check

???

Stewart? Check

Going with longevity over GOAT... Clay Sr.? NO...and FYI...Clay Sr...is actually the Browns Clay Matthews Dad...who played in the NFL/ the Packers Clay is Clay III

Seems like I saw one time that Marion Motley did...  Check

Pinky? Only Panther I can think of that we drafted. Good guess, not right. Pinkston was drafted like a year before this guy.

Belichick and Cowher  Check

Vinnie and... Neal O'Donnell?  Check

Ooooo... was just under one minute... and game actually took place in 2003...  Looking for exact amount...within margin.

It's the confluence... produces a naturally occurring vacuum. However, no one understands how the city manages to multiply it.  One of many correct and good answers. Bravo!

1 hour ago, Buck The Frowns said:

Pgh sure didn't do much with Dawson or Morrall when they had them. Also had John Unitas and cut him, true story. Had three really good QBs all in a short span of time. Jack Kemp too.

I did not have Woodley...but, I see he DID play for the Steelers....OK, make that 6.  I also did not include Unitas..though I don't think he ever actually started a regular season game for the Steelers, did he?  So he would not actually count.  There is another that has not been named.  Morrall was the surprise for me.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Ooooo... was just under one minute... and game actually took place in 2003...  Looking for exact amount...within margin.

OK... 0:59... :)

EDIT: 0:55... cause margin...

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I did not have Woodley...but, I see he DID play for the Steelers....OK, make that 6.  I also did not include Unitas..though I don't think he ever actually started a regular season game for the Steelers, did he?  So he would not actually count.  There is another that has not been named.  Morrall was the surprise for me.

Let us not forget Neil O'Donnell...MVP for the Cowboys in SB XXX

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

6 hours ago, acidhead said:

Let us not forget Neil O'Donnell...MVP for the Cowboys in SB XXX

Yah, forgot O'Donnell. Unitas never played a regular season game for them. So that makes 6.

Second Chance Saloon.   Questions not answered yet...only a few.  

1. Which Steelers player made the most Pro Bowls in his career?

3. Besides Mike Tomscak and Dick Shiner, what Browns QB also was a primary starting QB for the Steelers for at least 1 year?

5. Name the former Steelers HC that was actually a mentor of Paul Brown's.

7. What Browns player has made the most Pro Bowl appearances?

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Second Chance Saloon.   Questions not answered yet...only a few.  

3. Besides Mike Tomscak and Dick Shiner, what Browns QB also was a primary starting QB for the Steelers for at least 1 year? Bill Nelsen? He and Shiner were traded for each other, unusual trade of two guys at same position.

1 hour ago, StinkHole said:

Should the Steelers win, Big Ben will become the winningest QB at First Energy Stadium.

At 10 wins, Ben is currently tied with which former Browns QB?

You got no answers for the questions that are here?  When you answer our questions, then maybe you can ask your own.  I mean...you don't even know what Steeler has made the most Pro Bowls ? Or which Steelers coach was Paul Brown's mentor?

On 9/6/2017 at 0:12 PM, The Gipper said:

The regular season starts....as does the Trivia contests being geared toward the week's opponent and their relationship...somewhat, with the Browns.  Here are your Browns/Steelers trivia questions:

Friday Afternoon, Answer time:

"Mean" Joe Greene made 10 Pro Bowls.  Lambert, Franco, Webster, and Stautner made 9 for them)

So...actually we know the number is actually 6:   Bradshaw, Ben R., O'Donnell, plus Earl Morrall, Len Dawson, and David Woodley (and who knows...maybe there is another one out there that we missed.)

Mike Tomscak,  Dick Shit from Shinola Shiner, Bill Nelsen

Chuck Noll and Bill Cowher.

Jock Sutherland.  PB based many of his coaching techniques on those that Sutherland developed...while Sutherland was the HC at Pitt. U. (Sutherland later became Steelers HC....in like 1946/47...same time PB was founding the Browns.) I don't know if they ever faced off.  Not in the Pros...maybe while PB was HC at OSU and Sutherland at Pitt.

Kordell Stewart:    BR has won 123, Bradshaw 107, Stewart 46.

Joe Thomas  10 Pro Bowls.  Jim Brown made 9....Lou Groza made 9.  Many Browns greats may have had as many but the AAFC years did not count for the Pro Bowl)

Marion Motley

Jabaal Sheard. 2d round pick of 2011.  

Bill Cowher and Bill Belichick.  Cowher won 29-9

Neil O'Donnell and Vinny Testaverde

54 seconds.  Thanks Northcutt for dropping the pass that would have clinched the game....and to Butch for going into the prevent defense in the middle of the third quarter.

The Steelers suck mainly because their fans suck. They are stupid, ignorant toothless hillbillies for the most part who think that THEY are the reason that team has done well.  

Otherwise, the city of Pittsburgh can be pretty nice and interesting.  And the team has been good because it has been managed and coached well for the most part. Plus they have been lucky.

Brown had achieved this success by implementing a system at Massillon based on techniques developed by Dr. John B. "Jock" Sutherland, head coach at the University of Pittsburgh. Sutherland had played professional football for the pioneerMassillon Tigers club when Brown was a boy and had gone on to success as a coach. Brown planned every phase of his program, detailing practice schedules, assigning assistant coaches (which he dubbed "position coaches") specific duties, and installing his entire system in Massillon's junior high schools so that players would already know his system when they reached high school.

Archived